D&D 5E Suggest A Tav/Party BG3 Honor Mode

Zardnaar

Legend
It’s basically a Druidic necromancer. I don’t know if you can get hunters mark/hex damage with halo of spores. The symbiotic entity would need a bonus action attack to not suck, either duel wielding or war cleric dip. One thing of note - it doesn't really need maxed out wisdom.

I would suggest either be a drow for hand crossbow prof, or dip two levels of ranger.

Leaning towards drow something.

Symbiotic entity is really good early game. Use a torch, shillegh it 1d8+1d4fire+1d6 necrotic keyed off wisdom.

Zardnaar

Legend
@Zardnaar , curious if you like Sorcerers with careful spell or Evocation Wizards better?

I don't generally take careful spell.

So evocations wins that. I'm jot really using that feature much either tbh. Fireballs are few and far between.

From level 7 ot 9ish I have enough chain lightnings to go aroundvor I use glyph of warding or something.

Level 10+ magic missile, art of war, chain lightning etc.

Rarely i'll do something like ice storm, fireball, lightning if the SHtF.

Level 11 black hole+ volley is essentially fireball at will and only hits baddies.

Level 7 is its a team of fire elementals, 3-5 skeleton archers.

Playing a sorcerer at the moment, I find the biggest frustration is the lack of minion summoning spells. As above, didn't pick up careful spell, I just position my spells carefully. Wouldn't play a BG3 sorc again. Wizard is dull, but better.

Zardnaar

Legend
Playing a sorcerer at the moment, I find the biggest frustration is the lack of minion summoning spells. As above, didn't pick up careful spell, I just position my spells carefully. Wouldn't play a BG3 sorc again. Wizard is dull, but better.

Sorcerer is all about blast8ng and twin haste.

I went charisma based so thinking about final battle tav.

Sorcerers cam use scrolls of summon elemental they can't get the myrmidons. Unless they go Sorcerer 11/Wizard 1

Sorcerer is all about blast8ng and twin haste.

I went charisma based so thinking about final battle tav.

Sorcerers can use scrolls of summon elemental they can't get the myrmidons. Unless they go Sorcerer 11/Wizard 1
Indeed, I’ve been fighting the urge to take a 1 level wizard dip for the last 9 levels!

But objectively, I have to recommend, just play an evoker wizard!

Zardnaar

Legend
Indeed, I’ve been fighting the urge to take a 1 level wizard dip for the last 9 levels!

I do have an evoker wizard. I don't think they're all that.

Asterion, Reverberation equipment, rings that trigger glowing orb, two staffs, all the spell DC buff items. Nakeshar and staff of spell power.

Zardnaar

Legend
Final party vs the last part of the game.

Tav. Sword Bard 10/fighter 2. titanstring Bow. Uses strength elixir because I'm using it anyway to carry the loot. Hs rung of the mystic scoundrel.

Wyll. Archer. Hunter 11/War cleric 1. Gotr Mael bow, volley.

Minsk. Fighter 11 Battlemaster, War Cleric 1. Uses the dead shot bow and critical hit gear with gauntlets of the Warmaster.

Jaheira. Sorcerer 2/Moon Druid 10. Not sure why she's here.

Probably the easiest party vs final encounter. Lots of dragon and aberration slaying arrows.

Not really the party I wanted but can't be bothered respecting sone others. That's for the next game with the mean girls party (Laezel, Minthara, Asterion).

Last edited:

Zardnaar

Legend

Neglected a wizard this game tbh.

Gonna run cleric, Druid, wizard, monk not sure who will be who except Laezel as monk.

Zardnaar

Legend
Previous Tav was Gale.
20240411_085013.jpg

Level 4 Tav with 5 finger Discount.

Loaded up with special arrows and several scrolls. She's a drow Spore Druid packing 39 acid arrows, 31 fire arrows, 19 frost arrows etc, 16 potions of speed, and several level 3 scrolls and dimension door scrolls.

Eat a raspberry (activating poison) 1d6+dex +1d6 necrotic +1d6 poison+2d4 special arrows,+2 bracers of archery.

Equip whispering promise you get 1d4 bonus to hit.

Remove ads