Programs to organize campaigns

calimedic911

Explorer
mysteryman,

I have a tablet and am wanting to use it at the gaming table. what programs do you usually use? what would be your "ultimate gamer's tablet"

Sean

barsoomcore

Unattainable Ideal
GentleGiant said:
A question for barsoomcore. How does a program go "kablooie" or become "hosed" and thus become beyond repair?

(SNIP -- lots of stuff about following proper backup procedures)
Obviously, if I followed proper backup procedures, my life would be much less interesting. Backups are for wimps!

:D

soulcatcher: On my list of Things To Do When I Have Nothing Else To Do is "Spend a couple of days going through PCGen with a comb and sending a beautifully detailed bug list to the developers" -- I'll move "Doing the same with GMGen" up a notch on that list. I've been in software QA for many years and I know how valuable a good bug report can be.

Honestly, I'll get around to it someday. Some other day. For now, XCode is serving my needs. :D

barsoomcore

Unattainable Ideal
I found it. The program I've been looking for all my life. Holy crap is this ever cool:

VoodooPad

It's a personal Wiki editor. It's awesome.

Yes, it stores data in a binary format. But... but... it's so cool.

I am seduced. It happens to me so easily, I know. :D

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
barsoomcore said:
I found it. The program I've been looking for all my life. Holy crap is this ever cool:

VoodooPad

It's a personal Wiki editor. It's awesome.

Yes, it stores data in a binary format. But... but... it's so cool.

I am seduced. It happens to me so easily, I know. :D
Kind of neat that it will send notes over to an iPod, meaning you players don't have to have it, or a MAC to run it on.

barsoomcore

Unattainable Ideal
Like I'd let somebody without a Mac into my gaming group...

;)

But honestly, I keep a pretty clear separation between my notes and what I let my players see anyway, so being able to let them view it is not very important to me.

Mystery Man

First Post
calimedic911 said:
mysteryman,

I have a tablet and am wanting to use it at the gaming table. what programs do you usually use? what would be your "ultimate gamer's tablet"

Sean
Hey calimedic911 :) Sorry! I had no idea this thread was still going on!

I find myself using Microsoft's Onenote 2003 more and more. You can paste all kinds of crap in there plus you can go back and forth from pen to typing, turn you pen marks into tex etc. I can actually hand draw maps, jot down notes etc. The possibilities are limitless really.

Remove ads