D&D 5E [OOC] A Light Hearted Princes of Elemental Evil Hack and Slash

So, to recap, we have:

hafrogman: Tolan, Wood Elf Barbarian 3, N
Forged Fury: Damien Darkspawn, Human Warlock (Fiend) 3, LE
Shayuri: Aridha, Wood Elf Druid of the Moon 3, N
Steve Gorak: Thaliss Eviastarim, Half Elf Sorcerer 1 / Warlock 2, N
Kobold Stew: Carradoc, Half Elf Wizard (Transmuter) 3, N

Looks like a cleric would fit nicely. We could also maybe use a rogue, though with the right spell selection a rogue could be less necessary. But, maaaaan...I am, like, itching to play a paladin, and boy is it ever tempting knowing that it would really throw an interesting wrinkle in party composition. The latter is probably less relevant, however, given that by the time I join in someone will have dropped out.

I'll read the player's guide tomorrow. I'm sure once I do that, I'll find inspiration for something that will fit nicely with the group and satisfy me, both.

Thelxiope, Water Genasi Cleric of Aphrodite 3

4zxiwz.jpg

[sblock=Stats]
Code:
Name:       Thelxiope
Class:      Cleric (Trickery) 3
Race:       Water Genasi
Background: Lover (custom)

Size:       Medium (5'10", 140 lb)
Alignment:  Chaotic Good
Deity:      Aphrodite

STR: 13 (+1)             HP: 27 (3d8+9)
DEX: 16 (+3)             AC: 14 (Leather + DEX)
CON: 16 (+3)
INT: 15 (+2)             Speed:   30
WIS: 18 (+4) Save: +6    Init:    +3
CHA: 18 (+4) Save: +6    Passive Perception: 14

Skills:                  Abilities:
Acrobatics         +3    Spellcasting
Animal Handling    +4    Divine Domain (Trickery)
Arcana             +2    Blessing of the Trickster
Athletics          +1    Channel Divinity: Invoke Duplicity
Deception          +4    Channel Divinity: Turn Undead (pp 59)
History            +2    Acid Resistance (racial) 
*Insight           +6    Swim 30' (racial)
Intimidation       +4    Amphibious (racial; can breathe air and water)
Investigation      +2    Call to the Waves (racial; [I][size=2]shape water[/I] and [I]create/destroy water[/size][/I])
*Medicine          +6
Nature             +2
Perception         +4
Performance        +4
*Persuasion        +6
Religion           +2
Sleight of Hand    +3
*Stealth           +5
Survival           +4

Proficiencies:
Background (Lover): Insight, Stealth
Cleric: Medicine, Persuasion
Armor: Light Armor, medium armor, shields
Weapons: Simple weapons
Tools: Disguise kit, lyre (both from Background (Lover))
Saving Throws: Wisdom, Charisma
Languages: Common, Primordial (racial)

Spellcasting:
Spell Attack Modifier: +6
Spell Save DC: 14
Cantrips Known: [size=2]light, spare the dying, thaumaturgy, shape water (racial)[/size]
1st level spells prepared: [size=2]bless, cure wounds, [s]guiding bolt[/s] Eros's arrow*, shield of [s]faith[/s] ardor*, create/destroy water (racial)[/size]
2nd level spells prepared: [size=2]prayer of healing, silence[/size]

[I]*descriptive fluff intended to reflect the character concept[/I]

Weapon                Attack  Damage     Type  Range
Shortbow               +5     1d6+3        P  (80/320)
Spear                  +3     1d8+1        P  (20/60) melee, versatile
Spear                  +3     1d6+1        P  (20/60) thrown
Dagger                 +3     1d4+1        P  (20/60) melee, finesse and light
Dagger                 +5     1d4+3        P  (20/60) thrown, finesse and light

Equipment (34 lbs): 
Shortbow
Arrows, 40
Spear
Dagger, 2
Leather armor
Divine focus:  small nautilus shell
Lyre
Disguise kit
Backpack
Waterskin
Common Clothes

Money: Spent 99 gp and 2 sp

Personality Trait: I'm a hopeless romantic, always searching for the Knight Captain
Ideal: Beauty. When I  love, I make the world a better place.
Bond: I had a dream that my beloved died; I cannot rest until I see him safe.
Flaw: All the world is symbols. I read meaning into things even when there is none.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Background]She liked to swim. The water was a balm. The morning she saw him, she swam in a narrow cove of cold clear water off the coast of the Korinn Archipelago, frolicked in the green waves, delighted in the play of sea foam along the water's edge.

The man rounded the rocky shore and came upon her before she could dart beneath the waves. He walked along the shore, the horsehair of his helm and his epaulets glinting in the sun. Something in the set of his shoulders spoke of a secret that bore like a stone upon him.

Thelxiope, lost in a well of love, watched the soldier for long moments. She could leave the sea, but that would mean a half-life. A life confined to legs that walked, to the indignity of feet, to breathing air. As she considered the man, the sun moved from behind a cloud, lighting his hair on fire. Thelxiope's heart swelled. She left the sea forever.

The tryst was worth it. For three weeks, Thelxiope and the soldier--the Knight Captain of Mirabar, he revealed--languished in one another's companionship along the shores of the archipelago. She woke the last morning of the third week to find him gone. Trouble brewed in the world of men, she knew. Even a siren hears snippets of rumor. The Captain was on his way to war.

Thelxiope slept fitfully the first six nights after her lover's absence. The morning of the seventh day, she woke from a dream rife with death. She would wait no more. Nay, she would hunt. For love. For life. For ruin, if need be. She would find him.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

That character sheet looks pretty but it's a pain to format. I'll work on it in a bit to pretty it up. All the basics are there, though.

I'm very excited to have an opportunity to play Thelxiope. I think she's bitchin'. [MENTION=552]Creamsteak[/MENTION], I custom crafted a Background for her that I am calling "Lover." It blends elements of the Entertainer background with fluff elements from Thelxiope's character concept (love). Let me know if what I have crafted is acceptable.

Creamsteak

Explorer
That character sheet looks pretty but it's a pain to format. I'll work on it in a bit to pretty it up. All the basics are there, though.

I'm very excited to have an opportunity to play Thelxiope. I think she's bitchin'. [MENTION=552]Creamsteak[/MENTION], I custom crafted a Background for her that I am calling "Lover." It blends elements of the Entertainer background with fluff elements from Thelxiope's character concept (love). Let me know if what I have crafted is acceptable.

Seems fine by me.

I'm drafting a paladin (what the hell, right?) and will post it in a bit. I like my love cleric, but am having a hard time moving my brain away from pally. We'll see.

Lieutenant Ser Marcus Dent, Half-Elf Paladin 3, NE

2vv5obq.jpg

[sblock=Stats]
STR 18
DEX 14
CON 18
INT 13
WIS 16
CHA 18

hp: 34
Initiative: +2
AC: 18 (scale mail, shield)
Proficiency Bonus: +2
Saving Throws: Wisdom, Charisma
Alignment: TBD. Contemplating NE (first choice), LN, or LE. Regardless of which I select, I promise to work well as a team.
Skill Proficiencies: Athletics, Deception, Insight, Intimidation, Perception, Persuasion
Darkvision: 60' as dim light
Sex: Male
Size: Medium (5' 11", 185 lbs)
Speed: 30
Languages: Common, Elvish,

Background (Custom: Hedge Knight):
Skill Proficiencies: Athletics, Intimidation
Bad Reputation
Personality: My sense of humor is crude. I cuss.
Ideal: I do what I must and obey just authority.
Bond: I'm loyal to my Captain, to everything and everyone else second.
Flaw: By any means necessary. The end justifies the means.

Abilities:
Fey Ancestry: Advantage on saving throws to avoid being charmed, and immune to magical sleep
Divine Sense (5x): Know presence of any desecrated or consecrated place or object, celestial, fiend, or undead w/i 60' of you that is not behind total cover.
Lay on Hands: Can heal 15 hp, can cure disease and poison.
Fighting Style (Protection): Impose Disadvantage on a foe attacking someone other than you w/i 5'.
Divine Smite: Deal an additional 2d8 radiant damage
Sacred Oath: Oath of Vengeance

Spellcasting: Spell Save DC 14 and Spell Attack Modifier +6
1st level spells (3 spell slots, 4 spells prepared): cure wounds, divine favor, heroism, searing smite
Oath spells: bane, hunter's mark

Weapons:
Longsword +6, 1d8+4 S versatile (1d10)
Flail +6, 1d8+4 B
Dagger, melee +6, 1d4+4 P (20/60) finesse, light, thrown
Dagger, thrown +4, 1d4+2
Longbow +4, 1d8+3 P (150/600) heavy, two-handed

Equipment:
Shield 10 gp
Longsword 15 gp
Flail 10 gp
Dagger 2 gp
Longbow 50 gp
Ammunition (20) 1 gp
Quiver 1 gp
Scale mail 50 gp
Backpack 2 gp
Traveler's clothes 2 gp
Waterskin 2 sp
Whetstone 1 cp
Oil 1 sp

Skills:
Acrobatics +2
Animal Handling +3
Arcana +1
Athletics +6
Deception +6
History +1
Insight +5
Intimidation +6
Investigation +1
Medicine +3
Nature +1
Perception +5
Performance +4
Persuasion +6
Religion +1
Sleight of Hand +3
Stealth +2 (disadvantage in scale mail)
Survival +3[/sblock]

[sblock=Background]Marcus Dent mistrusted his traveling companions, but he wisely kept his trap shut. The transmuter wasn't so bad--he could hold his own in a fight, Dent had observed--but the wood elves irritated him. He didn't fit in with them any better than he did with the human or the other half-elves, and he felt the constancy of their eyes and their judgment. Watching him. Waiting for a misstep. He tolerated Damien, a man so thoroughly and obviously evil as to incur Dent's scorn when the others seemed to willingly overlook Damien's qualities. Damien he trusted a hair more than the others, if only for the reason that Dent felt one could rely on evil to do evil.

Truth be told, he couldn't wait to be shot of the lot of them. They were useful to him for the moment, however, and had to be tolerated until he could be returned to the Knight Captain's side. Dent didn't much like the Knight Captain, either, but long years of service in the same unit bred at least a modicum of familiarity. He'd stick to the order given him by the Commander, which was to find the Knight Captain and return with him to the unit. By any means necessary, that was Dent's motto. He'd find the Cap'n, right enough. Alive, if possible. Dead if need be. And then the pissants back at the unit would see the truth of his worth. He'd make them see.

Dent smiled. His plans were laid.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads