Best Assassin Build

ArcOfCorinth

First Post
I enjoyed reading the best archer build. What do you think the best assassin build is? I've always been partial to a mixture of Rogue, Assassin and Shadowdancer.

As many assassin levels as you can, with a Mirror of Mental Prowess, mostly int, followed by dex.

Warp in to whomever you want to kill, 30 ft. away, observe and death attack. If you're paranoid, you can invest in Colossal Scorpion Poison (price listed in the BoVD) which deals initial/secondary damage of 4d6 str or another con draining poison. Or heck, you can use the Shot on the Run feat to step in then step out. Don't forget haste :)

Dash Dannigan

First Post
I personally never liked sacrificing what few feats my assassin had to qualify for the shadow dancer PrC, instead I went a different route. Ultimately (a 12th lvl char) for fun I'd go with:

Strongheart Halfling (FR)
Ftr2/Rgr1/Rog4/Assn5
Feats: Ambidexterity, Expertise, Improved Initiative, Iron Will, Off-Hand Parry, Quick Draw, Quicker than the Eye, Track, Two-Weapon Fighting, Weapon Finesse (dagger), Weapon Focus (dagger).

Get a good buckler magically enhanced and couple of magical daggers and this lil bro is set. Maybe not the best/maxed-out sort of character but one I'd like to try, having played an Assassin previously that went all rogue/assn. More feats are nice for an Assassin. If not into dual-wielding I at least recommend picking up 1 or 2 levels of fighter for those extra feats. This should produce a more durable, adventuring sort of Assassin, plus it's neat to be able to Track and take favored enemy (human, elf, dwarf, etc) with that level of ranger.

Last edited:

ArcOfCorinth

First Post
Ok, here's how she looks right now.

Japha
Female Rogue 7/Assassin 1/Shadowdancer 2

She sneaks for +5d6 and can hide in plain sight to really pull off the kill. She has darkvision and plenty of Uncanny Dodge effects. I don't have her character sheets available right now though.

Her stats were something like this: Str 12 Dex 20 Con 18 Int 18 Wis 12 Cha 18

Trine

First Post
silvertable81 said:
Assassin9/ex=Paladin1/ Blackguard 10
How would you qualify for the Assassin or Blackguard PrC's with only a single level of Paladin? (In that list, Paladin is the only class that can be taken at level 1.)

A mid-high level Druid can sneak in anywhere and slay pretty easily as well. Or just drop some poison in a cup, they can use natural poisons with no problem and get Craft: Poison as a skill.

Amroth

First Post
Something that people can often miss with this build is the versatility of throwing in a level or two of monk... besides the good saves, a monk/rogue/assassin will get the monks iterative attacks every +4 BAB... more attacks mean more sneak attack dice, and you can flurry of blows :)

Also it looks cool if you do your death attack with your bare hands <reaches over and snaps neck with a slight touch>:cool:

Kae'Yoss

First Post
Amroth said:
Something that people can often miss with this build is the versatility of throwing in a level or two of monk... besides the good saves, a monk/rogue/assassin will get the monks iterative attacks every +4 BAB... more attacks mean more sneak attack dice, and you can flurry of blows :)

Or you just dial-wield. Two-Weapon fighting really pays off for sneak attack users!

Remove ads