What item daily rules do people use?

Its like his character is "a truck driving man" who really wants a pickup truck but he has to trade in a brand new Vette to get and old beater of a truck. Sure the truck can go 4x4 and that is what he is after and the Vette would get stalled where he wants to travel.

But really why not let him have a fancy Truck.. and figure out better ways to deal with offroad mobility

Sure, but what does that have to do with enchant/disenchant, or item costs? I mean, isn't the issue here that the character ended up with a Vette to start with? It seems to me like that's where the communication broke down, and looking to warp the item construction rules into a fix for that is ill-advised, isn't it?

hmmm what if the percentage you got back was based on your relative level... converting lower level items gives you better results might show skill of the enchanter that wayl

/this way the player is the one deciding what is trash in a sense. (instead of some rarity rating)

Hmmm, I'd have to really think about that. You could PROBABLY find a toxic example, but conceptually it might well have merit.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
It seems to me like that's where the communication broke down, and looking to warp the item construction rules into a fix for that is ill-advised, isn't it?
That is certainly where the problem occurred... but that is the premise of the disenchant and enchant rules being a technique for adjusting what you got into what you want honestly what other value do you think those rules have? (recycling 25 old items is obviously not it) ... enabling petty cash?

But yes over all it would be better to improve the communication... or perhaps the DM just afforded the Truck Driving Man an opportunity to prove his loyalty to the 4x4.

Last edited:

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
Hmmm, I'd have to really think about that. You could PROBABLY find a toxic example, but conceptually it might well have merit.

It feels like you are also modelling something (yay for the simulation fans)

Perhaps one might use numbers like these.

20% at level
25% -1
33% -2
50% -3
100% -4 or more levels

or do we want linear

20% at level
40% -1
60% -2
80% -3
100% -4 or more levels

Last edited:

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
It feels like you are also modelling something (yay for the simulation fans)

Perhaps one might use numbers like these.

20% at level
25% -1
33% -2
50% -3
100% -4 or more levels

This suggests another model... the ability as an enchanter ummm level. (which we already generally have feats enhancing enchanting modify)

Theoretically we could have a salesmanship feat have a similar effect as the enchanting ones AND we could assume in a medieval world that everyone barters normally and that with magic items the cost rules apply because you have better contacts to sell to and who know the value of the items.

This suggests another model... the ability as an enchanter ummm level. (which we already generally have feats enhancing enchanting modify)

Theoretically we could have a salesmanship feat have a similar effect as the enchanting ones AND we could assume in a medieval world that everyone barters normally and that with magic items the cost rules apply because you have better contacts to sell to and who know the value of the items.

That's cute, 'Master Barterer', or you could narrow it down to just magic items 'Magic Item Dealer'. :)

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
That's cute, 'Master Barterer', or you could narrow it down to just magic items 'Magic Item Dealer'. :)

Truth in advertising demands we go with the latter ...

Magic Item Dealer
When you sell an Enchanted Item you gain wealth as appropriate for the items level + half your Charisma Mod (maximum +5)

SMH...

Last edited:

Truth in advertising demands we go with the latter ...

Magic Item Dealer
When you sell an Enchanted Item you gain wealth as appropriate for the items level + half your Charisma Mod (maximum +5)

SMH...

Swindler, you are able to increase your return from selling a magic item by 1d10%. You may have to misrepresent the item in question sometimes...

that thought sounds something like a practice.

Yes, indeed, I would call it a practice. It would work that way in HoML terms as well where basically it serves to provide an alternate fictional positioning (a wizard would disenchant, a rogue would swindle, the net result is pretty much the same).

Remove ads