D&D 5E Suggest A Tav/Party BG3 Honor Mode

Zardnaar

Legend
So I'm early Act 3 with a charisma based Tav (hags hair +1 charisma). Last tav was a dexterity based champion fighter, one before that a shadow assassin, one before that a wisdom build (duiid into Fighter/Cleric iirc).

Various followers have been the power builds (TB throwers, TB monk)

I'm thinking of a dual wielder or spore Druid or necromancer. Something like that. Not locked in stone. Wifes at final boss and she is thinking ual wielder. No archers or bards allowed though anything else is fair game to suggest.

Bonus points ifvits playable from lvl 1. Eg the dual wielder build is looking at twin short swords or phalar aluve/corellons wrath if dex based or Mintharas weapon and shattered flail if strength based. Both well add extra sources of damage eg caustic ring, strange conduit ring, broodmothers revenge+ raspberries. That's 1W+modifier+2acid +1d4psychic +1d6 poison and 1d4 thunder if phalanx aluve is shrieking.

Last edited:

DrJawaPhD

Explorer
No archers or bards allowed though anything else is fair game to suggest.
Well there goes my suggestion, my favorite BG3 build is Bard Archer with hand crossbows + sharpshooter. You get 9 crossbow shots on turn one with slashing flourish + action surge, the damage is stupidly overpowered while also having charisma for social interactions plus decent enough stealth and lockpicking to fill the rogue role

Zardnaar

Legend
Well there goes my suggestion, my favorite BG3 build is Bard Archer with hand crossbows + sharpshooter. You get 9 crossbow shots on turn one with slashing flourish + action surge, the damage is stupidly overpowered while also having charisma for social interactions plus decent enough stealth and lockpicking to fill the rogue role

We gave done that build currently bard/paladin melee.

We played two archer builds which are better than the archer bard.

Just played bards a lot. Usually on not tav though

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
What about a GWM Battlemaster Fighter? Looks like they've improved a number of manuevers beyond regular 5e.

Zardnaar

Legend
What about a GWM Battlemaster Fighter? Looks like they've improved a number of manuevers beyond regular 5e.

Don't think I've done that to much normally that's not Tav.

I did tgat last gane level 1-10 though archer build and respecced into champion archer.

Tav before that was GWM Paladin/Warlock. Haven't done it late game with the battlemaster gloves. I like the build though and it's good from level 1-12 or 11 with war cleric splash. Hmmnn. Brain juices flowing.

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
Don't think I've done that to much normally that's not Tav.

I did tgat last gane level 1-10 though archer build and respecced into champion archer.

Tav before that was GWM Paladin/Warlock. Haven't done it late game with the battlemaster gloves. I like the build though and it's good from level 1-12 or 11 with war cleric splash. Hmmnn. Brain juices flowing.
Alternatively throwing a level of barbarian on would be good too.

Zardnaar

Legend
Would something like BM Fighter 5 / Sorcerer 5 be any good? Haste + Shield reaction?

More 6/6 Eldritch Knight.

You can dual wield two devout maces/ blood of lathander and wear the luminous items and Reverberation gear.

11 Fighter is good because if the nova potential 11+ attacks adding 1d4+3+1d6 every attack.

Go for the Abserd Achievement, focusing on having as much HP, AC, and damage retaliation items as possible (including Tempest Cleric).

You can stack a frightening number of them, some triggering on hit, others on miss, and being Abserd gives you lots of class specific dialog solutions. Being a staggering bucket of HP also helps survive Honor Mode.

It's weird, but strangely effective.

Remove ads