D&D 5E D&D 5e Indiana Jones

Issue is for whip he needs a feat or a class with martial weapons to use one so he would have to add some fighter be the easiest and Human variant and take tavern Brawler because Indy got into a lot of fist fights
How often does he actually use the whip as a weapon though? I can't recall him killing anyone with it other than accidently hanging an opponent with it once.
Whip proficiency isn't required I think.

I'm the guy who thinks Indy could use a few levels of Monk for his fisticuffs and unarmored AC. Basic ki usage like disengage or dash and dodge as well as increased movement (he books from people chasing him all the time).
I think people are looking at a non-magic build.
In the films, people don't tend to wear armour due to the time period that they're set in. I can see a fantasy version of Indy using light armour not problem.

Rogue levels (with a bit of tweaking to the SA rules if you haven't already) would explain his ability to sucker-punch guards to take their uniforms easily, but need protracted fight scenes with any non-mook opponents that he can't take unawares.

He is also a bit higher level than most of the people that he fights, so can win a punch-for-punch fight a lot of the time.

iserith

Magic Wordsmith
Currently leaning toward Fighter 1 /Rogue 2 (Archaeologist) with the Observant feat and a whip as main weapon. I think this hits the notes of the iconic whip, the hat as prized possession (background trait), spotting stuff, and figuring stuff out. Maybe I'll take Lucky feat at 4th level though bumping my Dex to 18 would be nice, so I'm a little torn here.

I think I can outsource the knowledge skills to my dad, though with a small bonus to Intelligence, I wouldn't be terrible at those ability checks either. My Strength sucks though and we're using Variant Encumbrance rules, so I'm going to need a sidekick to carry my pack for sure.

That's what I'm thinking so far anyway. Thoughts?

Elon Tusk

Explorer
Currently leaning toward Fighter 1 /Rogue 2 (Archaeologist) with the Observant feat and a whip as main weapon. I think this hits the notes of the iconic whip, the hat as prized possession (background trait), spotting stuff, and figuring stuff out. Maybe I'll take Lucky feat at 4th level though bumping my Dex to 18 would be nice, so I'm a little torn here.

I think I can outsource the knowledge skills to my dad, though with a small bonus to Intelligence, I wouldn't be terrible at those ability checks either. My Strength sucks though and we're using Variant Encumbrance rules, so I'm going to need a sidekick to carry my pack for sure.

I like it.
Would you mind posting your character sheet when you finish it?

My Strength sucks though and we're using Variant Encumbrance rules, so I'm going to need a sidekick to carry my pack for sure.

Okidoki Dr Jones!

ShortRound.jpg

iserith

Magic Wordsmith
I like it.
Would you mind posting your character sheet when you finish it?

Sure, it'll be in Roll20 so I guess I'll have to screen shot it or something.

I'm also commissioning an artist to do the character portrait. (That will ensure that I die in the first session.)

My Strength sucks though and we're using Variant Encumbrance rules, so I'm going to need a sidekick to carry my pack for sure.

Indy has at least slightly above average Str and probably proficiency in Athletics. With a dumped Str, you're going to have trouble doing some of the things that he does like outrunning enemies, climbing and/or hanging on to things, jumping across pits, and throwing people out of windows.

As always, its going to be a trade off between mechanical optimisation (Maxing Dex presumably) and sticking with concept (Indy's more balanced mix of physical ability scores.)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases