Episode VII and Rey (Total Speculation)

ArchfiendBobbie

First Post
I think Rey is completely unrelated to the Skywalkers, has never bee trained by Luke, and is just some random girl who lived on a desert world.

She's part of the Force reawakening in people. A new generation, or even new type, of Force user. Vader brought balance to the Force, and did so by exterminating both sides of it. Kylo can't undo this balance, but is trying. And Rey is the embodiment of the Force's will, the idea that it must be balanced, and exists to do what the Jedi were originally intended to do.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Yeah, I think the "Awakening" will be widespread. Rey is one of the first we see. I reckon by the end of Episode IX there will be lots and lots of Jedi.

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
I reckon by the end of Episode IX there will be lots and lots of Jedi.
Or maybe 'lots and lots of untrained Force users', most of whom take advantage of their 'good luck' like Han Solo did, and could use Jedi Training to understand what is going on.

Solo: There isn't any all-powerful Force controlling MY destiny.
Kenobi: - smothers laughter -
Ben recognizes the 'famous Solo luck' as un-adept and unconscious use of the Force to skew the odds in his own favor.

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
I think Rey is completely unrelated to the Skywalkers, has never bee trained by Luke, and is just some random girl who lived on a desert world.

She's part of the Force reawakening in people. A new generation, or even new type, of Force user. Vader brought balance to the Force, and did so by exterminating both sides of it. Kylo can't undo this balance, but is trying. And Rey is the embodiment of the Force's will, the idea that it must be balanced, and exists to do what the Jedi were originally intended to do.

By re-empowering the Sith Side, Ren may have also created the 'space' for Jedi Side Force-users to exist and grow. He's meeting so much resistance because, unknown to him, he's actually trying to 'lift' twice as much 'weight' as he was planning for.
Like yin/yang, as Ren makes himself more powerful, he also enables the enemies who will combat him in the end. He's going to suck up all the power points on his side himself, but the other side could be one powerful Jedi (Luke?) or a bunch of Paduwan-level individuals who gang up on him.

ArchfiendBobbie

First Post
By re-empowering the Sith Side, Ren may have also created the 'space' for Jedi Side Force-users to exist and grow. He's meeting so much resistance because, unknown to him, he's actually trying to 'lift' twice as much 'weight' as he was planning for.
Like yin/yang, as Ren makes himself more powerful, he also enables the enemies who will combat him in the end. He's going to suck up all the power points on his side himself, but the other side could be one powerful Jedi (Luke?) or a bunch of Paduwan-level individuals who gang up on him.

Which I think is exactly what the Force doesn't want.

The main problem the Jedi had was they became so invested in their mission, so invested in training for war, that they ended up creating Sith. Remember, Vader and Tyranus were both former Jedi. And the growing corruption caused by their mission is the very thing Sidious used to turn Vader against the Jedi and make him willing to listen to Sith solutions.

I'm sticking to just the movies for this, as the EU material reveals that the Chosen One was a Sith plot to destroy the Jedi. I haven't read everything and my memory is faulty, but if what I remember is correct, the Force ultimately created the Chosen One itself... hinting that, on some level, it may have agreed with the Sith about the Jedi. But even if what I just said is accurate, it's not canon.

At the end of the day, I think the dichotomy you're talking about ultimately became the problem that was unbalancing the Force. So the Force created a solution. And now, it's trying to do a resurgence without the imbalance it had in the past.

Last edited:

Water Bob

Adventurer
Yeah, I think the "Awakening" will be widespread. Rey is one of the first we see. I reckon by the end of Episode IX there will be lots and lots of Jedi.

I have nothing to back this up other than a hunch, but I think that there might be more Jedi, but only a handful. I think the new series is going to keep Jedi rare. It won't be like the prequels, where there are armies of Jedi--or enough, at least, to act as Generals and lead the armies of the Republic.

fjw70

Adventurer
I have nothing to back this up other than a hunch, but I think that there might be more Jedi, but only a handful. I think the new series is going to keep Jedi rare. It won't be like the prequels, where there are armies of Jedi--or enough, at least, to act as Generals and lead the armies of the Republic.

I don't think there will be los either, but I suspect the Jedi will be on the rise.

CAFRedblade

Explorer
Keeping in mind there are a few years between each movie of the original trilogy. So I figure, at least 5-10 years from start to finish for Luke. And the time it took to build the second DeathStar.

Remove ads