Dark Days in Sion pbp ALL THINGS OOC

narayan

Explorer
New Rules for Studying/Praying for spells.

I have come up with some rules to allow spells to be regained faster for our play-by-post game. I've posted them up on Obsidian Portal in the House Rules: Spells section.

These are open for discussion (or improvement) if anyone has any better ideas? Hawke already suggested one change that I implemented so feel free to make suggestions if you have any.

Otherwise if they are fine as they are, those of you who need to regain spells should take a look at what DC of Concentration Checks will be required for you. (You can assume you will have 3 hours)

http://sion.obsidianportal.com/wikis/spells

If I understand right the one-hour rule and the less-than-one can be combined into one: Sum(spell level x spell slot) minutes, but with an upper limit of one hour (yes, I understand the DC is larger for the one-hour type, but until someone would have 60 mins of spells to prepare it is not really applicable anyway). Eitherway, a bit of counting everyday, but it seems reasonable.

I have Melodic Casting feat: "Whenever a Concentration check would be required to cast a spell or use a spell-like ability (such as when you cast defensively or are distracted or injured while casting), you can make a Perform check instead. In addition, you can cast spells and activate magic items by command word or spell completion while using a bardic music ability. Bardic music abilities that require concentration still take a standard action to perform."

Is that applicable here? If not, then I will have to start investing in Concentration after all...

97mg

Explorer
Hi Guys,

Before Aletia responds to Burrai I've got a few questions:

* Timeline. What time of day is it? Is this immediately upon return to Jabbar's Trade Shop after the fight, or later in the morning after Aletia has had a chance to leave a note for Kayote about the planned morning meeting (about the contest and Black Network audience members). I have a post ready to cover Aletia's movements until meeting the crew back at the shop... if the current time is early morning.

* Would the crew have accepted an offer to return to the shop within a 10" radius invisibility spell? This allows us to move bodies with less risk, and will also give the other characters a little more insight into "what kind of character / person" Aletia is.

Is this right?

* At end of Fight all go back to shop (invisible).
* Once all safe at shop, Aletia politely departs to leave Kayote a note about the planned meeting.
* Before dawn Aletia returns to the shop (hoping that the team will meet Kayote later in the day, and she also offered to help with a Temple visitation).
* At the shop Burrai's current events take place.

Let me know if any of this is wrong :)

Cheers,
ivo

Hillsy7

First Post
Personally I've no real issue if, for expedience, Aletia had nipped to Kayote's first - dunno if Narayan was planning any RP there or not.....

Obviously I was just trying to round up the group for a team building chat together....not really had one yet....all been a bit 100mph

Alright. I was a bit confused about how this adds up in timeline too. Especially since my assumption was Narayan was going to skip until dawn, not just into the shop. If I understand correctly, the current conversation is some hours after they came back to the shop, so some of the resting is skiped, or does Aletia makes the round much quicker?

97mg

Explorer
Hi p3sent, I've posted for Aletia as though she assists with returning bodies etc to Jabbar's Shop, then quickly scurries off to leave a note for Kayote and have a quick rest. Then she arrives back at the shop and goes from there. Hope this works for you guys! Fun times ahead, the team has quite a lot on their plate hehe.

PS for Narayan: Wrenwil is ready for action any time mate. No rush, just wanted you to know that his sheet is all updated etc.

97mg

Explorer
Ooo, things getting tense at Jabbar's joint! Love it! Burrai's post next yea? Then Aletia can slab Bill one hehe :D

Hillsy7

First Post
Apologies guys.....works been full on and it's just been sucking up all of my brain bandwidth at the moment. I'll try and get a post up in the next couple of days....

Remove ads