best archer build

krunchyfrogg

Explorer
The War domain is best if you choose to play a Half Elf instead of a full blooded Elf (there's no min/max reason to do so, but the character might be more interesting).

krunchyfrogg

Explorer
Well, you're a Cleric. So it doesn't matter what you choose, 'cuz they're going to be dropped for Cures anyway. ;)

The build is built around Cat's Grace, Bull's Strength, and Divine Might being Extended, or Persistently cast on yourself. Anything else is up to you.

Numion

First Post
krunchyfrogg said:
Well, you're a Cleric. So it doesn't matter what you choose, 'cuz they're going to be dropped for Cures anyway. ;)

NO WAY!

You buy wands of CLW, and make the group pay for them. Cure yourself with your own spells in the rare case you need curing.

The build is built around Cat's Grace, Bull's Strength, and Divine Might being Extended, or Persistently cast on yourself. Anything else is up to you.

1: Divine Favor x 2
2: Bull's Strength, Endurance, Delay Poison
3: Protection from Elements x 3 (Cold, Fire, Electricity)
4: Greater Magic Weapon, Death Ward, Freedom of Movement, Airwalk
5: Quickened Divine Favor x 2, Ethereal Jaunt

Thats a part of my spell selection. Makes the character pretty robust, and makes me invulnerable to most traps (pits, elemental damage, death effects). I usually cast Divine Favor if I expect combat, but if we're surprised I'll use quickened Divine Favor. Then the schoosting begins!

If enemies are grouped together, I'll rather use Flame Strike from war domain slot. The spell list leaves some room to utility too, but I didn't write those spells on the list, since they're dependent on the adventure always.

I don't have extend spell since persistant spell isn't allowed in our game. Most of the buffing spells are at least 10 min / level, which is enough for dungeon adventures because our group needs to rest before those end anyway - and having a second cleric in our group doesn't hurt it either! ;)

Last edited:

Remove ads