D&D 5E Out of the Abyss OOC

Yavathol

Explorer
Thanks, how likely is the fire to migrate? I'm guessing there is little wind in the cavern so embers would be unlikely to travel that far?

It's situations like this that make me think maybe the Arcana skill (or a new skill in controlling spells) would be useful so you could make a skill check to keep the fire under your control..

Concentration?

There's little wind, yes, but fire's inherently uncontrollable. Maybe. Not sure about arcane fire. Probably depends on the spell description and other intangible factors (like DM bias and what I think would add to the cinema of the scene). But even though there's little wind, there are extrinsic factors that might come into play, like a 3P wanting an out of control fire burning down all the settlement's huts.

GlassEye

Adventurer
I think we have enough to act on. I certainly plan on making a post this evening but it may be a little bit longer before I can get it posted.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Ok, hopefully I haven't messed things up too badly. The idea is that even if spotted, the kuo-toans won't think much of a scavenger being attracted to the reeking smorgasbord that is the Deep Father shrine.

Well, I've taken a detour this evening and skimmed quickly through the OOC. I don't see the answer to our current question about whether create bonfire requires line of sight to maintain, but I do see a lot of wonderfully snarky, delightfully wonky, and all-around genius-level humor. And a lot of enjoyment of both the game and one another's company. Reading through it has prompted me to remember that I'm grateful I know each of you, and that we're gaming together. So thanks. You guys are wonderful.

[MENTION=33284]Yavathol[/MENTION], do you remember where Kam last cast create bonfire? I can't recall if it was the rocktopus or the kuo-toa squad back in the tunnel. Rocktopus, I think. Because didn't we then enjoy a bit of roast octopus for supper?

If you remember, let me know. It'll help me pinpoint where in the OOC and the IC I need to be reading.

Remove ads