New Forgotten Realms adventures to be published

johnsemlak

First Post
--> http://www.organizedplay.com:8180/News_Item.2003-08-30.4735

Organized Play have announced plans to publish high level (14th level and up) adventures set in the Forgotten Realms setting. The adventures will be based on scenarios from Organized Play's Living City of Raven's Bluff campaign. The adventures will be perfect bound, 160 pages long, and priced at $30. The series will launch in the 4th quarter of 2003, and a new adventure will be released in each quarter of 2004.

Last edited:

Dark Jezter

First Post
Sounds interesting. I may have to check them out. Hopefully they'll be high-quality and fun.

However, since the modules are intended for 18th level characters, it will be many months before my players are strong enough to take them on. Oh well, it will give me more time to hear whether or not they're any good. :)

johnsemlak

First Post
I'm not too familiar with the Living City campaign..

anybody know why they are publishing high level adventures only?

Wouldn't (at least some) low-level adventures sell better and be a logical place to start?

qstor

Adventurer
I've heard through the rumor mill, that Organized Play has been losing a lot of money on the campaign. It's probably a way to make more money off the scenarios instead of having them sit on their ordering server.

IMHO, Green Regent will make things worse since new RPGA players who are fans of the Forgotten Realms, can now play in the Forgotten Realms setting without paying the $30 for membership in OP.

I don't play Living City as part of the RPGA campaigns so I'm not familiar with the quality of them.

Mike

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Cand,

yes there is. I forget the title at the moment (Think it might be Player's Guide to the Realms...) but won't be out until 2004.

Remove ads