CB's Grim Frequencies AP OOC -- COMPLETE

Rubberneck

First Post
Player Name: Rubberneck

Character Name: J.R. Lockwood (John Riley Lockwood)
Marital Status: Single
Height: 6'2
Weight: 180
Appearance: Well built, but not overly muscular. Brown eyes and hair kept short in a traditional military fashion. Due to his stint in prison it's probably a little longer than he likes, same with facial hair.

Background: J.R. Lockwood enlisted in the Army straight out of High School and excelled in training, immediately making him a candidate for the Army Rangers.After joining the Rangers he was a part of many DA (Direct Action) and Recon Missions. His last mission was a failure and resulted in heavy team losses. Shortly after he mustered out and returned to his home town, Pittsburgh Pennsylvania. A few weeks later, while he was drowning his sorrows in a bar, he was confronted by some of the locals and after the altercation, 3 were severely injured and J.R. was sent to prison. While inside he kept to himself, not starting any fights, but not afraid to defend himself either. He holds no ill regard towards the government or his country and only blames himself for where he ended up.

Str: 11 (3 Points) (0)
Dex: 18 (10 Points + 2 Human) (+4)
Con: 14 (6 Points) (+2)
Int: 12 (4 Points) (+1)
Wis: 10 (2 Points) (0)
Cha: 08 (0 Points) (-1)

Initiative:
Perception:
Defense: 17 (+4 Dex +3 Class Bonus)
HP: 10 (Base 8 +2 Con)

Fort: 2 (Base 0 +2 Con)
Ref: 5 (Base 1 +4 Dex)
Will: 0 (Base 0 +0 Wis

BAB: 0

Basic Class: Fast Hero
Starting Occupation: Military
-Bonus Skill: Climb
-Bonus Feat: Combat Martial Arts
-Wealth Bonus: +1
Reputation Points: 0
Action Points: 3

Feats:
Simple Weapons
Personal Firearms Proficiency
Combat Martial Arts
Point Blank Shot

Skills: 24
Balance (Dex): 2
Drive (Dex): 2
Escape Artist (Dex): 2
Stealth (Dex): 4
Sleight of Hand (Dex): 2
Tumble (Dex): 4
Jump (Str): 2
Climb (Str): 2
Intimidate (Cha): 1
Bluff (Cha): 1

Talent: Evasion

Rubberneck

First Post
Let me know what you guys think. I'm kind of iffy on the story, it almost seems cliche, but I can change it if anyone thinks it's a problem.

Shayuri

First Post
I like it though. It's simple and has good RP potential. No story is really unique; what makes it unique is the spin you put on it, and the character it produces.

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
It does remind me of the main character from Con Air slightly, but that's not a bad thing. ;)

I think we need to iron out the gender issue, though. This being a prison scenario, all the characters would likely need to be the same gender (or mis-gendered in the case of my character). Right now Shayuri's character is female and Rubberneck's is male.

Shayuri

First Post
I did bring this up with Canadienne, and she gave a reply. I think it's in the first page? Ah yes, I will quote it here for convenience's sake:

Your choice. PCs may be either male or female. I will wait to see what party composition looks like before committing to a co-ed prison. As you will not be housed in the prison very long, PC gender is not important.

So right now we shan't be worrying about the specifics; instead back-building the circumstance to suit the party structure.

Forged Fury

First Post
If there is room, I'd love to throw in for a morally bankrupt & (now) disbarred lawyer (Charismatic White Collar). I've never played D20 Modern, but this looks like it could be a lot of fun, reminds me a lot of the old Dark Conspiracy RPG I played once.

I have no idea what I'm doing with Modern, so let me peruse the SRD and get a feel for it.

Forged Fury

First Post
Cyril F. Kennedy, Esq

Player Name: Forged Fury

Character Name: Cyril F. Kennedy, Esq.
Marital Status: Divorced (Thrice)
Height: 5’10
Weight: 180
Appearance: Average height and weight, with light brown hair and blue eyes. Cyril is attractive, but his slick, omnipresent smile screams “Trouble!” from miles away.

Background: Cyril F. Kennedy never thought he’d end up in prison. Sure, he often toed the line between the unethical and outright illegal, but he was surprised when he was actually caught one of the few times he did cross that line. Apparently, witness tampering was heavily frowned upon, especially by the Federal Courts. If only he had never taken that case on behalf of notorious drug lord KrunkPain. But the money was too good, even if his motivation changed to “not getting shot in the head” if the drug lord ended up in prison. The things you do to stay alive…

Cyril built a small legal empire based on his theatrical approach to court proceedings and the legal profession. With a good eye for manipulating the media and a strong ability to spin a story and hit just the right notes with a jury, he had a successful career suing transport companies for semi crashes, having DWI charges dropped for affluent young adults, and helping hardened criminals evade prison time for crimes they absolutely had committed. His efforts earned him the enmity of the law, the legal profession, and the general public, but criminals loved him.

That actually paid off when he was sent to Federal Penitentiary. Cyril had initially been worried, figuring he would be someone’s sweet meat in no time. When he arrived in prison, he found that a number of his former clients had ultimately ended up there and they all felt they owed him for his efforts on their behalf on the outside. Protected by numerous factions within the prison, Cyril set himself up as something of a conflict resolution expert for the few times where his fellow prisoners decided violence wasn’t necessarily an option. In his spare time, he helped his fellow prisoners file numerous, in most cases specious, appeals.

STR 8 (0 Points)
DEX 13 (5 Points)
CON 10 (2 Points)
INT 14 (6 Points)
WIS 10 (2 Points)
CHA 18 (10 points, +2 Human)

Initiative: +5
Perception: +0
Defense: 11 (+1 DEX, + 0 Class)
HP: 6

FOR +1 (Base 1, +0 CON)
REF +2 (Base 1, +1 DEX)
WIL +0 (Base 0, +0 WIS)

BAB: +0

Basic Class: Charismatic 1
Starting Occupation: White Collar (Knowledge: Civics & Research)
Reputation Bonus: +2
Wealth Bonus: 2d4 + 3 (Occupation) + 1 (Profession)

Weapons
None

Skills: (36/36 Skill Points)
Bluff +8/+9 (4 Ranks, +4 CHA)/+1 Charm vs. Males
Diplomacy +10/+11 (4 Ranks, +4 CHA, +2 Trustworthy)/+1 Charm vs. Males
Disguise +8/+9 (4 Ranks, +4 CHA)/+1 Charm vs. Males
Gather Information +10/+11 (4 Ranks, +4 CHA, +2 Trustworthy)/+1 Charm vs. Males
Intimidate: +8/+9 (4 Ranks, +4 CHA)/+1 Charm vs. Males
Knowledge: Civics +7 (4 Ranks, +2 INT, +1 Occupation)
Knowledge: Popular Culture +6 (4 Ranks, +2 INT)
Knowledge: Streetwise +6 (4 Ranks, +2 INT)
Profession: Lawyer +4 (4 Ranks, +0 WIS)

Talents
Charm (Male): Gain a Competence Bonus to Charisma-based skills equal to Charismatic level to influence members of a chosen gender which only applies to NPCs with attitudes of indifferent or better.

Feats
Simple Weapons Proficiency: Use Simple Weapons with no penalty
Trustworthy: +2 to Diplomacy & Gather Information Checks
Improved Initiative: +4 to Initiative

Equipment
Dark blue prison coveralls, a comb, a ballpoint pen, three pieces of paper, two postage stamps, two envelopes, toothpaste, a toothbrush, deodorant, foot powder, a pair of flip flops, a pair of work boots, a blanket, a 2" mattress pad, and one roll of toilet paper.

Stuff Cyril Wants: Stun Gun, Business Clothing, Light Undercover Shirt, Pepper Spray, & a Cell Phone

Languages
English

Last edited:

gribble

Explorer
Ok, finally got round to finishing him off. A little stereotypical as well, but I present T-dawg:

Player Name: Craig (gribble)

Character Name: Thomas "T-dawg" Jeffries
Marital Status: Single
Height: 6'5"
Weight: (a lot - not sure on the metric / imperial conversion)

Appearance
A massive african american who towers over everyone else. Jailhouse weights have left him not only big, but ripped. He has a few rough gang-style tattoos, and a number of old scars from street and prison fights. Wears a taqiyah (muslim skullcap) and has torn the sleeves off his prison jumpsuit, as they didn't really fit his oversized arms.

Background
T-dawg grew up on the streets. Never knew his dad, and while his mum tried her best, she was never able to turn tricks fast enough to put food on the table and he and his siblings were largely left to fend for themselves. A life of fighting, petty theft, shoplifting and skipping out on school resulted. Always a big lad, he fell in with a gang of punks who took advantage of his size, strength and lack of brain cells for muscle. While he found that he enjoyed the thrill of a good fist fight, they normally ended as soon as his fist connected.

Everything changed a couple of years back when his gang were implicated in a drive-by shooting. Of course, T-dawg didn't pull the trigger (he preferred to settle things up close and personal), but the cops found his DNA in the car and he ended up in jail with a long sentence.

Separated from his gang mates, he found himself adrift. He originally tried to educate himself, but had no patience for books, even the ones with lots of pictures. Then me met Hakim, an ex-prisoner and gang-banger like himself, who showed him a path to a better life through Allah. So he lost himself in the gym and the Koran in equal measure. A few people tried to drag him back into jailhouse gangs, but his size and strength, combined with his faith in Allah, enabled him to remain unaffiliated. Seems he's put his head down and is just passing the time until he gets out.

Str 16 (10 points)
Dex 11 (3 points)
Con 18 (10 points, +2 human)
Int 8 (0 points)
Wis 8 (0 points)
Cha 10 (2 points)

Initiative: +0
Perception: -1
Defense: 11 (+0 Dex, +1 class bonus, +0 equipment bonus)
hp: 14

Fort +5 (Base +1, +4 Con)
Ref +0 (Base +0, +0 Dex)
Will -1 (Base +0, -1 Wis)

BAB: +0

Basic Class: Tough
Starting Occupation: Criminal - Gamble as class skill, +1 competence bonus to Knowledge (streetwise), Personal Firearms Proficiency bonus feat
Reputation Bonus: +0

Weapons
Fists: Atk +4, d6+3 non-lethal, 20/x2, Size: Small?

Skills (may allocate slightly differently if you allow Street Warrior adv. class)
Concentration +6 (3 ranks, +4 Con)
Intimidate +3 (3 ranks, +0 Cha)
Knowledge (streetwise) +2 (2 ranks, -1 Int, +1 occupation)

Talents
Unbreakable - Remain Conscious

Feats
Simple Weapons Proficiency
Personal Firearms Proficiency
Brawl
Power Attack

Class Features
none

Equipment
Dark blue prison coveralls, a comb, a ballpoint pen, three pieces of paper, two postage stamps, two envelopes, toothpaste, a toothbrush, deodorant, foot powder, a pair of flip flops, a pair of work boots, a blanket, a 2" mattress pad, and one roll of toilet paper. Can I assume he also has a copy of the Koran?

Stuff T-dawg wants: Nothing - he doesn't need anything except his Koran and fists. :)

Languages
English

I'd like to take some levels in the Street Warrior advanced class, if you'll allow it: http://www.enworld.org/forum/showwiki.php?title=d20-Modern:Street-Warrior

Last edited:

Rubberneck

First Post
An Army Ranger and someone embracing the Muslim faith. Just a heads up I know that not all Muslims are bad people but my Army Ranger might not. I'm going to do my best not to make J.R. a stereotype we'll see how that goes lol

Remove ads