Star Trek Discovery not getting any better I fear.

Hussar

Legend
Now THAT was a Star Trek episode. Sure, the death scene might have dragged a bit, but, still, that hit all the high notes for a ST episode. They really seem to have picked up the ball and run in season 2.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
My girl had a nano second of screen time. I do love the dark hair. Hopefully Rebecca Romijn gets more time later. That part could have been any actress if that is all the screen time.

I was amused by the translator malfunction. That could not have been an easy scene to shoot.

Hussar

Legend
Yeah, the scene with Number One was fantastic. They even got an actress that kinda looks the part. There's is more than a passing resemblance:

Do3jI69X4AEZRA2.jpg

Very cool. Looks like this season is going to be a nerdgasm fest.

CapnZapp

Legend
Discovery seems to have built up a very vocal anti-fandom who are determined to spread any bit of bad news about the show, real or otherwise. Not sure if that says anything about the show itself or just the state of fandom(s) on social media today. Then again, there's real-world money in negative hot takes, so maybe that's all there is to say about that.
You seem surprised or confused.

What aspect about how taking a beloved and quite unique show and then using that name for a very different show that doesn't care to value those unique traits can trigger a negativity backlash do you not understand?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member

What aspect about how taking a beloved and quite unique show and then using that name for a very different show that doesn't care to value those unique traits can trigger a negativity backlash do you not understand?

Case in point.

Zardnaar

Legend
I'm enjoying it, its not great as such but I like it. Its not as good as my favourite shows (Stargate Atlantis/SG1, Babylon 5) but its not to bad.

Kind of helps there is a lack of a great sci fi show atm. This and Orville are about the best that is available. At least until when season IV of The Expanse lands.

Its better than say the worst of the new Battlestar Galactica, not as good as the best of BSG.

Zardnaar

Legend

Are you saying you finally understand the backlash against 4E then?

Remove ads