Against the Crimson Tide IC

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"If you would be so kind, that would be most useful. Could you take care of Mossflower for me while I talk to them? Kessian, take care of Teodric for me. Thank you," Fairweather says, and then walks with him to the shore. Once there she will wait until he has a chance to speak to the merfolk. Then she will cast shapechange on herself, taking the form of a magificient ocean strider to follow the merfolk.

[OOC - Ocean strider is from MMII]

Ghostknight

First Post
Jesper heads into the town, looking for the rougher, seamier side of town and whatever passes for a drinking spot there.

This is a port city, there must eb some pub where people gather, especially sailors. Probably a good place to start- smugglers are usually easiest to contact- they do have to move goods!

Tmion I'm going to take a look down at the docks. Find the local watering hole and front men and work my way up from there. Care to take a look around the other side of the city? I'm sure you can convince the local constabulary that you are just raising funds!

Jesper and Tmion split up, Jesper heading down towards the sea, Tmion looking for a way into the wealthier sections of the city and wherever the local temples may be.

Domina frowns, and her brow wrinkles in thought. "Is there a local druid in the area? If the animals are leaving and the crops are going badly, perhaps someone should consult with him or her." She glances at the Baron. "Of course, I am sure you have already thought of such things," she says smoothly. "You are right, there is little I can do in such a situation - but I can offer advice to you as a temporary advisor. Other than the druid, has anyone spoken with the priests? Perhaps the Gods are angered." She taps a gauntleted finger against the arm of the chair. "Since I am not aware of the entire situation, why don't you tell me what you have discovered, then I can go find a room in town and leave you to do your job?" She smiles coolly at Kessen.

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
Teodric leads you down to the seaside and blows a large conch which he keeps at his belt. Within ten minutes, a half-dozen merfolk can be seen swimming up to shore. Teodric introduces you, and one of the merfolk, a hunter whose name is given as Dalamutha. Overawed by your titanic form, he nervously leads you deep into the sea.

~

Jesper locates the pub easily enough, but what he finds is not a den of vice, but rather a collection of isolated, frightened men calming their nerves with drink. The talk is all of strange happenings and disasters. If there are any criminal frontmen here, they're obviously not doing their jobs at the moment.

~

"The druid?" Kessen snorts. "That old fool cares nothing for the people, just his precious trees and deer. I doubt there's anything he can do. As for the Gods, well, a great priestess of Tyche has come into town, seemingly sent by the goddess herself! If the gods were upset, she'd have told me."

Ghostknight

First Post
Paxus Asclepius said:
Jesper locates the pub easily enough, but what he finds is not a den of vice, but rather a collection of isolated, frightened men calming their nerves with drink. The talk is all of strange happenings and disasters. If there are any criminal frontmen here, they're obviously not doing their jobs at the moment.

Jesper takes a seat at the bar

Looking at the barman he smiles

"Got anything interesting to drink back there?"

He idly plays with a platinum coin,

"Or perhaps, something a bit stronger or who might know of more interesting merchandise?"

Domina stares at the Baron, no emotion crossing her face. Finally she stands, her fullplate clanking slightly. "I see. Very well then, I will be going to town and finding myself an Inn." She walks to the door, reaching out to grasp Final Darkness on her way. "Oh," she pauses as if just recalling something, "and Kessen...." Domina turns to face him, giving him enough time to realize that she hadn't bothered with his title, and plants the bottom end of the scythe on the floor. "I would suggest you work to at least calm the fears of the people. There might not be outright rebellion, as you said, but let's try to make sure that this fear doesn't turn into that, hmmm?"

She opens the door and strides out purposefully, following the same path she had taken inside. Fool. No wonder Saredk wanted me to come out here. The Baron is an idiot.

Once outside, she swings aboard Arshae and nudges him towards town. I need to find either the druid or this priestess who has just arrived… sent by the goddess herself, eh? That sounds promising.

Once she reaches the town proper, she will ask around to try and find out where the priestess might be staying.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Paxus Asclepius said:
Teodric leads you down to the seaside and blows a large conch which he keeps at his belt. Within ten minutes, a half-dozen merfolk can be seen swimming up to shore. Teodric introduces you, and one of the merfolk, a hunter whose name is given as Dalamutha. Overawed by your titanic form, he nervously leads you deep into the sea.
*Swimming along powerfully in her favorite aquatic form, Fairweather questions Dalamutha as she goes.*

"Dalamutha, have there been any portents or signs of these strange happenings? Or perhaps a place where they seem the strongest? Has anyone else disappeared?"

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
The barman hands Jesper a bottle of dwarven spirits. "This is a sailor's bar; that's about the most exotic thing we've got. You want something other than drink, take your business elsewhere."

~

Dalamutha thinks for several minutes before responding. "Whatever it is, it comes from deep in the sea; not necessarily far in, but deep. The blood in the water is portent enough for me; the tribe's shaman speaks much about angry spirits and offended gods, but I think he's just trying to make sense of something he doesn't understand. No one from the tribe has disappeared, but several hunters have spotted predators in the deeps that they've never heard of before. Things with too many tentacles.

~
OOC: Is Fairweather using any magic to speed her journey?

Goddess, I'm afraid I'll have to wait until I hear from silentspace, or until we decide to carry on without him, before I can go on.

silentspace

First Post
Anya flies invisibly above Reskevan, looking for patterns in the disturbances, or signs from her Goddess. Reskevan was the center of the strange occurances, that much was clear. But where in Reskevan? What could be causing the disturbances?

Meanwhile Sumi goes to the local temple of the Goddess to secure quarters, and to find out what the local priesthood knows.

Reaching out to Baron Kessen telepathically, Anya tells him "I am staying at Tyche's temple. Please keep me informed of any developments, occurances, or visitors of note."

Remove ads