Ashes, all [closed]

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Heron hops out of the cart, grateful for the opportunity to stretch his legs.

"I'm happy to come as well," he says as he checks subconsciously that his sword is by his side. "I said I would. Anyone else coming?" As they approach, Heron is on his guard.

He heads towards the barn and the figures, along with anyone else coming with him.

PierceSG

First Post
Ashurn leaped off the cart, leaving his backpack in it, and shoulders his greatsword as he walks beside Heron. "Need my sword arm? Please just do not expect me to lend you my brains.", said Ashurn with a grin on his face.

mips42

Adventurer
After moving the cart off the road, you walk down the dirt path towards the house and barn. The lowing of cattle and sheep can be heard and can see the figures moving about.
About halfway there, they clearly notice you and you can see the larger of the three put their hands to the their hips and start moving your way.
It's only a moment or two later you can make out the lined, weathered face of Breland Wisthaven. He shouts your way 'What you city folk doin' out here? Ye'll git yer fine britches dirty.'

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
"Greetings," begins Heron as he sees the man approach. "We have come from Heron's Hollow, and we bring the greetings of town master Evendur. He asked us to check on you, and let you know of an attack on Crown Point. He asked us to let you low of it, and to say that you could seek haven in Heron's Hollow if you wished."

He looks around at the other figures, to see if there is any sense of nervousness or surprise.

"We're the relief mission. If you had any blankets or other things to spare to help the needy, we'll also be happy to take them for you."

mips42

Adventurer
Breland looks at you, smiling for a moment, then his face drops 'you're not kidding... Li, Dalen!' A moment later a tiny woman, not a lot larger than Penton, runs out of the house and one of the younger men, most likely one of his sons runs from the barn. The woman appears to be from the Shou region and human. Her black hair is drawn up into a tight bun at the top of her head and her olive skin shines with perspiration. 'Go to the attic and bring the red trunk down. Go!' with that, the two quickly head into the house.
'Ronal!'
The other man, also apparently a son, runs up to Breland 'yea, dad?'
'Go to the root cellar and bring up a bag of potatos.'
'Taters?'
'YES. NOW.' With those directions, the other son heads towards the back of the house.
'Now then, tell what all ya know.'

dream66_

First Post
OOC: Thank you for covering for me. lots of things you did were exactly how I would have played her.

"Well, what we don't know could fill up the afternoon, time we hardly have, and what little we do know, could hardly fill teatime. 1 possibly 2 days past, Crown Point was attacked by unknown parties. Size of the force also unknown but enough to overrun the town guard. Orcish band, Goblin horde, or advance force for Pienn we just don't know. But we know there are injured, and that the town is most likely occupied. So, we do what we can. And we appreciate anything you and your family do."

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
"There are two other farms we were asked to check on," says Heron as he wanders towards the barn.

"Do you know them? Have you spoken to them recently?" he asks, trying to look inside the barn as he does so.

mips42

Adventurer
He looks at you, slack-jawed. 'I'd ne'er thought I see days where we might face the kinda things heard in the stories grampa used to tell. They's always just stories. Like a tall tale about bein swallowed by a fish or somethin.
'Sure I know the Ublers and the others, good folk. we don't see them much, cause theres so much space out here.'

Just then the both young men return, one carrying a large bag and the other a large, brownish red chest. The small woman is close behind carrying a large basket.
'Where you want this stuff?'
'Put it in the wagon, Ronal.'
'Alright, dad.'
'There ye go. It aint much but it's what we can spare. I'll talk to the family about the Townmasters' offer.
'Thanks for coming and lettin us know.'

Remove ads