Against the Crimson Tide IC

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Paxus Asclepius said:
Dalamutha thinks for several minutes before responding. "Whatever it is, it comes from deep in the sea; not necessarily far in, but deep. The blood in the water is portent enough for me; the tribe's shaman speaks much about angry spirits and offended gods, but I think he's just trying to make sense of something he doesn't understand. No one from the tribe has disappeared, but several hunters have spotted predators in the deeps that they've never heard of before. Things with too many tentacles.

~
OOC: Is Fairweather using any magic to speed her journey?
"I can go deep if necessary, and I mean to discover what is behind these signs. But those predators... not krakens, are they?"

*Fairweather continutes to swim along as she comments.*

OOC - Fairweather has a swim speed of 50 in this form, and she is using no further magic to speed herself along.

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
"Krakens? I have heard of these things, but they have never been seen in the Inland Sea. No, what the hunters have seen are things that should not be at all, much less here."

~

Domina is directed to the temple of Tyche, a fairly small, though ornate, building.

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
An acolyte of the temple knocks frantically on the door of Anya's suite. "Mistress, Domina ex'Zamia is here to see you! The Reaper of Men!"

Anya's overflight of the city has revealed nothing; whatever occurs here is not so obvious as to be visible from above, save the red hue of the sea which she was already told of.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Paxus Asclepius said:
"Krakens? I have heard of these things, but they have never been seen in the Inland Sea. No, what the hunters have seen are things that should not be at all, much less here."
*Fairweather is fairly concerned inside. If the things here were from another place or even another plane, she would need more than herself to set things right. She would need magicians, or priests in order to seal up such a rent between worlds.*

"That's something less than reassuring to everyone. What do you know of the locath? Is there anything that could make them simply leave their colony?"

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
"Only if their king commanded it, and he would only do so in direst necessity. If that happened, it might be too late. They are a reclusive folk, for the most part, and would be unlikely to have stirred up anything that could do this."

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"T'cha, that is not good news. They might have just been at the wrong place in the wrong time... Come, the faster we get there, the faster I can start to help," Fairweather says as she cuts through the bloody water.

silentspace

First Post
Paxus Asclepius said:
An acolyte of the temple knocks frantically on the door of Anya's suite. "Mistress, Domina ex'Zamia is here to see you! The Reaper of Men!"

Anya, Sumi and Kira are just gathering up their gear as the acolyte knocks. Opening the door, Anya smiles warmly at Domina ex'Zamia, clasping her hands.

"It is a great pleasure to meet you, Domina. Your reputation precedes you. I would know to what I owe the pleasure of your visit, but first I must ask you if you wouldn't mind walking as we talk? We were just heading out to tour Reskevan's latest attraction, the crimson sea. I have never sailed on a red sea, but I have a sudden urge to do so now! Kira, please go tell Baron Kessen that we would like a ship, one suitable for exploration, with an experienced crew. Perhaps a patrol ship or war ship of some sort. Sumi, see if you can locate the local druid for us, and find out what she knows about the latest developments in the sea. Come, Domina ex'Zamia, Reaper of Men, care to tour the docks with me?"

[OOC: I see you've named the Goddess of Luck Tyche now. Do you have any more information about her?]

Last edited:

Remove ads