[OOC] Pathfinder: Iron Gods

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Okay, I will stick with Pistolero. I am still considering which gender and that is a rather important decision for the fluff part. I have a good avatar for a female, but I have not decided if I want to stick with female. As soon as I decide that, my sheet will be completed within minutes.

Graybeard

Explorer
I might be interested in this. I will look over the player info on Paizo over the next couple of days to get a feel for the campaign.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
HaileyNavarreNarrow_zps90a02f97.jpg

I made progress today. I have a sheet done: Hailey Navarre, Female Human Pistolero

I still have to work on the fluff of her Personality, Description, and Background.

Rabbage

First Post
Seems really interesting, Downloaded the IGPG and will have a Samurai Sheet ready by tomorrow! Samurai Jack!

Sidenote! Is the samurai from UC allowed or could I use that as my one exception?

--Rabbage

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
After some conference, Zeta! Being an android was my one 'thing.' Sorry Canadienne...I'd worked it out with Tailspinner before you came along. We'd discussed it being a secret, but I decided it would be too hard to hide to make it worth trying to keep. :)

As it is, I may yet replace the Firebug trait with one that gives me Disguise (if I can find one) or invest in a Hat of Disguise...since Zeta is an 'enemy of the state' as it were. Then again, does anyone really notice androids enough to tell one from the other? :) But even with Disguise as a class skill, she wouldn't have the Charisma chops necessary to pull off a good human disguise without magic or a lot of help.

Name: Zeta
Race: Android
Class/Level: Siege Gunner Gunslinger 1
Exp: 0

Desc: Badass Android Revolutionary

Background - Zeta is an escapee from the Technic League, which essentially enslaves any androids it comes into possession of. Since escaping, Zeta has lived in disguise and on the run, all the while analyzing the League's power structures and institutions for weak points where they can be disrupted. The League regards Zeta as a terrorist and a criminal; other androids who don't accept the League's version of things may regard Zeta as an inspiration or hero. But of course, most of the free peoples are blissfully unaware of the conflict brewing under their feet.

Zeta's current plan is to break the Technic League's monopoly on advanced technology, believing that if such power is available to the people, popular outrage against the League will result in uprising with little additional encouragement needed. That mastering such technology will give her the capacity to better understand her own nature and origins is an additional, personal goal.

[sblock=Stats]Strength (STR) 10
Dexterity (DEX) 18 (10)
Constitution (CON) 14 (5)
Intelligence (INT) 18 (10)
Wisdom (WIS) 14 (5)
Charisma (CHA) 10 (2)

Alignment: Neutral Good
AC: 16 (10 + 4 Dex + 2 armor)
Hit Points: 12
Movement: 30'/60'/120'

Init: +4
Base Attack Bonus: +1
Melee Attack: +1
Ranged Attack: +5
Fort: +4
Reflex: +6
Will: +2

Race Abilities
Humanoid and Construct type
+2 Int, +2 Dex, -2 Cha
+2 Perception, -4 Sense Motive
+4 to save vs mind-affecting effects, paralysis, poison, and stun effects
Immune to fatigue, exhaustion, disease and sleep effects
Nanite surge: 1/day as immediate action add 3+lvl to any d20 roll
Favored Class: Gunslinger
- +1 skill point

Class Abilities:
Proficiencies: All simple, martial and firearm weapons. Light armor.
Gunsmith: Begin with a starter firearm and the Gunsmith feat.
Grit: Intmod grit points per day. Can be regained during day with critical hits and reducing foes to 0HP.
Deeds

Skills: 10 (4 class + 4 int + 1 favored class)
Acrobatics (Dex) +8
Craft: Alchemy (Int) +8
Craft: Mechanical (Int) +8
Craft: Traps (Int) +8
Disable Device (Dex) +5
Knowledge (engineering) (Int) +8
Knowledge (local) (Int) +8
Perception (Wis) +8
Linguistics (Int) +8

Traits
Against the Technic League (+2 dmg against targets associated with the League)
Firebug (+1 atk with thrown splash weapons and bombs)

Feats
b Gunsmith
1 Technologist

Languages - Common, Hallit, Androffan, Orc, Dwarf, Gnome, Draconic

Grit (4/day)
Deeds
- 1g - Targeted Blast: Single target within AE takes +1 dmg/lvl, one more target per 5 lvls.
- 1g - Gunslinger's Dodge: move 5' or drop prone as reaction to rng atk; gain +2 AC vs triggering atk or +4 if prone
- 1 min grit - Std action to remove broken condition due to misfire from firearm. Spend 1 grit to do it as move act

Money - 14gp

Weapons -
Battered Pistol, +5 to hit, 1d8 dmg, 20' rng (misfire on 1; std reload), 4lbs
Throwing Axe, +1 to hit (+5 thrown), 1d6 dmg, 10' rng, 8gp, 2lbs

Armour -
Leather Armor, +2 AC, maxDex +6, ACP 0, 10gp, 15lbs
Traveller's clothes

Gear -
Gunsmith Kit, 15gp, 2lbs
Black Powder (20), 200gp
Powder Horn, 3gp, 1lb
Bullets (20), 20gp
Alchemist's Fire (1), 20gp, 1lb
Acid (1), 10gp, 1lb[/sblock]

Rabbage

First Post
Peryllalee Theareen

I present to you, Peryllalee Theareen! A halfling samurai working to better the town of Torch and it's surrounding areas. Pery is a member of the Order of the Blue Rose, and works to protect all intelligent creatures solving any disputes peacefully if possible. Her tried and true methods will clash with the new technology she hasn't dealt with before and hopefully heroics will ensue!

[sblock=Peryllalee Theareen]
INFORMATION
Name: Peryllalee Theareen
Player: Rabbage
Race: Halfling
Class: Samurai(Cavalier){UC}
Level: 1
Alignment: Neutral Good
Languages: Common, Halfling, Hallit
Deity: None
Size: Small
Height: 2'10"
Weight: 34 lbs
Hair Color: Chestnut Blonde
Eye Color: Blue
Skin Color: Tan

ABILITIES
Str: 16 +3 (17 points, -2 racial)
Dex: 15 +2 (3 points, +2 racial)
Con: 14 +2 (5 points)
Int: 13 +1 (3 points)
Wis: 12 +1 (2 points)
Cha: 14 +2 (2 points, +2 racial)

COMBAT
HP: 12 [d10, +2 Con]
AC: 19 [10 base, +2 Dex, +5 armor, +1 Dodge, +1 size]
AC Touch: 14 [10 base, +2 Dex, +1 size, +1 dodge]
Flatfooted: 16 [10 base, +5 armor, +1 size]
Init: +2 [+2Dex]
CMB: +3 [1 BAB, +3 Str, -1 Size]
CMD: 14 [10 base, +1 BAB, +3 Str, +2 Dex, -1 Size]
Fortitude: +4 [2 base, +2 Con]
Reflex: +2 [0 base, +2 Dex]
Will: +10 base, +1 Wis]
Speed: 15'

WEAPON
Katana{UC}: Attack: +5 [1 BAB, +3 Str, +1 Size], Damage: 1d6+3, Crit: 18-20, Type: S
Wakizashi{UC}: Attack +5 [1 BAB, +3 Str, +1 Size], Damage: 1d4+3 Crit: 18-20, Type S or P
Longbow: Attack: +4 [1 BAB, +2 Dex,+1 Size], Damage: 1d6, Crit: x3, Type: P, Range: 100', Ammo 60

ARMOR
Kikko: AC: +5, MDB +4, ACP: -3

RACIAL
Abilities: +2 Dex, +2 Cha, -2 Str
Size: Small
Base Speed: 20'
Favored: Samurai (SP)
Underfoot: +2 Handle Animal and Ride{APG}
Outrider: +1 Dodge bonus to AC when fighting larger enemies than itself, +1 Ref vs Trample{APG}
Fearless: +2 saving throw versus Fear
Keen Senses: +2 Perception

CLASS: Samurai
Armor/Weapons: All armor and shields except tower / all simple and martial, Katana and wakizashi

FEATS
Dodge: +1 Dodge bonus to AC

TRAITS
Trait: Skymetal Smith {IGPG}
Trait: Well Informed {APG}

SKILLS 6 [4 base, +1 Int, +1 FC]
Diplomacy 6[+2 AB, +1 Rank, +3 CS]
Handle Animal 8[+2 AB, +1 Rank, +3 CS, +2 Racial]
Knowledge(History) 5[+1 AB, +1 Rank, +3 CS]
Knowledge(Local) 6[+1 AB, +1 Rank, + 3 CS, +1 Trait]
Ride 5(8)[2 AB, 1 Rank, 3 CS, 2 Racial]*-3 On non class mount
Sense Motive 5[1 AB, 1 Rank, 3 CS]

CARRYING CAPACITY
Light: 57#
Medium: 114.75#
Heavy: 172.5#

EQUIPMENT
Katana (50gp, 3#, worn)
Wakizashi (35gp, 1#, worn)
Longbow (75gp, 1.5#, shoulder)
60 Arrows (3gp, 4.5#, shoulder)
Kikko Armor (30gp, 35#, Worn)
Silken Ceremonial Armor (30gp, 2#, Worn)
Backpack (2gp, .5#, back)
Bedroll (.1gp, 1.25#, Backpack)
Trail Rations (5) (2.5gp, 1.25, Backpack)
Tindertwig (5) (5gp, --#, Backpack)
Torch (2) (.02gp, 2#, Backpack)
Belt Pouch (2) (2gp, .25#, Worn)

Leather Barding (20gp, --#, Humphrey)
Saddlebag (4gp, --#, Humphrey)
Rope, Hemp (50') (1gp, --#, Humphrey)
Manacles (15gp, --#, Humphrey)
Lantern Hooded (7gp, --#, Humphrey)
Oil, Pint (10) (1 Gp, --#, Humphrey)
Banner, w/ Lantern Hook (10gp, --#, Humphrey)

Total (7g3s8c)

FINANCES: 2gp

Appearance: Pery is the normal height for a halfling, her chestnut blonde hair is matty and either in braids or dreadlocks. Despite the appearance of her hair, she is actually very well kept. She keeps her nails trimmed and washed, her face always has a healthy happy glow and color of tan. Her blue eyes never fail to pull in random passerbys or help her to de-escalate any arguments around Torch. Her banner flies above her pet wolf Humphrey, marking her as a member of the Order of the Blue Rose. When her ceremonial garments aren't being worn her armor still has a slight blue laquer too it, and she keeps plenty of bright blue sashes and hairbands on her. She always stands out in the crowd.

Background: Peryllalee's first memories are not that of a traditional halfling caravan upbrinding, but of escaping a burning fire in the arms of a human woman. Her family was slain by monsters, some say not of this world, that no one has seen or heard of since. She was an orphan until a large human man by the name of James Henderson, a member of the Blue Roses, found her and brought her back to their headquarters. She trained hard to prove she deserved to be a member of the order. Eventually she became the head of her class and she learned special instructions about an advanced code of honor among the order.

After years of study and countless small underling missions, Pery has been given her first break. She was sent to act as a diplomat and guardian of a small village known as torch. To keep the peace and put down any threats that may come to the area. After arriving in town she sets forth making friends with the locals and finding people she can trust with the growing tension in the area.

[/sblock]

Kaodi

Hero
Olrich would be thrilled (on the inside) to be allied with Zeta. A find beyond his wildest dreams. Were he not the diplomatic type kidnapping might even be in the card, but he is, so willing co-operation would be his preferred method, :D . Having a collaborator of such ability on all technological things too would be amazing for him, though there could be a delightful tension in between what their discoveries are too be used for: Olrich would prefer to keep as much as is feasible in the hands of his family rather than spreading it around too liberally. Though the great distances involved between Numeria and much of the civilized world would mean he could take some risks in that regard. Could be great frenemies, ;) .

perrinmiller

Adventurer
** Completed Application **

Hailey Navarre, Female Human Pistolero

Description:
Hailey is short and petite, with an athletic frame and a strength that is unexpected for one her size. Long brown hair is slightly unruly and could use a good brushing. But most of the time she hardly bothers since she wears a hat. Her skin is freckled and she is rather plain looking. Her blue eyes can be warm or ice cold depending on her mood, and her emotions are not often revealed on her face. Generally, her expression shows indifference all of the time, until she bursts forth in anger and then everyone can easily read her expression. Often the only time she is smiling is when she is firing her pistol.

She wears black leather pants and thigh length boots, visible beneath her long black woolen coat. Her chain shirt is dull steel and mostly covered by it. Atop her head is a brown, brimmed hat with the left side turned up. The rest of the brim hangs down, often shielding her right eye from view.

[sblock=Personality]Hailey is a secretive woman, not easily trusting of just anyone. She can be polite and friendly if necessary, but is generally serious and observant instead. She is not afraid to use her gender to get her way is it will provide an advantage, and she is not afraid to use some deceit or threats of intimidation to do it either. She can be extremely vengeful when scorned and is not afraid of violence to accomplish her goals.

She normally she keeps to herself and is used to being alone amongst people. She has a prideful streak, but has slowly become aware of this trait and thus spending more time listening instead of talking to avoid pissing people off.

She doesn't always agree with the society around her, preferring to make her own judgments according to her conscience instead. She dislikes being intimidated and having people dictate what she and others should do, but often is not compelled strongly enough to interfere in the affairs of others until really provoked.[/sblock]
HaileyNavarreNarrow_zps90a02f97.jpg
[sblock=Background]The River Kingdoms and Numeria were dangerous lands, as Hailey Navarre had known for years since neither of her parents lived to reach old age. She was born out of wedlock to human gypsy woman named Anastasia, a healer of Desna, that was hired as a healer for a merchant caravan. Her mother never revealed who her birth father was and a few years after she was born, she was adopted by the half-elven ranger Alanore when he married her mother. Her parents hired on to travel the caravan routes, owning their own wagon to live in, as they both served in the caravan. Her childhood was happy enough and she was well loved.

Unfortunately whatever plans of living happily ever after her parents had, they were cut short when Hailey was 10 years old. Her mother Anastasia was tragically killed when a fight broke out amongst the members of the caravan. The caravan master had been pressuring the family to betroth Hailey and his oafish son. The altercation escalated, insults were made and a brawl ensued. The oafish son had bashed in the side of Anastasia's skull with a mace. In a fair duel afterward, her father Alanore ran the killer through with his sword.

Following the death of her mother, Hailey and her father took their leave of that caravan and joined another. For years they worked the routes from the River Kingdoms to Numeria. Without a mother, Hailey had become more of a tomboy and had taken an interest in firearms after purchasing a broken down pistol at a market in Hajoth Hakados when she was a teenager. While she channeled her energy into learning to fix it and fire it, her father had taken to drinking instead.

She was also hearing tales of the savage land of Numeria and the tainted mages that ruled over the people as they devoted their time to artifacts that no one understood. She thought the idea of constructed mechanical men ludicrous but mistrusted the danger such manufactured armies could do while under the commands of lunatics. She only hoped her hours of practice with a modern weapons would stop such things in their tracks.

By the time she was 19, Hailey's father had nearly drank himself broke. The family wagon was gone and Hailey was working with the caravan herself to help ensure they both were fed. Her father's pay all went to booze and some gambling in the taverns when he was drunk. Despite her taste for adventure, she stayed with Alanore to look out for him. She knew that his drinking was mainly over the grief of her long dead mother.

Her father was killed in an alley in Hajoth Hakados while the caravan was staying over for a week to resupply and trade. Unfortunately, Hailey had not been around at the time and his body was discovered the next morning. Upon inquiry, she learned that a man in black with a scar from his left eye, down his cheek to the corner of his mouth had done it. She did not have a name, but everyone called the man "Scar" behind his back. Last she had heard, the bastard had departed for Torch that morning. She quit her job with the caravan and intended to follow after.

Unfortunately, Hailey could not risk the journey alone and had needed time to find a caravan or something heading out. She arrived in Torch much later and lost the trail of "Scar" there. Low on funds she stayed around to take on odd jobs of bodyguard work and protection until she could find a better paying opportunity for her gun for hire. Eventually she figured the man who killed her father would be seen again in Torch and she would be waiting.

Recently Hailey had heard about Khonnir’s recovery of a deactivated robot found in the caves below Torch and she was concerned again about her worries of strange metal creatures trying to conquer the lands by the orders of lunatics. Where there was one, there could very well have been more. She started looking for other adventurous types that wanted to explore the caves under Torch to determine if there were more down there. If so she planned to see if her bullets would turn them to junk.[/sblock][sblock=Posting Frequency]On a normal basis, I can post once per day, seven days a week. Over the long haul, there are very few that can maintain my pace and quality over the whole year. I generally do not post IC more than once a day on principle, allowing others a chance to reply or react during their daily routine as well. I also let people know when I am not available from more than 36-48 hours.

I generally draft my posts at work on weekdays, shotgunning them all to the boards in my evening here in Asia. Weekends I am busier and have to draft during my evening and cannot always post every night.[/sblock]
TS, let me know if you need a full breakdown of the spending of her 300gp.

Other players, since we are supposed to start the adventure already knowing each other I sort of left Hailey's background looking around for other adventurers to go robot hunting in the caves below Torch. There is room in her background to work in ties to other characters from her short time in Torch or time spent in Hajoth Hakados. Or she could have met other characters working amongst the caravans.

Rabbage

First Post

Other players, since we are supposed to start the adventure already knowing each other I sort of left Hailey's background looking around for other adventurers to go robot hunting in the caves below Torch. There is room in her background to work in ties to other characters from her short time in Torch or time spent in Hajoth Hakados. Or she could have met other characters working amongst the caravans.

I love the concept of your character. I like to imagine that while Peryllalee was mentored by a member of her order while they were employed, sort of like a "jedi padawan". Our characters both could have met during a time together on one of these for a brief time. Bubbly "Girly" halfling samurai meets dark gritty human pistoleer sounds like a neat duo in the sci-fi fantasy world. Maybe you sent word to me about your father's killer or requested my help with these strange creatures.

Remove ads