[OOC] Solo Campaign Mad-Lib - The Decision Is In

G

Guest 11456

Welcome to Monster World!

A world of monster heroes, humanoid villains and weird intrigue. In this world unlikely Draxus dreams of usurping Talgon, the despicable dictator and restoring the balance of the beholder lords. Will the young beholder succeed? Watch and see...

Milo Taproot

First Post
This is a great brainstorming exercise.

I started by having a bit of fun choosing random words and putting them together and each time I did I started to think how I could flesh out a whole campaign around what I had. Here is one example:

Welcome to Airadon!
A world of Irradiated natives, slimy artifacts, and mutated fortunes. In this world systematic Zarn dreams of hunting Jarrid Wisper, the nefarious ranger and unmasking the lab of the Zombie doctor. Will justice or evil prevail? Enter and see...

While not as suitable for D&D, it would be a good Modern, Darwin's world, or Gamma world campaign.

Sparky

Thomas Hobbes: Ah you liked the Inevitable... me too. Pretty daggum cool. Hrmm... what's a dusk singer...? All very interesting.

Tailspinner: Behold Draxus the Beholder! A truly monstrous PC.

Milo Taproot: Good to see you Milo. :) ...'While not as suitable for D&D, it would be a good Modern, Darwin's world, or Gamma world campaign.'
Or CoC... Makes me want to play.

Three full plotting days left, folks - I'm staggered so far - keep it up.

doghead

thotd
Welcome to Rathnomatic!

A world of Automated Experience, Ultimate Results and Modern Appliances. In this world State of the Art Hillary Halliburton dreams of Amazing Enos Ron, the Upstanding Accountant and Accounting the Account of the Leech CEO. Will Whoosh! prevail? Flumox and see...

OK. I got a glimpse of the second part before scrolling back and trying to ignore what I had seen. OK. I'm not very good at ignoring what I have already seen.

But now I can go and read other peoples ....

doghead

thotd
Whoosh!

Some tough choices there Sparky. But your heart has got to go out to the little goblin dreaming of getting his girl, a cave of his own with a white picket fence, and filled with the pitter patter of little claws.

doghead

orsal

LEW Judge
Just for fun, not looking for a game to play (but you know, this would be even more fun as a real mad lib, with a different person filling in every word and not knowing how they were supposed to fit together -- wouldn't that give you an unusual campaign to design!)

Welcome to Tarngesh!

A world of ruthless criminals, corrupt oligarchs, and ancient curses. In this world ambitious Rudj dreams of supplanting Jijag, the fearsome Assassins' Guildmaster, and rebuilding the palace of the ancient Emperor. Will our cunning young anti-hero prevail? Read on and see...

Sparky

First, responses to the most recent Mad-Libs:

doghead: It's okay to 'cheat'. It can be part of the fun. Enos Ron, the Accountant. You goof. :) I should have stated up front that I was looking to build a relatively straight-up fantasy setting. This and Milo Taproot's suggestions, while making me think (and laugh) are outside the scope of the campaign I would like to run.

orsal: Man, what a grim world you've posed here. Yikes. I may, in fact, do something participatory for adventure generation and could, certainly, adopt a true-Mad-Lib style, though the campaign will let me know what it needs. Just an idea I'm kicking around.

The candidates:

hafrogman's Wilderlands and the dreams of the goblin hero, Gutwick
Paxus Asclepius' Hachin Torr and Vanstej Mal's ambition to lead the Wyvern Legions
Rhia's Solonar and honest Joe's struggle with the near-sighted Rast Theocracy
Ghostknight's Restless Nights and tasty S'Urok, the orc chieftain
Thomas Hobbes' Palurin and the inevitable song of the mad dusksinger, Lomelindel
Tailspinner's Monster World and Draxus, the beholder with a score to settle and a chip on his ...uh... brow?

If I've excluded anyone it is simply a mistake - please let me know. Included above are the settings and characters of those Mad-Libs which were submitted by folks looking for a fantasy game.

Next, making the decision:

This is gonna be hard. I'll decide this week. Be advised that Mad-Libs submitted after this post are for entertainment purposes only. :)

Thanks to everyone who contributed ideas and/or laughs: Thomas Hobbes, hafrogman, Paxus Asclepius, Rhia, Ghostknight, Tailspinner, Milo Taproot, doghead and orsal - this certainly wouldn't have been as interesting if folks didn't pop in with their thoughts. Wish me luck!

Ghostknight

First Post
Heh - rather you than me having to choose. There have been some interesting posts, hmm gotta consider making that inevitable Baron less than inevitable (probably by using the scintillating beavers!) :lol:

hafrogman

Adventurer
I was just thinking that this would be a very interesting method of creating a group game as well. You play with a blind Mad-lib, giving each player a list of words to fill out, with the only one they know is their PC name. Otherwise they don't know if the words they pick describe the other PCs or the world of the villain or what. Then the DM has to craft a world out of the patched together description while the PCs would all have to create characters based on how the other players defined them.

Remove ads