Another reason to look forward to August

Serendipity

Explorer
"Over here"? It's an internet - it's everywhere!

Anyway, from who? Who but the BBC is in a position to say anything about the scheduling? The only Who spokesperson is Moffat, and he's been consitent in what he's saying. On the internet, which you have over there. :)

*laughs* How the hell should I know? It was Christmas week.
Given that I don't keep up with Who news from any source that isn't concerned with the production with regard to scheduling, the normal rationale is that if I remember it, it's probably right. In any case, I now know it's August - who cares?

Last edited:

Herschel

Adventurer
Not really a surprise if you look at the BCC America schedule. They're usually rolling one main series followed by another and they're airing The Musketeers starting June 22nd, following Orphan Black.

Plenty of people have played multiple roles in Who - like Martha, and Colin Baker, both of whom had guest roles before playing a different character full-time later.

Martha's early appearance was done as her own cousin which was explained with a comment in a later episode. If you read the article that i linked..you'd see that they have an explanation regarding Peter's appearances in both DW and Torchwood. Which is what I'm interested in hearing.

Last edited:

sabrinathecat

Explorer
How many roles has David Tennant played in Who before getting the 10th Doctor?
(OK, it was at Big Finish)
Gantoris (Dalek Empire 2)
Luthor Arcwright (or something like that--main character in a series named for the main character)
Feltfebel Kurtz (Colditz)
Daft Jamie (Medicinal ____)
many many more.

I think Colin Baker is the only actor to have been disappointed by appearing in a Doctor Who episode ("Well, that's that. I'll never get to be The Doctor now." heh)
The amount of cross polination between BFP and BBC Wales for Doctor Who is pretty impressive.

Herschel

Adventurer
Tennant also had a part in Screm of Shalkla with Richard E. Grant as the Doctor, who came back as Dr. Simeon in the latest series. .

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Martha's early appearance was done as her own cousin which was explained with a comment in a later episode. If you read the article that i linked..you'd see that they have an explanation regarding Peter's appearances in both DW and Torchwood. Which is what I'm interested in hearing.

You've edited your post, so this reply won't make much sense to other people. But in response to the claim you edited out, what about Colin Baker's previous appearance in the show? What was the explanation for that? Or Karen Gillan's in exactly the same episode as Capaldi?

You've edited your post, so this reply won't make much sense to other people. But in response to the claim you edited out, what about Colin Baker's previous appearance in the show? What was the explanation for that? Or Karen Gillan's in exactly the same episode as Capaldi?

My edit was simply to reword and confirm that it was her cousin, as to the others I don't think they ever offered or even attempted to say there was an explanation, but in this case there appears to be one that RTD has and Moffat plans to use. And that's what I'm wondering about or in other words here is the quote from the article :

[COLOR=#F5F1F3 said:
Moffat[/COLOR]]I remember Russell [T Davies] told me that he had a big old plan as to why there were two Peter Capaldis in the Who universe: one in Pompeii and one in Torchwood. When I cast Peter and Russell got in touch to say how pleased he was, I said, ‘Okay, what was your theory and does it still work?’ and he said, ‘Yes it does. Here it is…’
We’ll play that one out over time. It’s actually quite neat.

more from Moffat along with link http://www.giantfreakinrobot.com/sc...or-wont-ignore-peter-capaldis-roles-show.html
:
The face is not set from birth. It’s not like he was always going to be one day Peter Capaldi. We know that’s the case because in “The War Games” [the final serial featuring Patrick Troughton’s Second Doctor] he has a choice of faces. So we know it’s not set, so where does he get those faces from? They can’t just be randomly generated because they’ve got lines. They’ve aged. When he turns into Peter he’ll actually have lines on his face. So where did that face come from?

So in some cases they explain and others they simply ignore but in this case they have an apparently neat explanation but if you had read the links, you might have came to that conclusion of what i was saying.

Remove ads