Heroics around Hommlet [OOC]

Thels

First Post
In Character Thread.

Rogues Gallery Thread.

I'm planning on running a game through RttToEE. However, that's supposed to start at 4th level, while the players start at 1st, so the players'll be going through some sidequests before starting the actual adventure.

Rules from 3.5 PHB, DMG, MM only (oh, and no Red Wizards). If you don't have the books, the SRD can help you, or I'll try and spot changes since 3.0. No houserules, going by the book for this one. PHB races only, no psionics.

HP: Max at 1st, half after that. Round down at even, up at odd levels.
Stats: 32 point buy system.
Gold: See PHB, assume you rolled max.
Age/Height/Weight: Pick any value that you can possibly roll according to the PHB. Keep in mind that Weight depends on Height.
Alignment: May not be evil.
Deities: Any PHB deities.

Current players:
Majin - Damien Strikeheart - Human Fighter
Wilphe - Astatia - Elven Druid
Manzanita - Raven - Elven Bard
Seonaid - Toriah - Half-Elven Rogue

Missing players:
WhatKu - Col Whitehill - Gnome Fighter
Mackenson - Geryn Rhia - Human Cleric
MattDroz - Gideon Ravenheart - Halfling Rogue

Last edited:

WhatKu

First Post
Col Whitehill
Gnome Fighter 1
AL: CG
Deity: Garl Glittergold
Stats:
STR: 12 [+1]
DEX: 16 [+3]
CON: 12 [+1]
INT: 14 [+2]
WIS: 12 [+1]
CHA: 12 [+1]

AC 17 [10 base, 3 AC, 3 DEX, 1 Size]
Saves: 3 Fort, 3 Ref, 1 Will
Bab: +1

Race Abilites
+4 To hide [small size]
+2 To Listen
May use Speak With Animals, Prestidigion, Ghost Sound, and Dancing Lights 1/day each
+1 To attacks vs kobolds
+4 Dodge Bonus vs Giants

Languages
Common, Gnome, Orc, Draconic

Feats: EWP [Heavy Repeating Crossbow], Rapid Reload [Heavy Repeating Crossbow]

AC Penalty -1, Included in all skills
Skills: Climb +4 [4 ranks]
Jump +4 [4 ranks]
Intimidate +5 [4 ranks]
Craft (Weaponsmithing) +6 [4 ranks]
Spot +1
Listen +3
Hide +6
Move Silently +2

Equipment
Heavy Repeating Crossbow ---- 6 LB
Greataxe ----- 6 LB
Dagger --- 1/2 lb
30 Bolts ---- 3 LB
Studded Leather Armor --- 10 lb
2 Sun Rods --- 2 lb
2 Days of Trail Rations --- 2 lb
Backpack ---- 1/2 lb
Waterskin ---- 1 lb
Artisans Kit [Weaponsmithing] --- not carried
30.5 LB Carried
32.25 Light Load Carry Max
20 GP Left

Attacks:
Greataxe +3 to attack, 1d10+1 dmg, x3 Critical
Heavy Repeating Crossbow - 1d8 dmg, 19-20/x2 critical, 120ft range, 5 shot clip, move action to reload
Dagger--- +3 to melle/+5 ranged, 1d3+1 dmg, 19-20/x2 critical, 10 ft range

Height: 3'8"
Weight: 48 lb

Apperance: Standing at the towering height of 3'8" [at least for a gnome], Col always seems to be lost in thought, or talking. His blonde reaches just above his shoulders, and he is clean shaven. His armor is dyed blackish blue, and his arrows are fletched green, with a mahogny wood. The homemade crossbow he carries with him is made from the same wood, and he absently examines it, looking on how to improve it next time. His greataxes handle is made from more of the wood as his crossbow and bolts, and is slung across his back. A dagger is hidden up his right sleeve.

Personality: When not fighting, thinking of jokes and riddles, or desgining and making new weapons, Col is talking. To himself, to others, or to random objects. Hes generaly fun loving, and loves jokes and riddles. Often spending time to exaime weapons belonging to other people [or formerly living people], he hopes to open his own store. He adventures for the things he finds, and to help out his freinds or other people.

History: Born to two Gnomish wizards, Col grew up to a more mundane calling. A weapon smith of minor skill, Col found he was quite good with an experimental weapon he made based on a model he acqruied from a Dwarven Cleric. He decided that his small town wasnt going to give him much more then it had, and following in his parents footsteps, he left home. He has started to gained a good deal of skill, and has come to Homlet [assuming we are there], based on rumors he heard.

Last edited:

Thels

First Post
It's called Craft (Weaponsmithing). I'm a little startled by it, I must say. You could make all the items by taking 10 however, so I'm accepting it. You do have to keep in mind that you are small and thus do less damage accordingly. The Xbow does 1d8 while the dagger does 1d3.

I prefer sheets where one line is used per item, with the cost and weight noted with the item.

Manzanita

First Post
I, too, am very interested in that module. I'd like to join. I'd like to play an elven Bard. Is this set in FR, then? Knowing the world setting helps me with my background & personality.

Thels

First Post
Actually, it's officially set in Greyhawk, but I'm aiming it to be very standalone, cuz I don't know that much else about Greyhawk. I'm not allowing any FRCS stuff.

Majin

First Post
Name: Damien Strikeheart
Class: Fighter
Level: 1
Race: Human
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Height: 6' 1"
Weight: 175 lbs.
Eyes: Hazel
Hair: Black

Str: 17 (13 Points)
Dex: 13 (5 Points)
Con: 14 (6 Points)
Int: 10 (2 Points)
Wis: 12 (4 Points)
Cha: 10 (2 Points)

Hitpoints: 12
AC: 18 (+5 (Breastplate), +2 (Heavy Steel Shield), +1 (Dex))
Touch AC: 11
Flat-Footed: 17
Initiative: +1

Saves

Fortitude: +4
Reflex: +1
Will: +1

Skills (With AC Penalty)

Climb: (4 ranks) Total: +1
Intimidate: (4 ranks) Total: +4
Jump: (0 ranks) Total: -3
Ride: (0 ranks) Total: +1
Swim (4 ranks) Total: -5

Base Attack: +1
Grapple Attack: +4

Weapons:
Longsword - +5 to hit, (1d8+3 damage)

Feats

Weapon Focus (Longsword)
Power Attack
Cleave

Inventory

Longsword (4 lb.)
Heavy Steel Shield (15 lb.)
Breastplate (30 lb.)
Backpack (2 lb.)
(Inside)
Bedroll (5 lb.)
Flint & Steel (-)
Waterskin (4 lb.)
Whetstone (1 lb.)

Total Weight: 61 lb.
Armor Check Penalty: -6 (-4 Breastplate, -2 Heavy Steel Shield)

Light Load: 86 lb.
Medium Load: 87-173 lb.
Heavy Load: 174-260 lb.

Wealth

0 pp
0 gp
3 sp
0 cp

Damien's appearance is one that is of clearly, noble birth. He has chin length, straight black hair, with very striking features. His dark hazel eyes pierce those he looks at with a certain cold urgency. He is the Prince of Keoland, resided in Niole Dra. Next in line to rule the Keolands Damien was groomed from a young age to take his rightful place on the throne.

Much to his parents dismay, Damien was a free spirit. More interested in pursuing his own interests and entertainment than learning how to rule a kingdom. So it was at the age of 21 Damien set out to the north on his own in search of his own path. He was trained at a young age of the ways of the warrior in order to defend himself and one day command his army in battle whenever neccesary and so can hold his own in a fight.

His families fortune was denied to him because of his choice of actions when he left, but one thing was given to him. A family heirloom, the cloak he wears around himself. The cloak is oversized, and made of black silk with a blood red lining and reaches to the ground. It's clasped at the neck with a brooch of Damien's family insignia, displaying to all his lineage as a prince and heir to the throne.

It has now been 1 full year since Damien left his home. He has found himself at the gates of the glorious city of Verbobonc. Damien fully expects to find his true calling here. To aspire to a greatness obtained by him, of his own two hands, without having it handed to him by birth. This is where he will finally prove himself more than just a noble's son!

Last edited:

Remove ads