D&D 5E [5E][OOC] Across the Faerun-iverse

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Glad you asked! Since I didn't give a character background, it's probably not too clear, but it's all worked out in my head!

- Endurance isn't fully aware he is a cleric.
- He survived a shipwreck floating at sea for 48 days (maybe fulfilling some prophecy? hence "seven weeks less a day") and was given the ability to Create Water and Purify Food and Drink (first-level Cleric spells). And he did.
- Storm deities tend to be Chaotic and Evil (why, I ask you, why?) and the Minotaurs tend to be Lawful. I thought I'd play with that -- whatever god has given him Tempest Powers has not made himself known to him personally, but is giving him whatever power is needed to cast healing spells, etc.
- This means Endurance is not especially religious (no skill training), is aligned differently than most Tempest gods, but is still functioning as a cleric. He won't proseletyse (sp?), but he does know he has been given Power, and suspects it's for a reason. He also knows it could be taken away or limited at any time.
- After being found, he was able to navigate over water back to the reef that wrecked the ship (Labyrinthine recall) and so was responsible for rescuing, I don't know, some kids or something.
- At the moment he doesn't have a combat cantrip, and will tend to use strength attacks in combat, but we of course will see.
- He'll be meditative, and I'll play him as wise as I can. Calligraphy was taken as a meditation discipline, but also because the awesome pic had some Japanese characters in it, and so I figured why not. I'm substituting "bull" whenever I want to type "man" -- bull is the male of both bovines and rhinoceroi, and so it sort of blurs the minotaur-rhino thing cause by the picture. The guy attacks with horns. That's what we know. Maybe someday he'll have a cool Bushido-like longsword too, but for the moment it's shield and warhammer.

I hope that works for everyone (Egon esp.)!

Forged Fury

First Post
Cool. I was wondering if you were going to slide in a side reference to him being a Krynn minotaur instead.Habbakuk is a NG god of the sea in that pantheon and those minotaurs are very seafaring. I'm enjoying the characterization.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
I don't really know my Dragonlance, I'll admit. I was taking it for granted that he was a Krynn Miotaur (and not the MM variety), but I am less concerned with consistency and worlds/settings than many people seem to be.

I am delighted, though, to discover that Habbakuk is focused on perseverance, which does fit the character perfectly.

I have no objections to this being the deity giving Endurance his powers. If Egon wishes, I have no problems shifting the alignment to LG, TN, or NG; or that can be something that develops over the campaign. I think at the moment, I like the thought of Endurance not knowing the source of his powers, though, and as long as he can develop as a cleric normally, I'm prepared to leave the uncertainty.

Egon

First Post
Oh my god, the dice rolling is hard on the eyes. And brain. This multiple post for rolls thing in IC is going to make me lose what's left of my non-existent hair.

I'm going to, after the first round here, implement a dice rolling thread; it will be in the community group for the campaign. Roll your dice there, and then just link back to that post/those posts in your IC posts; that will make it easier on me to adjudicate stuff, as well as help keep the IC thread from being overly cluttered.

I hope this makes sense. Nobody has to reroll anything; just make sure that starting with the next round of combat to just roll in the Die Rolling thread and then link back to those posts in your IC post. I'll do the same!

Forged Fury

First Post
Problem: You can't roll on community pages, apparently. I just tried it. If the issue is clutter, we can always spoiler block the game mechanics portions of our posts. Alternately, we can roll in this thread.

hafrogman

Adventurer
Oh my god, the dice rolling is hard on the eyes. And brain. This multiple post for rolls thing in IC is going to make me lose what's left of my non-existent hair.
Sorry, that's pretty much just my fault, and shouldn't be an issue moving forward. I screwed up my first post, and then had to add the others. But a kobold_stew's post showed me the correct way to do it moving forward, so it shouldn't happen again.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Thoughts:

If we don't like
OOC: rolls in ooc

we can use
[sblock]spoilers, using "sblock"[/sblock] or
[sblock=Titles]they can also have titles - I wrote "sblock=Titles" there, and look what it did[/sblock]
or link to an offsite die roller, thus: To hit: 15, if successful damage = 13.
Invisible Castle is sometimes down, but it works fine, IMO.

Forged Fury

First Post
Not that it's a democracy or anything, but I do prefer using sblocks and posting the rolls in the IC thread. Less jumping around for us. I updated my post for Ana a little while ago to show what sblocks look like.

Egon

First Post
My issue this morning was lack of coffee plus seeing a bunch of posts for one person's actions. That hurts trying to follow it.

However, if everyone is on the same page of just posting multiple posts in IC, then so be it. Just know that it may take me longer to adjudicate as I have to hunt for all the relevant posts. :)

Remove ads