EB's Tyranny of Dragons - OOC (full)

EarlyBird

Explorer
We can "roll" with this. haha

As I said I have two or three spots coming up to allow for your character to join in. Mainly when the group rescues the townfolk trapped in the church, but you could be running/hiding from cultist anywhere. If you are set on halfling fighter/thief acrobat, you could have been a traveling companion of Rumdum and got separated when the dragon swooped into town.

TallIan

Explorer
[MENTION=6853819]TallIan[/MENTION] for William to attack he would have needed to charge, which is fine. I looked up the rules in the DMG and it says that there is no INIT the person with the longer weapon i.e. William (as the rat's teeth are short), so no fear of being attacked with a lower AC.

So this means only 1 rat left in this epic conflict. lol

That was my intent, I need to get used to being more specific about that.

EarlyBird

Explorer
No prob, we are all relearning, I was figuring their was a minimum distance you needed to charge, but not so in AD&D as long as your not already engaged in melee with the target you may charge them.

NOTE: Smart(er) humaniod monsters may set their weapons so watch out for spear carrying orcs or pole-arms on cultist, when you charge.

So we're just going to hang out here in the sewer or what? I guess we have to break the lock. Perhaps a broken lock will still look like a functioning locked door. :)

Why would there be a secret door next to a functioning gate? The problem is the gate lock is rusted out. So breaking it should be a problem. It needs replacing. But breaking it means the functionally locked door becomes a functionally wide open door. So I think we just muscle the lock and break it.

EarlyBird

Explorer
Just a poke for Rumdum and Xull'ivan actions.

Had the group made any of the checks their wouldn't have been a fight. But this group of bad guys heard the gate being broken.

NOTE: Would have gained the XP regardless. I am giving out XP for "defeating" the encounter whether through stealth, diplomacy, or combat.

tglassy

Adventurer
I’m sorry, guys. I’ve held up this game one too many times. I’m going to step back. I’ve almost done it a thousand times, and each time talked myself out of it, but it’s not fair to the group.

Feel free to NPC the Drow, or give him to someone else who wants to play. Hope y’all kill a lot of dragons!

Remove ads