D&D 5E Out of the Abyss OOC

industrygothica

Adventurer
Polling the team:

1) What are some things you'd like to see have happen with your character, developmentally?

2) What types of encounters are you interested in seeing woven into the game (that we haven't experienced much of or at all yet)?

And a general question outside the context of OotA: What type of game have you been hankering for lately?

I'm going to second GlassEye on this one--I'm finding it difficult to concentrate on much of anything at the moment. No specific reason why really, just one of those funks I guess. I enjoy playing Kago very much, though I will say that he hasn't developed in the same way that I imagined he would. That's not a bad thing, it's just different. We all grow up and do things that we didn't imagine, so I suppose it's appropriate that he's growing differently than expected.

Again, thanks for asking our input!

-IG

Yes, we do seem to hit a bit of a lull in the game. I s'pose that's the genesis for my question. But it's normal to experiences peaks and valleys of interest in a PbP.

industrygothica

Adventurer
Yes, we do seem to hit a bit of a lull in the game. I s'pose that's the genesis for my question. But it's normal to experiences peaks and valleys of interest in a PbP.

It's not just this game... For me, it's just gaming in general; RPG, video, or otherwise. Just nor feeling gamey lately I suppose. But it will pass!

-IG

Just got home at 9:45 pm tonight after a long day at the office trying to get ready to be out the next two days for a conference. I still have to pack. I'll update the IC tomorrow evening from the blissful quiet of my hotel room.

How are you feeling about not being able to see in the dark, [MENTION=6799753]lowkey13[/MENTION]? Is that a liability that kills the fun? It's been on my mind lately.

ALL: There is a short journal entry here.

[MENTION=40413]GlassEye[/MENTION] [MENTION=33284]Yavathol[/MENTION] [MENTION=23298]industrygothica[/MENTION] [MENTION=6799753]lowkey13[/MENTION] [MENTION=23484]Kobold Stew[/MENTION]

Brinn is the only character in the party who has no ability to see in the dark at all.
Yes, as we played through the adventure so far, that has been my growing concern. I'm considering just DM fiating that eventually Brinn's eyes adjust to the dark and he can see. A little. If anyone objects to Brinn being able to see in the dark as a human, I need you to contact me via PM and voice your concern. I'm not looking to unhinge the game. More, I just want to be able to chillax about who can see what so that we can get along to the good cinematic bits.

Had a talk with my children yesterday evening. I believe I'm better served being fully present at home during the evening hours for the next while, and am therefore stopping this game. Rather than put it on hold, I think the smarter move is to admit we've lost steam and put it to bed permanently. I'm sorry for that, but I think all or most of you are likely to agree that it's the right move given the totality of the circumstances!
[MENTION=33284]Yavathol[/MENTION] [MENTION=6799753]lowkey13[/MENTION] [MENTION=40413]GlassEye[/MENTION] [MENTION=23484]Kobold Stew[/MENTION] [MENTION=23298]industrygothica[/MENTION]

Remove ads