EB's Adventuring in the Days of Yore - Tyranny of Dragons - IC

TallIan

Explorer
OOC:
there are 4 bandits and 4 kobolds in the way
Oops, Sorry I was going from memory of the map and I thought the road kinked north not south (a mirror of itself) leaving us with an open line directly up the hill.

We could circle along the river until we have a clear path up the hill. Circling back through the town sounds like we're inviting the chance to run into more attackers. Following the river to the edge of the map, heading up the hill to the corner of the keep then hugging the wall to the gate, under cover of the keeps arrows seems like best option to me.

As long as we don't attack the kobolds and cultists, I don't really care if we go north or south though.

EarlyBird

Explorer
The darkness helps as you make your way towards the base of the hill the keep resides on. The area is steep enough that you have to dig into the hill to help get yourselves up, but the going is slow. As you make your way to the corner a sentry at the top of the wall calls out. "How's there? Identify yourselves!"

EarlyBird

Explorer
"Oh? Oh... those are children. I thought they were kobolds!" the guard calls back.

"Hurry get to the corner and head to the sally port. Its right before the gates."

The group pulls themselves up to the dark walls and Tina looks around the corner towards the gate. Seeing no other door she calls back. "Its well hidden, keep your hand on the wall as you move and you'll find it."

Gutter nocks an arrow and covers Tina, William and the others as they move out. Her hand on the wall suddenly hits open air causing her almost to trip. The walls are so seamless that from a distance they looked like one and the same. Looking inside the group finds a heavy oaken door with an iron portcullis dropped before it.

Filing into the small alcove they bang on the door and push the children forward. In moments an muttering dwarf has the oaken door opened and the portcullis lifted. "Showing everyone our secrets before we can use them. Darn that guard I'll have him cleaning latrines for a month."

All the same he ushers the group and family into the safety of the keep.

OOC: Do you wish me to reward XP in groups or all at once after reaching a level?
I can block it off into missions/challenges or wait till you get around 2,000 for a level up.

OOC: In the early going, it won't matter much but by 3rd or 4th level XP requirements diverge a lot. And when I dual class, I'll want frequent xp updates. Also, this looks like a story point, so it's a good place for you to wipe the slate clean after giving out some XP.

Also, are we going to meet our drow "companion" here?

EarlyBird

Explorer
Kalina collaspes onto the top of a stack of crates just inside the door, and Gregory and her children surround her everyone hugging and kissing the tops of kids heads. Gregory looks over to the three companions standing next to the dwarf who has just closed and locked the door and portcullis, and mouths a "thank you".

William and Tina both set down their large sacks full of odds and ends and stretch their aching backs a moment. The dwarf passes them eyeing the sacks sideways and then says

dwarf.jpg "Excuse me, I need to go see about closing the main gates now that the sally port has been exposed."

Gutter grunts a reminder to the others, "Church," he says gruffly.

Remove ads