[OD&D] [OOC] Paths of Legend: To Rule in Hell

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
You start with an average of the two class's starting hit points (so, 6 in this case) and use the best save numbers from either class. Other than that, both classes function normally. Remember, though, that when you earn XP, the bonus percent from your PRs may be different. So, divide earned XP first, then apply the bonus (or penalty).
Alright, I think I'll go with fighter/magic-user elf then. When I'm ready with the numbers I'll let you know. Do we have a deadline?

Oh, one more question. Can I use armor without hindering my spellcasting?

Last edited:

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Updated Narasha and page-boy's gear list here. Didn't buy any perishables for now.

Cost and encumberance for these items, if any?
  • Bandages plus pins and a bottle of alcohol
  • Small box with brushes and oils for maintenance
  • Cast iron pot and rotisserie spit
  • Two rolled blankets

Other than that and some last details on the page-boy, I think she's all set to go! :)

• Bandages plus pins and a bottle of alcohol - We'll call that a Healer's Kit, 5 GP, 10 cn
  • Small box with brushes and oils for maintenance - What is this for? 5 gp, 10 cn
  • Cast iron pot and rotisserie spit - 1 gp, 20 cn
  • Two rolled blankets - 5 sp each, 10 cn each

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Alright, I think I'll go with fighter/magic-user elf then. When I'm ready with the numbers I'll let you know. Do we have a deadline?

Oh, one more question. Can I use armor without hindering my spellcasting?

Hoping to start this weekend and yes, you can cast in armor if you are a multi-class magic-user.

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Baernoth

Neutral elf fighter 1 / magic-user 1

[sblock=Stats]
STR 8 (-1)
DEX 13 (+1)
CON 10 (0)
INT 16* (+2)
WIS 9* (0)
CHA 12 (0)

* I have substracted 2 points of WIS (originally 11) to gain an extra point of INT (originally 15).

For the original rolls, see: https://rolz.org/dr?room=PathsOfLegend

HP (max): 6
HP (current): 6
AC 6 (leather armor + dexterity)
THAC0 19 (melee 20; ranged 18)

Saving throws:
. Death ray/poison: 12
. Magic wands: 13
. Paralysis/turn to stone: 13
. Breath attack: 15
. Rod/staff/spell: 15
[/sblock]
[sblock=Abilities]
Class abilities (fighter):
. Can use all weapons, armor, shields
. Use special abilities of weapons
. 1d8 hit points per level
. Next level: 2000 xp

Class abilities (magic-user):
. Can use daggers, staffs
. Spell casting, 1 spell per day of level 1
. Spell book, containing: Read Magic, Charm Person
. 1d4 hit points per level
. Next level: 2500 xp

Multiclass details:
. Divide xp as desired between classes, then add bonus xp if appropriate
. Use best saving throw/to hit of either class
. Gain half hit points per level of class (rounded up)
. Use all class abilities

Racial abilities:
. Infravision 60’
. Detect secret/hidden doors with 1 or 2 on d6
. Speaks Common, Elven; bonus languages Orc, Hobgoblin
. Maximum fighter level 4, maximum magic-user level 8
[/sblock]
[sblock=Equipment]
(Starting gold: 110 gp)
40 gp Longbow (1d6 damage)
25 gp Arrows x100
10 gp Normal sword (1d8 damage)
20 gp Leather armor (AC7)
5 gp Backpack
5 gp Middle class clothes
1 gp Long cloak
0 gp Spell book
0.5 gp Belt pouch
1 gp Waterskin
2 gp, 5 sp in coins
[/sblock]
[sblock=Appearance and personality][sblock]
e55ec386f56325610d9dd7c5dcb30b83.jpg
[/sblock]
Like most elves, Baernoth is slender, frail and handsome. Blond hair frames his haughty visage, emphasizing cat-like green eyes. Baernoth dresses modestly apart from his generous ruby cloak and always takes his prized longbow with him. His left arm is covered with a massive tattoo of a curled snake, which the elf usually keeps covered to avoid questions.

To most who meet him, Baernoth is a charming conversationalist, quick-witted and interested. It is, however, his greatest weapon in his everlasting quest for power and dominance; he does not care about others at all. This ruthless ambition drives him to seek out magical power and influential allies; nothing else matters to the pragmatic elf.
[/sblock]
[sblock=Bio]
Elves are wonderful. They provoke wonder.
Elves are marvellous. They cause marvels.
Elves are fantastic. They create fantasies.
Elves are glamorous. They project glamour.
Elves are enchanting. They weave enchantment.
Elves are terrific. They beget terror.
The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.
No one ever said elves are nice.
Elves are bad.

- Terry Pratchett, Lords and Ladies

Baernoth, formerly of clan Lutheirion, was raised in a family of fierce defenders against the forces of madness. Although he himself was too young to remember any of it, he does know of the struggles, deception and outright wars between several clans of his people following madness’ defeat. Growing up in a clan in permanent state of strife, the young Baernoth quickly learned that the only real power was influence over others and the best tool for that was magic.

Whenever he could find a way to miss archery classes, Baernoth studied hard under the tutelage of the clan wizard, eventually learning to cast spells on his own. The power he felt! Suddenly he could magically compel people to follow his suggestions and protect him.

It was not enough for the ambitious elf, however, and when he attempted to steal the wizard’s spell book, Baernoth was put on trial. When his charm spell on a member of the jury was discovered, the inevitable sentence was harsh: Baernoth was stripped of his clan name and exiled from their lands, on pain of death.

Enraged, Baernoth cursed his family and swore he would have his revenge, whatever the cost. He wandered the world for several years before hearing whispers of Azilyk the Serpent, offering power and immortality to those who are not afraid of the darkness. Baernoth knew that if he was to stand a chance, he would have to prove himself to be driven, powerful and experienced in his chosen art of deception and manipulation.

Joining a mercenary company might not be the most glorious work, but it is a source of potential allies, on-the-job training, and possibly finding magical secrets in the former Lands of Madness…
[/sblock]

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
  • Bandages plus pins and a bottle of alcohol - We'll call that a Healer's Kit, 5 GP, 10 cn
  • Small box with brushes and oils for maintenance - What is this for? 5 gp, 10 cn
That was to clean/maintain Narasha's armor and weapons, and to stop bleeding, respectively.

She can't afford either one of those right now... although I do think having the former could be to our benefit. Would one of you guys be willing to lend her the money?

Edit: Sorry for the slow posting: busy preparing for and now attending a convention. Should be back to normal by the week-end.

Remove ads