[OD&D] [OOC] Paths of Legend: To Rule in Hell

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
I would ideally like to start with the page-boy NPC, if possible, with others possibly hire-able later on?

His main duties would include carring her shield (shield-bearer), holding the lantern, helping put on armor and maintaining and carrying gear. She'll also purchase a sling (and dagger) for him for some ranged-attack as well, if he's a full henchman and all. :)

Narasha will offer his choice of either 4 silvers a day, or 1 silver a day and a tenth part of her share of any booty... See what kind of boy he is.

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Ok, I have changed my mind. I want to play a Human Magic-User. Everything else I've mentioned about his personality, etc. will stay as before.

Moaine The Grim ("MO - AINE" Sounds like "SLOW PLANE")
Male Human Magic-User
Age: 22 Ht: 6'1" Wt: 192 Lbs. Raven Black Hair, Icy Blue Eyes.

My rolls for stats were: 9,10,12,13,11,15. (4d6, drop lowest.)

I will arrange them as follows:

STR 09 (+0)
INT 15 (+1)
WIS 12 (+0)
DEX 11 (+0)
CON 13 (+1)
CHA 10 (+0)

I will drop WIS by 2 points to raise my INT by 1. (WIS = 12 down to 10; INT = 15 up to 16.)

FINAL SCORES:

STR 09 (+0)
INT 16 (+2 Bonus; +10% Earned XP.)
WIS 10 (+0)
DEX 11 (+0)
CON 13 (+1Bonus)
CHA 10 (+0)

Alignment:
Neutral
Hit Points:
Armor Class:
Languages:
Common, Elf, Orc
Gold:

Saving Throws:
Death Ray / Poison:
Magic Wands:
Paralysis / Turn To Stone:
Breath Attack:
Rod / Staff / Spell:

Equipment Carried: Robes, Staff

(To be continued...)

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Looks good so far.

I will be setting up a Rogues Gallery soon. Those of you who want to start with henchmen, please roll them up as regular characters, using 3d6 but arranged to suit the class you want the henchman to be. Henchmen receive a half share of XP and whatever share of treasure the PC deems appropriate...however, I'll be roleplaying the henchmen and if they feel cheated or slighted or whatever, they may leave. ;)

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Rolling henchman, 3d6 arrange to taste:
(See PathsOfLegend dice room for roll verification)

STR 13 (+1 to hit and damage; +5% earned xp)
INT 12 (+0)
WIS 4 (-2 Save vs. Spells)
DEX 11 (+0)
CON 8 (-1 Hit point per die; Suffers from Tuberculosis. She is a heavy drinker.)
CHA 12 (+0)

Henchman will be Neutral Female Human Fighter, named Carlena Magsbreunner.

More to come...

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
So... as an elf, can I start as a multiclass character (fighter/magic-user)? It is not entirely clear from your rules description.

If so, how does that work, exactly?

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
You start with an average of the two class's starting hit points (so, 6 in this case) and use the best save numbers from either class. Other than that, both classes function normally. Remember, though, that when you earn XP, the bonus percent from your PRs may be different. So, divide earned XP first, then apply the bonus (or penalty).

tglassy

Adventurer
You know what, I might have to step back on this one. I've got a lot going on and I'm already in a couple other games. It sounds awesome, though.

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Ok, let me know if you change you mind.

Regarding henchmen, they are full 1st level characters. For a younger character, if they are 12 or older, just treat them as an adult, stat wise. If they are younger, roll 2d6 for their stats and then roll the last d6 for each of their ability scores when they reach 12.

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Updated Narasha and page-boy's gear list here. Didn't buy any perishables for now.

Cost and encumberance for these items, if any?
  • Bandages plus pins and a bottle of alcohol
  • Small box with brushes and oils for maintenance
  • Cast iron pot and rotisserie spit
  • Two rolled blankets

Other than that and some last details on the page-boy, I think she's all set to go! :)

Remove ads