D&D 5E Storm King's Thunder

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
2ch2b76.jpg

Cloud Castle
Morning
Round 3

Dren continues his relentless attacks on the invisible stalker, tapping his ki so his fist moves in a fast blur following his axe after it goes wide, though only one blow managed to land.

[sblock=Actions]
Action: Handaxe attack and damage: 1D20+5 = [5]+5 = 10
1D6+3 = [3]+3 = 6

Bonus Action: Flurry of blows
Unarmed attack and damage: 1D20+5 = [17]+5 = 22
1D4+3 = [1]+3 = 4

Unarmed attack and damage: 1D20+5 = [3]+5 = 8
1D4+3 = [1]+3 = 4

Move:
Reaction:
Object Interaction:

Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
AC: 16
HP: 26/33 HD: 4/4d8
Ki: 3/4/R
Darts 10
Arrows: 20
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party Treasure]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party]
Tranio - half-elf death cleric
Fistan - human wizard
Carolina - halfling rogue
Dren - dwarf monk
Bethany - human fighter
Aremus - half-elf paladin
Ordrar - dwarf eldritch knight
[/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: I was waiting for DM post saying it was destroyed.

Ordrar strikes again at the retreating creature, sheating it again into potential energy of the clouds, daring it to move again.

[sblock=Actions]
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

[/sblock]

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer

The battle rages on for a few more minutes, each hero landing a blow in turn. Eventually, the floating arrow and clump of "cloud stuff" drop to the ground. The beast is no more.

"I must apologize," Zephyros admits as he floats down to the first floor. "It was foolish of me to think this journey would be uninterrupted. I wish I was here earlier to help, but trying to get valuable information out of Modrons is near impossible."

Zephyros then inspects the mysterious pouch for a few minutes. As soon as he determines there are no further threats, he returns it to the party. The wizard explains it is a bag of holding. https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Bag of Holding#content

"We'll be arriving in Goldenfields shortly," the Cloud Giant announces. "I believe there was a request for some aerial reconnaissance first?"

OOC: For protecting the cloud while Zephyros was gone, everyone is now level 5.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
2ch2b76.jpg

Cloud Castle
Morning
Round 0

Dren breathed out, centering himself once again, and spun his axe around before sliding it into his belt. “Well tha’s tha’,” the dwarven monk said. “Goldenfields, aye,” he nodded to Zephyros.

[sblock=Actions]
Action:
Bonus Action:
Move:
Reaction:
Object Interaction:

Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
AC: 16
HP: 34/41 HD: 5//5d8+2
Ki: 4/5/R
Darts 10
Arrows: 20
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party Treasure]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party]
Tranio - half-elf death cleric
Fistan - human wizard
Carolina - halfling rogue
Dren - dwarf monk
Bethany - human fighter
Aremus - half-elf paladin
Ordrar - dwarf eldritch knight
[/sblock]

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Tranio looks to his companions, to see if any wish healing, or if they will endure wounds with fortitude.

The late arrival of the giant, whose snores had provided the pulse of the combat, was suspicious to Train, but he lacked both evidence and power to do anything about it.

Tranio made his way to the precipice of the cloud, dangling his feet over the edge as the castle flew through the sky. A suitable place to pray. He held on as best he could, closed his eyes as the wind blew against his face, and contemplated Death.

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
The sparring she had done while flying clearly pulled some difficult techniques into focus for Bethany, and the fight with the invisible beast pulled it all together.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: I'm preparing for difficult knee surgery on Tuesday and will be mostly offline for the rest of the week after that (Tue-Sat). I'll try to keep up and will post a summary if there is fight and let seriousmoonlight sort it out. I will level Ordrar over the weekend.

Ordrar looks at the bag
"Sometimes, paranoia pays, eh?" he looks smug, but quickly returns to his usual self.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
"Yes, indeed, Sir Giant. I would like to fly around the city to see if we can spot any threats from the sky. I know the area well, so I should be able to easily take note of any locations of trouble." say Aremus, optimistically.

Zephyros navigates his castle above Goldenfields. The wizard keeps the cloud at a high altitude, so as not to create a panic. Even from far away, it is obvious that any trouble would have originated from the eastern direction. Barefoot tracks, of various sizes, have torn apart the ground surrounding the east wall. This makes sense given that there are less towers / soldiers positioned on this side.

"Where shall I land," asks Zephyros.

Remove ads