Ashes, all OOC

dream66_

First Post
I had assumed they were all classless, or npc class or however 5e handles people that aren't heroes.

But yeah if you'd prefer them to have classes that sounds good to have difference skills.

mips42

Adventurer
I had assumed they were all classless, or npc class or however 5e handles people that aren't heroes.

But yeah if you'd prefer them to have classes that sounds good to have difference skills.
Hmm... If pushed, I'd probably go with something akin to Level 2 commoner/Expert. So they're better than the average Joe but not as good as an Adventurer. I'll think about it for later.

mips42

Adventurer
I looked over the characters again (I'm moving them on my end so I have a off-line reference) I noticed a couple of items that I would prefer to have included here even though they aren't really critical (mostly for the sake of completeness). So, if you could kindly update your previous posts, I'd appreciate it.

Heron -if you could please add Ht, wt, & Description, also you get cure wounds as a Cleric of Light domain spell, pick a replacement and add your Domain spells

Liam - If you could please add Ht, Wgt, description as well as you Personality trait, Ideal, Bond, Flaw and alignment I'd appreciate it.

Last edited:

Kaodi

Hero
5'9" , 160 lbs., 22 yrs, medium brown hair, dark blue eyes, high cheekbones and pointy-ish chin, lawful neutral, horribly awkward in social situations, ideal is self-improvement (he certainly needs it), bond is to answering a certain question, flaw is overlooking obvious solutions in favour of complicated ones, wears dirty yellow robes

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Heron -if you could please add Ht, wt, & Description, also you get cure wounds as a Cleric of Light domain spell, pick a replacement and add your Domain spells

Done -- thanks for the catch on the spells (that's a lot of spells!)

mips42

Adventurer
Thanks for the update.
Yeah, its not terrible. You should have 3 cantrips and 6 'prepared' level one spells (two domain and 4 others). Only two level one slots per day, though. (I was incorrect on the domain spells not counting, sorry for the confusion).

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Thanks for the update.
Yeah, its not terrible. You should have 3 cantrips and 6 'prepared' level one spells (two domain and 4 others). Only two level one slots per day, though. (I was incorrect on the domain spells not counting, sorry for the confusion).

no no -- I get that. Still, a total of nine spells available at first level? That's a ton.

mips42

Adventurer
no no -- I get that. Still, a total of nine spells available at first level? That's a ton.
It is quite a selection. After playing my second session as a cleric, though I was kinda wishing I had a healing cantrip or something that I could use once a day, even. I have to say, though, that Guided Bolt is awesome as is the Channel Divinity:preserve Life. I was able to raise 2 fallen party members with that AND (for flavor) save the lives of FOUR commoners. That felt great.
On the other side, I've yet to hit ANYTHING with Sacred Flame. Ah well. The dice giveth and the dice taketh away. :D

mips42

Adventurer
Completely optional

If anyone is interested, I've started putting together a campaign wiki over on Obsidian Portal.

Also, once we get to that point, how do you want to handle XP; As earned, at significant points, just tell you when you've gained a level or other?

Neikron

Explorer
On the odd chance that there is still an opportunity to get involved with this game, I thought I would post. My apologies if you're already in the swing of things.

Remove ads