Against the Crimson Tide IC

Ghostknight

First Post
A pity then, it could have been very profitable for the right person if they knew of, aahhh, exotic goods. I'll take that bottle of spirits of your hands then and a seat, if you have any breakthroughs or any friends who know of exotic goods, just come on over for a chat.

Smiling he places two platinum pieces on the counter, takes the bottle and heads for a table

Oh, if that isn't enough for the bottle, let me know won't you?

He looks for a table, illumiated but near a wall, and sits with the bottle, unopened, in front of him.

"It is a pleasure to meet you as well, Anya, was it?" She bows slightly. "I would be more than happy to walk with you." She waits while Anya gives orders to her subordinantes, and walks out of the temple by the priestess' side. As they walk toward the docks, a very large and somewhat feral-looking horse takes up a position to the left and slightly behind Domina, but otherwise follows quietly.

"Priestess, I actually am interested in this sea as well - and the state of the locals. I've just come from a very... unproductive meeting with the Baron." She glances at the woman out of the corner of her eyes. "The town is uneasy because of these strange happenings. The sea's color, the state of the crops, the hunting, the fish - would you have any idea of what may be causing this?"

silentspace

First Post
Anya walks along, seemingly unconcerned by all the events Domina ex'Zamnia speaks of.

"I visited Baron Kessen myself when I first arrived. He was also quite concerned about these events. He fears the town is becoming uninhabitable, and begged me to put a stop to it. No, I'm sorry, I have no idea what is causing these events."

As they arrive at the docks, Anya pauses to stare out into the sea before continuing.

"It's quite intriguing though, isn't it? And in its own way, quite beautiful."

Spying a tavern by the docks, Anya says "Come, let's have a drink while we wait for my companions to return. I wonder what the local seamen might have to say about all this. Shall we?"

Domina listens quietly to Anya. When she mentions a tavern, Domina nods. "I will accompany you until your companion returns with news about the druid; I have a desire to hear what he knows of these events."

"Arshae - stand." The horse takes up a casual position near the hitching post, but not tied. Domina smiled, knowing that he would not attack anyone - but would guard himself and her belongings fiercely. She slips Final Darkness through loops on the saddle especially made to hold it, then strides to the tavern door and holds it open for Anya. "After you, priestess." She says with a half-bow.

silentspace

First Post
Anya pauses in the entrance to the tavern, surveying the room. She smiles at the bartender as she approaches him, asking for a bottle of his best wine, and whatever Domina would like (unless she wants to share the bottle with her).

Then she'll say, "I'm Anya, and this is Domina. Tell me, what happened to the sea?" in a voice loud enough that the others in the tavern can hear. Once she asks this question, she'll scan the room again, to see what impact her question had on the people of the tavern [Sense Motive +35]. As she's talking with the bartender, she'll also be trying to catch snippets of the other conversations [Listen +9]

Domina orders an mug of ale. She is just taking a drink when Anya announces their names to the room and asks what happened to the sea. Domina tries heroically not to inhale her drink in startlement.

Well... direct sort, isn't she? The armored woman smiles and leans back against the bar. Gotta admire that, especially in a priest. Most of them are too busy sucking up to the ones who fill the church's coffers. She rests against the bar and awaits any answer from the room, listening to conversations that might be interesting, or anyone who might be talking about the two of them.

[OOC: Listen +18]

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
It is quite obvious to Anya (and, from his corner, to Jesper) that the bar's patrons would rather not talk or even think about what's going on, and don't much appreciate outsiders asking them about it. It's also evident that most of them really don't have even as much as an educated guess about the cause. The majority of the conversations seem to be about personal gossip, the one topic little affected by the calamities.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming, swimming, swimming... Fairweather hums to herself as she swims deeper into the sea, an inane little ditty from childhood sticking into her mind at an odd moment.

silentspace

First Post
OOC: Heh, I was hoping Jesper would be here!

Anya turns back to the bartender, slowly uncorking the wine, examining the glass, wiping it a bit with a handkerchief, placing it carefully on the table, uncorking the bottle...

She moves slowly, deliberately, and delicately, savoring the moment [Bluff +33]. Meanwhile, she sends a telepathic message to Domina.

Don't be alarmed, Ms ex'Zamia, this is Anya. She winks subtly at Domina out of the corner of her eye. You might want to know that the creature in the corner, the one who appears to be a small human man, swathed in black... that creature has no thoughts. I've scanned the room, and there are no thoughts from him. He might be a powerful wizard, like I am... Anya takes a sip of her wine... Or perhaps something else entirely. Perhaps an undead or a construct? Quite intriguing, no?

Setting the glass down, Anya thanks the bartender, and getting up from the bar, carries her bottle and glass over to the mysterious man. "Mind if I join you?" she asks. Not waiting for an answer, Anya settles down across from Jesper. "Are you from around here? My name is Anya, in case you didn't hear earlier." Leaning in closer to Jesper, she says in a low voice, not meant for others to hear. "I hope I'm not prying, but I'd like to know... Are you alive?"

Last edited:

Ghostknight

First Post
ooc: How much would I know of them from their names- are we all legendary figures or what? (I know no one would know much about me, being a void adept means I fade away....)

Jesper looks at the women as she approaches, shifting a bit to make access to his weaponry easier if necessary, while surreptitiously stretching he legs to make it easy to push his chair out to escape if necessary.

He smiles easily and charmingly at the woman as she sits down.

As she asks her question he bursts out laughing. Looking at her, directly, he takes in her appearance.

"Well my dear Anya, the last time I checked I was still breathing and had blood pumping through my veins, so in most people's estimation I am alive, though I have enough enemies who would have it otherwise!"

He reaches over for the bottle of dwarven spirits, opens it and pours a measure into a tankard.

"Do't know what you're drinking, want some of this? According to the barkeep the most exotic stuff he has- says much about the establishment- I am sure he has barrels of rum and ale!

Well my dear Anya, what can I do for you and your friend? i know nothing about the sea, I am new here in town as well"

******​

After Tmion left Jesper he wandered into the town, looking to head towards whatever looks like the wealthier areas of the city and the market place.

Dead place this. Wander why it seems so despondent- surely just a change in the color of the sea can't cause this?

He wanders through, looking for anything that might rouse his interest or seem out of place. If I don't find something soon I'll head back to jesper- wander if he's having any better luck in this rathole.

Remove ads