Ashes, all [closed]

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
[sblock=ooc]
Heron: The townspeople begin filtering out of the Hen relatively soon after the impromptu meeting and seem reluctant to volunteer for what seems to be a dangerous mission, at least with you.
Alton smiles pleasantly at you and says, 'maybe the back room might be better for your "mission" next time? There's a bit more privacy there.'
OOC: I'm not sure where advantage would come from in this situation, unless it's a class feature I missed, so I'll take the lower roll but that's still enough... /ooc
With a little patience and persistence, you are able to find someone to share your bed. This makes it a bit of a late night.

Yeah, that was my bad, I took advantage rather than applying the proficiency bonus (+2; which, if it matters, would have been 19 o the first roll). My mistake entirely -- sorry. Serves me right for trying to do a quick post before bed.

For what it's wotth, I was just trying to get an extra commission or two written out in the names of the "volunteers" and then was going to let them on their way before we came to any harm; it seemed something that might come in use later!

Ultimately, it was all meant as character development and nothing important.
[/sblock]

'So soon? It feels like you just left. Well, here are your writs, as promised, as well as your stipend advance. I would be remiss if I did not tell you that I've likely put my appointment as Townmaster in your hands. I pray you will treat it kindly.
'In that vein, I would ask a favor. Along the eastern road are several farms that are beyond what could be scouted yesterday, including the Wisthaven, Yesley and Ubler farms. I would ask that you check on them, let them know what is happening and that they are welcome to stay in town should they wish to.'

Heron accepts the payment and the commission, and when he heres the request, he says, "Sure thing."

He expects they are going to be riding in a cart, but if there are horses or spare crossbows lying around he'll take one and ask if he can have it.

If they are all riding in the cart, he'll offer to say a brief prayer for the driver, to ensure a safe and secure journey (Guidance).

PierceSG

First Post
OOC:
I'll assume Ashurn got up early and waited for the rest and went with them to the Townmaster.
Also, just some information on Ashurn's way of handling himself.
He have the backpack on his back but the knots are tied in such a way that a slight tug will unravel them and drop the backpack off his back. Not good fighting with a backpack on his back. :p
He will have a Warhammer hooked on his belt on the left side of his waist and two hand axes hooked to his right.
There is also a scabbard on his bard for his greatsword but he will have his greatsword held in his left hand and laid on his left shoulder most of the time.

Neikron

Explorer
Penton looks at the others for a moment, yawns from the lack of sleep, and then looks Evendur in the eye. "It looks like you did not get much sleep, Evendur. Though, I can imagine it wasn't a very restful night for any of us. I've no problem letting others know about current goings-on, but aren't these farms much further out of our way? I don't mean to sound insensitive, but would that detour truly be the best of our time? Are there no others that could be sent in our stead while we make way with the urgent supplies?" Penton paces briefly. "I'm sorry to sound cold. I just know that there are many more waiting... But, if you truly think it is the best option, I will of course help." Penton gives a small sigh, and sits down, having got everything off his chest.

mips42

Adventurer
Evendur looks a Penton. 'Perhaps not, but, as you are passing that way anyway, perhaps so. I'll leave it to your discretion. My guidance must end at the town gates.'
With a somewhat wistful smile, Townmaster Evendure waves at you as you climb into and onto the horsecart and begin your journey.
A few of the early risers look out at you as you pass by. You get the distinct impression that at least a few of them are thinking that they are sad that it's you, and not them, who are going out into the world. Others, clearly are happy to stay behind the rough palisade walls.

OOC: And we're on the road. I suppose this is the time to ask about marching/riding order and such things.

mips42

Adventurer
Bree looks out at the gates as they pass by, 'It's an odd feeling. Heron's Hollow has been as much a family as a home. But Crown Point needs our help and I will help if I can.
'We've got a good several hours before we get to the first farm. Perhaps we should get more familiar with each other.
I am Bree Windrivver, Hand and now Deputy of the Duchy. I was born north of here, I've held a blade for as long as I can remember and joined the ranks of the Duchy as soon as I could. I'd fought goblins and other such ilk in the north before before I was transferred to Herons' Hollow and I do not relish the idea of fighting them again. They are cunning, deceitful, sneaky little monsters and I, for one, hope the journey to Crown Point is uneventful.'

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
OOC: And we're on the road. I suppose this is the time to ask about marching/riding order and such things.

Are there separate horses for us to ride? Or are we all in a cart? Or split between two carts?

If pious words will get Heron a seat up front with the wagon driver, he'll say them. Whatever is likely to be most comfortable.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Following Bree's introduction, Heron turns to Lester, and asks him directly: "Lester, we were about to speak yesterday afternoon. It seems so long ago now. Tell us about yourself."

Neikron

Explorer
"I, of course, am Penton. It would be hard not to notice me. Yeah, I know you're all thinking it as you, quite literally, look down upon me." Penton tears through his bag, grabs a flask, and takes a few sips. "I, as it looks like some of you, have experienced real combat. I agree with Bree, however. Best not to fight when we may play it smart. Chances are, with things the way they are, that we will not have that luxury, though. But we ought hope for such luck."

OOC: If there are separated horses, I'd like to do the occasional scouting up ahead. If not, I'd like to get a good viewing position of the road.

Remove ads