D&D 5E [OOC] Escape from Castle Illvithar

Uller

Adventurer
Are we waiting for the creature to act or am I up? Or are we out of init?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Creamsteak

Explorer
You are up. I let whisper's action go slightly ahead I guess since it didn't seem to have any extra consequence this round before the creature tries to force its way out of the box.

Uller

Adventurer
Yeah...as much as I hate to point it out I think we missed the creatures turn. As long as it seems contained, I stick with my action to help Whisper examine or open the lock. If the creature is busting out I want to help contain it...likely w by using my rope to help secure the lid more.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Yeah...as much as I hate to point it out I think we missed the creatures turn. As long as it seems contained, I stick with my action to help Whisper examine or open the lock. If the creature is busting out I want to help contain it...likely w by using my rope to help secure the lid more.

Oh no, the creatures actions so far have been wake up (surprised round), get out of the box and stand there, then try to get out of the box since someone put it back in. We are fine. What I think I got confused on is what our spellcasters actions were. Either way, every round the thing is going to make an opposed strength check (or unopposed I guess), and eventually someone will roll low and it will roll high, so now we're more or less on a round of the party trying to further secure the box and try to get out of the room.

Uller

Adventurer
Question for the [MENTION=552]Creamsteak[/MENTION]: I have Unseen Servant prepared. My intention is to use it at times I need to be able to manipulate dangerous things or things out of reach or if I have a need to do those sort of things and still be able to cast other spells or whatever.

The spell lasts for one hour. The text says as a bonus action I can move it 15' and have it interact with the environment in ways that a servant can...so fix the fire, retrieve an item, pull a lever, open a door, etc. As written, it seems the spell is only useful for the duration if we're stationary because it will end once it is out of range and we're not going to move at a rate of only 150' per minute. Would you allow that if we are moving and the Unseen Servant is not actively doing anything for it to just attach to me and move with me? If not, no big deal...I'll prepare a different spell at the next opportunity. I'm just trying to stick with more problem solving/utility type spells than straight up combat spells.

Creamsteak

Explorer
The line reads "60 feet away from you" so as long as you are not out-pacing it at 15 feet you are fine. If you do decide to go full speed you will out-pace it, but this is a dungeon and I don't see people moving all too quickly. More than likely the party will be moving at half speed while hidden I imagine?

Remove ads