PCs Still Kicking Puppies OOC [CLOSED, original players still welcome]

Telsar

First Post
I have been given the honor of being allowed to take over the “Puppy Kicking PCs” game, that unfortunately died when some players and it’s DM were no longer able to post. It’s a campaign for evil-aligned (or at least neutral) D&D 3.5 characters, who unlike most evil characters, actually seem to get along. With each other anyway. :) Links to the original campaign can be found here:

Puppy-Kicking PCs Rouge's Gallery
Puppy-Kicking PCs Out of Character Thread
Puppy-Kicking PCs at Work (In Character Thread)

All the original players are invited back, and automatically have a place in the game, as long as they respond to this so I know they’re around. They were: John E Smoke, Cepter, NeuroZombie, Guilt Puppy, Isida Kep’Tukari, Paxus Asclepus, flyingricepaddy, and Thomas Hobbes.

For the total party, I’ll probably want 6-8 PCs (this number subject to change), so assuming many of the originals are still missing, we’ll need more recruits. The basic rules for character creation are:
28 point buy
3rd level characters
Evil, or neutral tending towards evil
The world is generic, but uses the gods from the Player’s Handbook.
I’ll generally allow anything (races, feats, etc) from a WOTC book, although I might disallow something or (more likely) change something if it seems unbalanced.
Starting gold: normal for 3rd level: 2700 gp
Backgrounds: it would help (and keep in the spirit of the original campaign) if any new PCs had some connection with one or some of the original PCs. One of the cool things about the original game was that they were already an established party who could work well together. I recommend discussing this with the original players in this OOC thread, to make sure your backgrounds and connections make sense with their characters.

And that’s about it. If I was starting my own campaign instead of taking this one over, there’d probably be more house rules, but I want the original players’ characters to still work as they were made. I might post some non-character-creation house rules later, such as modified rules on Death and Dying, but we don’t need those yet.

New players can post an “I’m interested in playing” post if you’d like, but I really won’t consider a new player until I at least see a background for your character. As I said before, the original players just have to voice up to get in.

As for my style of play, one thing about the original campaign that I liked was that the plot could generally revolve around the PCs’ desires and motivations. I’ll try to run it the same way. There won’t be any major, lengthy adventures. Just the PCs finding ways to put their, ahem, villainy to use.

Looking forward to hearing from the old players and the new. Any private messages anyone would like to send me, about their characters, backgrounds, or whatever, can be sent to telsar@mchsi.com

Last edited:

Okay, I didn't play the original, but would really like to get in on this one. As requested here is a brief character background. I would like to work in as knowing one of the other (existing) characters, but am not sure if anyone is interested.

T'aria: half-fiend rogue

History: T'aria grew up on the streets of one of the least savory areas of the city. Having no memory of her parents, and having the phrase “cursed spawn of the lower planes” flung at her many times, she was forced to do what she could to survive as it was clear that no help was forthcoming. Most of her childhood was spent in a struggle of survival, of attempting not to be noticed by those stronger than she, by living off of the scraps of others, and stealing from those who would not care, or would not notice. Somehow, she escaped the notice of the Thieves’ Guild in until she was 25, when she made the mistake of lifting a fat purse from one of the higher-ranking members of the Guild. The guild member, surprised at the young cambion’s audacity and self-taught skill (cambion being the name half-fiends such as herself were called), he sponsored her into the Guild. Always a dexterous individual (of both body and mind), T’aria took the training the Guild offered and rose through the ranks rapidly. As she grew more confident in her skills, she also became more confident of her wishes – to be Guildmaster of the entire Thieves’ Guild. However, skill can only take one so far in the Guild’s hierarchy, and after she reached that glass ceiling her promotions became more and more often assisted by the mysterious resignations or deaths of those ahead of her. Although many suspected her helping her superiors to meet their gods or for blackmailing them into resigning, no evidence was ever found to indicate her in any such doings. Nonetheless, any direct superior of hers felt it wise to watch their backs, and their secrets, carefully. Her seemingly meteoric rise in power and rank made many of the Guild nervous, for it was known she was eyeing higher ranks... and one could easily recall the convenient resignations, deaths, and disappearances of those who stood in her way before. Although she was still of low rank in the Guild, it was thought that it would be safer for her to 'leave' the Guild... permanently. Fortunately, she overheard the plans being made, and was able to affect her departure from the city before they could be implemented. She has been wandering since then, using her silver tongue and swift fingers to flitch others of their possessions.

Portrait: http://www.angelfire.com/retro/goddess_fa/roleplaying/TariaPic2.html

Serpenteye

First Post
I don't have a finished character-concept, but I'll make one when we know which of the players will return to the game and we know what kind of character would be needed most.

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
It's an interesting question as to how Gwyn and Taria would get along; they're both half-fiends (though technically, as a female Taria's an alu-fiend, not a cambion), but they have very different outlooks on life. For one, Taria's not a sadistic rapist.

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
As I posted in the other thread, I am definately interested. I am looking at a rogue, heading towards shadow walker.

Well, seeing as there is another player going for the Rogue....I will decide to change to a Dwarf Fighter2/Barbarian1

Aligor Thunderaxe

Aligor grew up in a fairly good sized city with a large dwarven population. As a kid, he was usually seen and regarded as a bully at times, muscling his way through the crowds, pushing the smaller kids to the side, etc. As he grew, he began to view life as one big adventure. He ususally lived life as if there was no tomorrow. His actions showed of a mind that does not take into account for repurcussions. He lived life one day at a time. He then grew too bold and too dangerous for the elders to put up with after he beat a person half to death. Their recourse was to gather the best alchemists and magic users, and conjure a drug for him. This drug was meant to wipe out his mind so that they could mold him into what they wanted, an obedient servant. To their surprise, the drug almost killed him, and while he lay there dying, they decided that the best thing to do was to send him to a distant place, and hope he never returned. They knew if he lived past the drug and its affects, that he would not have a memory anymore. He wouldn't know where he came from, or how he got to where he is. Thus, they teleported him to a distant place unknown to him.

When he awoke, he found himself in an arid place, devoid of much of the plantlife that he was accustomed to. Seeing that his memory was fading from him and that it was hard to grasp what exactly was taking place, he saw distant light of a town. Finding that he had a pack and a weapon, he headed out to the direction of this town. On the way there, a group of three raiders attacked him. Without hesitation, and with moves that just seemed as though they were reflexes, he somehow managed to kill 2 of them before the last ran away. A little faint from the fight, he could not pursue. He rested and went through the business of searching the bodies for anything of use. With the pouch of gold he found and the items on their bodies, he set out for the town. As he arrived in town, he made his way to the inn, and drank the night away, trying to remember anything. All he could remember was his name, Aligor Thunderaxe. Not knowing what exactly to do, he began performing odd jobs in town, which included 'repossesing' items for others, somtimes a little muscle for those wanting others to abide by certain rules, and even as just a hired sword for unsavory tasks.

He grew to be a promising fighter, and during a drinking bout, he found that his anger could fuel his rage and power. He began learning to harness this rage and use it when needed.

(This is where I would like to assume that Sunedilar al Hazir ran into him while on one of his searches through the various cities and towns for some good hired help.)

Last edited:

Paxus Asclepius said:
It's an interesting question as to how Gwyn and Taria would get along; they're both half-fiends (though technically, as a female Taria's an alu-fiend, not a cambion), but they have very different outlooks on life. For one, Taria's not a sadistic rapist.
It might be interesting to see - she has been known to associate with individuals like Gwyn, usually when she needs something - but then again, that's about the only reason she associates with people. :]

T'aria's basic outlook on life is that everyone on the planet (or Plane, as she was originally a Planescape character) exists only for her to use. Once they are no longer useful, she usually discards them - the exceptions being those who might have a future use, and those who are too dangerous to 'discard'. Gwyn would probably fall into the 2nd category, from reading the RG thread. :uhoh:

I could see the two possibly knowing each other from the past - although whether they got along or not is another story...

(I was under the impression that alu-fiends were begotten by succubi with males - all that succubi birth are alu-fiends, and they always have the same set of attributes (small flightless wings & a high Cha being two of them), while cambions are any other mix begotten by a male demon/devil upon a female. At least, that is the impression I got from some 2nd edition Planescape sources, although they do make the assumption in the Planescape MM that all cambions are male - go figure. 3rd edition doesn't make a distinction, so I guess it doesn't really matter.;))

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
My impression had simply been that cambion was the term for males, and alu-fiends for females. Not owning any Planescape books anymore, though, I can't check to be certain. I can easily see them as having worked together in the past; Gwyn is a good hitman, especially if you need an attack in the wilderness, and would gladly work for a fellow half-fiend (with his racial superiority complex doing the talking).

Paxus Asclepius said:
My impression had simply been that cambion was the term for males, and alu-fiends for females. Not owning any Planescape books anymore, though, I can't check to be certain. I can easily see them as having worked together in the past; Gwyn is a good hitman, especially if you need an attack in the wilderness, and would gladly work for a fellow half-fiend (with his racial superiority complex doing the talking).
Racial superiority? I say not - that's just the truth! :]

Actually, that would work fairly well, as T'aria is not very wilderness-savvy. (She's a city girl... umm... fiend.) In return, she would be more than happy to handle... negotiations for you if you happened to need an agent, or if you've 'lost' something that you would like returned. After all, working with a fellow demon-spawn is much more rewarding then working with sheep... I mean, humans. ;)

Remove ads