GOTHAM Gets Official Full Series Order at Fox

Regarding Gordon...he's going to go thru a marriage and then divorce at some point, depending how far they plan to go down the road. (Edit: Unless they plan to use the character's story points from the new 52)

I see the show as separate from the Noalnverse as Burton's was from Nolan....

I do like that the pulled in Bullock and Montoya, I do wonder if they plan for the dynamic to change between those three ( Gordon,Bullock, Montoya) from uneasy cowrokers to something more align with what either the old BTA:S or the comics.

Crothian

First Post
One thing it looks like they are doing that hopefully won't ruin the show is having Young Bruce Wayne in each episode. I would prefer that he was barely in the show at all and it focused more on the adults and the city.

Conceptually, I don't understand where it can go. The hero can't clean up Gotham; that's why Batman will one day be needed. I'm struggling with the idea of a long term story.

Then again, I haven't seen it yet, and won't for a month, so hopefully the first ep allays those fears a bit.
Looks like it is going to be a great deal about Gordon's struggle with a world that intents to beat him down and break him for being a good person and trying to do the right thing. Anyway being that the world is so far from the goal of reforming the city and the police, he can accomplish a lot and still have heaps left over.

Just remember the old saying, it is a battle that cannot be won, but can be lost. Gordon might keep it from being lost.

I think a difference between Gotham now and Gotham in the Batmen era is that the rules actually change. Yes, the city is corrupt. Police are paid of by Criminals. There are arrangements.

But then new villains establish themselves - and they no longer play by these rules, or follow these arrangements.

Or maybe I am just projecting Nolan's Joker on this show?

Richards

Legend
Gordon's got a lot of work cut out for him, but he's going to have to set his priorities.

Step one: grow a mustache. He looks weird without it.

I'm sure the rest will all fall into place once he gets that crucial first step taken care of.

Johnathan

Crothian

First Post
Second episode was good. Creepy villains with more talked about. The gore was a little more then I was expecting for an 8pm show. I wonder if the guy that fell down the hole is going to lead to anything.

EricNoah

Adventurer
Third episode was pretty good - the bad guy's schtick was appropriately comic-booky. I don't get the relationship between Gordon and his partner, though - there was some attempt at humorous banter, but they clearly hate each other - awkward...

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Saw the first episode on Monday. I quite enjoyed it. The look of the thing is gorgeous. I still have my doubts about where it can go, but it's definitely good enough to give a decent chance to.

Remove ads