(OOC) Fitz's Folly (ToA PBP)

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
I think that your comment of not spending too much time on this is wise - we don't want to lose momentum here :)

To expand on my previous comment:

We have a lot of things going for us here: A good group with good players, a good gm, a good adventure. But I am wondering if a typical aspect of a hexcrawl adventure - the logistics - may not be 100% appropriate for the medium (pbp). Skipping ahead from time to time will be good I think :)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I don't really run hex-crawls anyway. I'm more into plot-based games. I like to give at least two or three choices to avoid the railroad, but I won't let you wander aimlessly. Once I have collected a little RP from each (or at least most) player(s), I will always move on.

EarlyBird

Explorer
I'm new to pbp (playing less than a year), and was wondering about waiting for everyone to get onto the same page/time in game. My problem was I was waitign for that be GM post to gather up everything I thought was coming, but people kept posting and RPing (which is good), but I got lost to the time of day, which day it was. And what was next on the to do list.

Thanks for moving things along for me I was nearly completely lost there for a moment.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
A good rule of thumb is that if I haven't specified how much time has passed, then not much time has passed (beyond whatever is absolutely necessary to get to where we are). If a player gets ahead, I will usually assume that THAT player is at that point, but everyone can do whatever they feel will catch them up.

It's certainly possible for me to forget to give you important information, but generally, I like to think that if it's important, I will try to mention it. At any rate, always feel free to ask. I consider collaboration to be key.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
I consider collaboration to be key.

Totally. This is a strange way to game after all, needs a bit of extra grease to make it work!

Incidentally, I've been involved in at least 8 ptr games (I may have forgotten one), and 3 of them haven't died so far... and of those, 2 are ran by you so... clearly your doing something right!

Fradak

Explorer
I noticed I don't have a Chult list of gear. But here is the start of some shopping.

15gp cartographer's tools
01gp cook's utensils
10gp expoler's pack
-backpack, bedroll, messkit, tinderbox, 10 torches, 10 days rations, waterskin, 50' rope
12gp dungeoneer's pack
-backpack, crowbar, hammer, 10 pitons, 10 torches, tinderbox, 10 days rations, waterskin, 50' rope
02gp bedrolls x2 (to be used as slings for moving the dead or other none sleeping purposes)
05gp healer's kit

45gp spent (15gp left for canoes)

What about tents? (2gp, 2person)
It's good against rain and insect.

Remove ads