Incorrect number of Doctors?

Herschel

Adventurer
Well, there was a David Tennant regeneration where he used enough energy to heal but then channeled the rest of the energy in to his hand (which then spawned a separate, half-human doctor when Donna's DNA corrupted the "cloning".

Then there's Matt Smith's Doctor re-booting the entire universe.

Then there's Morbius' umpteen other doctor incarnations.

Don't forget not only John Hurt, but the Valeyard.

Yeah, there's no way Peter Capaldi will be the final incarnation. The show is too profitable.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
The regeneration from Baker to Davison was odd; maybe he's going to say it wasn't a real one.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Yeah, basically he can say pretty much anything he likes and probably justify it. After all, the SFX or portrayal of regens were all inconsistent up until Eccleston-Tennant.

Robin Hoodlum

Banned
Banned
The regeneration from Baker to Davison was odd; maybe he's going to say it wasn't a real one.

How was it odd?
I saw that episode way back in the late 80s. I have never seen any other "regenerations", so I don't know what they are normally like. How did the Baker/ Davison regen differ from the others?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
How was it odd?
I saw that episode way back in the late 80s. I have never seen any other "regenerations", so I don't know what they are normally like. How did the Baker/ Davison regen differ from the others?

Weird entity called the Watcher merged into him to create Davison. The rest (the ones they showed at least) were just straight changes, though different SFX each time over the years.

Robin Hoodlum

Banned
Banned
Weird entity called the Watcher merged into him to create Davison. The rest (the ones they showed at least) were just straight changes, though different SFX each time over the years.

The Watcher, eh? I don't remember that part.
Anyway, thanks for the answer.

Lets not forget that the Doctor also absorbed all of River's remaining regens (at least 8 I think), so whos to say he cant use those? Really the possibilities are endless, endless I tell you!

Remove ads