Ashes, all [closed]

PierceSG

First Post
"Greetings, I'm Greyrat. Ashurn Greyrat. Just a...(fugitive?)...an adventurer. Just travelling from place to place, learning about things I would never have know if I've stayed in my village.", as Ashurn introduced himself with a slight bow.

OOC: Since there's a cart for us, Ashurn would be leaving his backpack in the cart instead of keeping it on his back. As for marching order, if possible, Ashurn would like to be near the front if not as the first. But I would prefer Bree to be giving orders since Ashurn is born a commoner and have not went through any military training, so he wouldn't be good to lead.

Kaodi

Hero
"Ummm," begins Lester, turning a bit pale, "There's not much to tell, really. I suppose you could call me a wizard, but I don't really have much talent for it. Mostly I just study things."

OOC: Lester will probably stay near the middle of the pack, or in terms of the cart near the front but behind Heron/the driver.

mips42

Adventurer
OOC: You have a cart with a drivers' bench and a larger 'cargo' area behind, a bit like the included photo, being drawn by a pair of draft horses. It's a rough ride but it's what was readily available.
[sblock] Cart.jpg[/sblock] Currently, Bree is driving as she seems to know where you're going but, as for who else is riding up front, that's up to you. ;)

mips42

Adventurer
Bree draws the wagon to the side of the rough dirt road and turns to Penton 'I'm glad that there is one more with some experience but it sounds like you've got a gripe. If there is a problem, lets get it out, now.'

Neikron

Explorer
"If it would be no problem to the rest of you, I would like to take a seat up front, in order to scout the land for anything that may seem the slightest bit off." Penton looks to be lost in serious thought for a moment. "What kind of name is Greyrat, anyway?!" he blurts out to Ashurn, as if he cannot hold anything back.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Heron does not understand Bree's pulling the wagon to the side of the road, but he's more confused by Penton.

"Your eyes better than the rest of ours, Mr Stubblechin?" the cleric asks, seriously. "That's pretty unusual for someone of your size. I'm a pretty good scout as well."

He turns to Bree: "Can we please proceed now?"

Neikron

Explorer
Penton seems surprised to hear Heron speak. "So we're onto the short jokes already, are we? Sitting down, we're all the same height. Do you intend to stand the entire way?!" he says, bluntly. He waits for a moment, and then continues in a much calmer tone, "Mine are no better, no worse, likely. I do, however, know what to look for...Though, this is not a contest, and I merely wanted to offer some assistance. I see I will be of no help here..." Penton looks at the rest of the party, takes a deep breath, smiles and says, "Let us be off then. I've no complaints, my friends" Penton stands up, and proceeds to take a seat at the back of the wagon. He stares off into the distance, at Heron's Hollow. He watches it disappear in the horizon, letting out a quiet sigh. Under his breath, he mumbles quietly, "This may be a long journey afterall..."

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
OOC:

"Mine are no better, no worse, likely. I do, however, know what to look for...Though, this is not a contest, and I merely wanted to offer some assistance. I see I will be of no help here..."

Wis+3, proficiency in Perception, dark vision; sleeps less. I'm trying to be practical.

IC:

Heron doesn't respond to the angry halfling, except to say "I meant no offence, I am sure your help will be valuable." He leaves the seat next to Bree open, and props himself up at the back of the cart, pulling his hood over his head to offer some shade, and he stares wistfully out back..

Neikron

Explorer
OOC:
Wis+3, proficiency in Perception, dark vision; sleeps less. I'm trying to be practical.

OOC: I overestimate my capabilities, sometimes. I understand your actual value, but Penton himself is unsure, as he is not incredibly familiar with many extremely capable people. Sometimes halflings feel the need to overcompensate. :)

mips42

Adventurer
With a shake of her head, Bree gets the horses moving again.

The road is not rough but neither is it particularly even. The ride in the cart is rough but tolerable.
After a few hours you arrive at a wye, the left-hand fork leading off about 100 yards or so to a large farmhouse. You can see a even larger barn, several livestock pens and fields filled with crops.
Near the barn, you can see 3 humanoid shapes moving around but, at this distance, it's difficult to see more.
Bree nods at the house 'The Wisthaven farm. If you all wish to stay, I can go give the news to them'

Last edited:

Remove ads