[OOC] Solo Campaign Mad-Lib - The Decision Is In

Sparky

You all know Mad-Libs. Fill this out and I may pick your Mad-Lib as the jumping off point for a solo-campaign (Please be sure to let me know if you're filling this out for fun or because you're actually interested in a solo game). I'm looking for the seeds of an interesting PC and an interesting world - not necessarily the wackiest combination. Though I'll certainly enjoy reading those. If you'd like to pitch your own abstract for a world and a PC, feel free, this is just a fun, guided exercise to get the ball rolling. Enjoy!

1. Campaign world name
2. Adjective
3. Noun
4. Adjective
5. Noun
6. Adjective
7. Noun
8. Adjective
9. PC Name
10. Verb ending in -ing
11. Significant NPC Name
12. Adjective
13. Profession/Class
14. Verb ending in -ing
15. Noun
16. Under/Over-used Monster
17. Rank/Title
18. Anything goes
19. Verb

Welcome to (1)__________!

A world of (2)__________ (3)__________, (4)__________ (5)__________ and (6)__________ (7)__________. In this world (8)__________ (9)__________ dreams of (10)__________ (11)__________, the (12)__________ (13)__________ and (14)__________ the (15)__________ of the (16)__________ (17)_________. Will (18)__________ prevail? (19)__________ and see...

Gadzooks, I hope this works. :)

Last edited:

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
Sparky said:
Gadzooks, I hope this works. :)

I must profess myself amused. :) Once through, not looking at what I'm filling in:

Welcome to Esberon!

A world of scintilating dire badgers, incompetent playwrights, and black cats. In this world doomed Razi dreams of fleeing Kriel, the daring second story burglar and fumbling the guardsman of the of the Inevitable Duke. Will wibble prevail? Smell rankly and see...

I'm not sure what Razi dreams of doing to the guardsman of the Inevitable Duke- a pretty cool title, incidentally- but it's probably not something Eric's Grandma wants to read about. And perhaps I took your "anything goes" a bit too literally with "wibble.":p But I do like "A world of incompetent playwrights and black cats."

Perhaps to be filled out seriously later, with more sleep.

hafrogman

Adventurer
Serious suggestion, although it may not seem it.

Welcome to the Wilderlands!

A world of dark magic, ruthless tyrants and failing hopes. In this world unassuming Gutwick dreams of marrying Jezra, the local witch-girl, and ending the reign of the Demon Lords. Will one young goblin prevail? Watch and see...

Hmmm, one unusual goblin PC rebels against a world of evil and dreams of a happier life. Can the smallest of heroes win when pitted against the greatest of evils?

Sparky

Thomas Hobbes: Wow! The Inevitable Duke. That is cool. And scintillating dire badgers... What world is complete without scintillating dire badgers? I mean, really. On the 'Anything Goes', yeah, I probably should have put Noun, but decided to leave it more open ended for folks.

hafrogman: Alright! That's the stuff!

Keep it comin' folks! :)

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
Welcome to Hachin Torr!

A world of desperate last stands, heroic sacrifice and complex moral dilemmas. In this world ambitious Vanstej Mal dreams of deposing Gavnar, the god-blooded tyrant, and assuming the generalship of the Wyvern Legions. Will reckless naivete prevail? Take cover and see...

And yes, I'd be interested in playing this, if it makes any sense to you.

Rhia

First Post
This was fun! I can always use more bling bling. ;)

Welcome to Solonar!

A world of frustrating spellbooks, divine ogres and mesmerizing hourglasses. In this world honest Joe dreams of suffocating Al'thien Llysanthyl, the scarlet Marhsal and heralding the spyglass of the Rast Archbishop. Will bling bling prevail? Come and see...

Ghostknight

First Post
This just has to be done, Mad magazine used to be a must have monthly fix! If it results in playing - even better!

Welcome to Restless Nights

A world of horrendous nightmares, terrifying demons and awakened undead. In this world luckless S’Urok dreams of slaying Koir, the Undead Mage and disrupting the sacrifice of the Orcish Chieftain. Will blind luck prevail? Tune in and see...

Yep, poor S'Urok, apprentice to the Shaman has been chosen to be sacrificed next to Koir (hey every undead mage needs a drink every now and again). Of course the Cheiftain does not know that he is next on the menu ....

Sparky

Paxus Asclepius: Ooh... this sounds cool too. This is working. I'm sure going have my work cut out for me picking the which game to run. :D

Rhia: Spyglass of the Rast Archbishop... wow. Man, if nothing else comes of this - interesting juxtapositions have.

Ghostknight: Betraying some personal bias, Undead are my favorite enemy. So polarizing. But don't let that influence the rest of you, If you like Orcs, Ghostknight, have you read Grunts! by Mary Gentle?

Good stuff folks - very thought provoking! I think I'll leave this up as a Mad-Lib for another week and then decide which game to pursue. I wish I had time to do all of them.

Heroic goblins, mesmerizing hourglasses, Wyvern Legions, Rast Archbishops (not to mention scintillating dire badgers)... heavens, what have I let myself in for? :D

Ghostknight

First Post
Sparky [b said:
Ghostknight:[/b] Betraying some personal bias, Undead are my favorite enemy. So polarizing. But don't let that influence the rest of you, If you like Orcs, Ghostknight, have you read Grunts! by Mary Gentle?
[/size]

Heh, never steal a dragons treasure, those curses are just way too strange!

Gotta love the lord of darkness getting control of the world via a democratic election (only slightly rigged :p ) Almost as good as the continual promotions the orc gives himself (Now does he end the book as a Field Marchal or General, can't remember but he only starts off as a sergeant!)

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
Once more, for real now.

Welcome to Palurin.

A world of iron-fisted tyrants, blood-drenched priests and hard-bitten guerillas (and hyphens! lots of hyphens!). In this world, mad Lomelindel the dusksinger dreams of freeing Alex, the rebellious mage and slaying the centurions of the Inevitable Arbiter. Will the mortal races prevail? Pray, and see...

How's I sees it: The land is ruled by tyrant gods and their servants the clockwork inevitables, and those who fight against them are facing an impossible task. One freedom fighter, haunted by their expieriences under the opressive regime, seeks to free their love and their companion, captured and slated for execution. It is a hopeless task and, in the end, the results will be meaningless, as the tyrants will not let loose their grip. But hope springs eternal, especially with the mad....

Last edited:

Remove ads