Episode VII and Rey (Total Speculation)

Water Bob

Adventurer
The actors are 11 years apart in real life. Rey is supposed to be 19 in TFA, and Daisy was 22 during production. I'm not sure how old Kylo Ren is supposed to be, but Adam Driver's real age of 31 seems about right--or bit younger. I'd say the character is at least 25 in TFA.

Water Bob

Adventurer
Kylo Ren tells Snoke that Rey was able to block Kylo out of her mind, keeping the map that she has seen secret. Ren tells Snoke that she is powerful in the Force, but untrained--and that she doesn't know about her Force abilities.

Luke became a "full Jedi" after a couple hours training with Obi-wan and a couple days with Yoda being a backpack as he ran.
So it apparently doesn't take much.

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
This thread just reminded me - at my last visit to the library (feels like the first time in about 4 months) I walked RIGHT PAST The Force Awakens on a shelf and was too preoccupied to pick it up! :mad:

V Love Vera

First Post
In my opinion I think that Rey is going to be the next Skywalker (or I'd like her to be) or next big thing! Not to mention The force is very VERY powerful with her. Every time she does something she is great at it. I don't know whether that's a good or bad thing. I'm going to throw out there 2 case scenarios.
Scenario #1 : Rey is either in the picture to be the next best thing thanks to The Force
Scenario #2 : Rey is actually there because of the dark side (and we just don't know that yet) and is trying to learn and advance in everything because a). She is going to take the good side out. OR b). she is the one that is going to try and wipe out both sides. (now remember this is just my theroy!!)

Either or... I'm just exploring the options. And I love hearing all the therories that everyone else has. ;)

Last edited:

Mercurius

Legend
Come now, Rey is NOT going to be the bad guy (or gal). She is clearly the main hero of the new trilogy. This is also in line with the general cultural trend of re-writing/re-working major stories to incorporate female and/or minority protagonists. Actually, consider that the only white guys in TFA either die (Han Solo) or are bad (Kylo Ren) or old/not really in it (Luke). The main characters are female (Rey), black (Finn), and brown (Poe). I don't have a problem with this, mind you, just pointing it out.

As far as Rey's parentage, there are really only a few options from most to least likely:

1) Luke. I mean, it is the most obvious answer.
2) Han and Leia. I'd say only slightly less possible, and would fit the general TFA trend of aping the original trilogy..."Rey, search your feelings...you know it to be true: I am your brother." "Noooo, that's not true!!!"
3) Obi-wan. This is least likely because of the age gap - Rey'd have to be 30+ years old, which is obviously not the case. On the other hand, daddy could've been a force ghost when he got it on with mommy.
4) Some other. We'd probably have some clue who it might be, and there's been no easter eggs as far as I know. Maybe Boba Fett blasted his way out of the sarlac pit and settled down and got married? Maybe she's Obi-Wan's grand-daughter?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
What I love about Rey is that she (the actor) is ridiculously charismatic and likeable without having to be sexualised. Her enthusiasm and humour are infectious.

Remove ads