GOTHAM Gets Official Full Series Order at Fox

http://www.newsarama.com/21069-goth...mises-to-surpass-the-dark-knight-trilogy.html

Heller said all of the first season is already mapped out, and the series will feature not only young Bruce Wayne and rookie cop Jim Gordon, but also Harvey Bullock, the Penguin, Riddler, young Catwoman, Poison Ivy, former "tough marine" Alfred Pennyworth, and others — and "possibly Harvey Dent." The series will show what "inspired" the villains to eventually become their older selves.

"There are so many iterations of the story and so many great versions [that] there is no one road to go down. And if you stick to one of those roads, then you lose other parts you could go down. I read everything I could and then — I didn’t throw it away, but I started fresh. I would hate to pick a particular Batman iteration because I would be dismissing others. But for me, The Killing Joke was one of the great ones in the comic books. Obviously the [Frank] Miller version [The Dark Knight Returns], as well."

Sounds like he's going to make another Earth for the dc verse lol

EricNoah

Adventurer
So, Gotham is here. Any reactions?

I liked what I saw so far. Very far from "teen angst".

I do fear that as the table is set and we get closer and closer to Batman, it will be less satisfying.

Crothian

First Post
There was a a lot crammed into that pilot. I liked most of it. Poison Ivy was not that great, but She who will be Catwoman and Penguin were very good. I like the setting and noir feel. I like that Gordon is a Paladin in a place filled with corruption. It has a lot of potential to be good and bad.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Conceptually, I don't understand where it can go. The hero can't clean up Gotham; that's why Batman will one day be needed. I'm struggling with the idea of a long term story.

Then again, I haven't seen it yet, and won't for a month, so hopefully the first ep allays those fears a bit.

There was a a lot crammed into that pilot. I liked most of it. Poison Ivy was not that great, but She who will be Catwoman and Penguin were very good. I like the setting and noir feel. I like that Gordon is a Paladin in a place filled with corruption. It has a lot of potential to be good and bad.

I liked She who will be Catwoman's goggles...but yeah poison icy was meh and Nigma was okay, I look forward to seeing how he goes down the slippery slope.

Crothian

First Post
That's just a pithy soundbyte.

But it is true with a prequel. We know how this story ends. They set up a lot of characters some we know others that are new. It is going to be interesting to see how those characters get to where they are going. If that is not of interest to you then save yourself the heart ache and just don't watch.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
But it is true with a prequel. We know how this story ends. They set up a lot of characters some we know others that are new. It is going to be interesting to see how those characters get to where they are going.

I think you don't get what I'm saying.

You can't have a journey without a destination. And there can be no destination here. Gotham will remain the same or worse. Gordon cannot affect anything.

Sure, he can arrest random bad guys each week, or have a soap opera personal life. But what journey can his character possibly take?

Does Commissioner Gordon differ much to Lt. Gordon? Other than having a higher rank and a moustache?

If that is not of interest to you then save yourself the heart ache and just don't watch

A TV show won't cause me heartache. I will be checking it out. I'm just chewing the fat.

Crothian

First Post
I think you don't get what I'm saying.

You can't have a journey without a destination. And there can be no destination here. Gotham will remain the same or worse. Gordon cannot affect anything.

Sure, he can arrest random bad guys each week, or have a soap opera personal life. But what journey can his character possibly take?

Does Commissioner Gordon differ much to Lt. Gordon? Other than having a higher rank and a moustache?

I get what you are saying we just have different opinions on what makes a destination. Gordon fighting a good fight against corruption and never fully succeeded I am fine with. He will clean up some gangs to make room for the new gangs that we know are coming like Penguin's gang. He can make a good dent into police corruption. I think he will handle the problems he can handle but other problems (super villians) will slowly come out of the woodwork that he can't but that will be down the road.

A TV show won't cause me heartache. I will be checking it out. I'm just chewing the fat.

You just sounds really negative toward a show you haven't seen.

Remove ads