[ooc] Heroes of Silleria discussion thread (all comments welcome!)

MerakSpielman

First Post
A few notes on my bookkeeping:

I have been tracking your equipment, including feed, rations, and ammunition. I have NOT been tracking money or xp. I urge you to keep careful note of these things so you can fairly buy what you can afford. Announce you level up when you get enough xp.

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Er...I don't have any money, so that's no problem :D O, I should have 5-6 SP left after digging in to my 'Rat-Hole'...XP? We are keeping track of our XP? Er...

Guilt Puppy

First Post
It probably won't make a huge difference at the moment, but it's come up, and may become important in the future...

How do you want to handle the gambling aspect? Not mechanically, or at least not micro-mechanically... I'll trust you to come up with something that's fair and reasonable there. I'm more concerned about the possibility of excess wealth: Granted, there's risks that come along with it, but it still has the potential for some balance problems, and I have no intention of raising those.

One option would just be to make sure there's always a commensurate risk (effectively turning it into encounters with treasure tables as normal), which I'd be okay with, but wouldn't want to talk people into (at least, without them recognizing the risk in the same way.) Or, if you wanted to be totally artificial about it, just deduct it from the treasure I'd otherwise be getting... You lose some versimilitude there, but I'd be fine with it otherwise.

Anyway, I'd normally try to sort this out via email, but since I'm pulling others in :) I figured it should be a point of discussion for all involved.

MerakSpielman

First Post
My biggest mistake in the RL campaign was giving away too much money. I'm going to correct that here. Rest assured, the party will need as much gold as they can get.

I wasn't planning on subtracting it from the treasure you would find in the future. I was planning on giving far too little treasure out, so that I could give more if it seemed you were too poor.

In other words, I figured that having a too-poor party was easier to fix than having a too-rich party.

And, failing that, having too much wealth at once can easily become a problem faster than it becomes a convenience. :)

Remove ads