The roots of 4e exposed?

Aldarc

Legend
Oh, not a debate at all. I' m just trying to understand this "Story Now" concept, at it's the first time I've read about it.
I'm sorry. I misspoke in my glib. It is less a "debate" and more like a "Big Ole Can-o-Worms" that has involved many of the same people in this thread. Here is probably the most famous 250+ page leviathan: What is *Worldbuilding* For? Be careful. It gets ugly in there and diverges often from the central thread points.

Aldarc

Legend
Oh, come now, it was a triumph of expostulation...:cool:
Despite how heated many of these threads get, I have increasingly found myself drawn to many such threads in General Roleplaying Games. Because a lot of the insight on game design, game theory, and play approaches provided by you, [MENTION=42582]pemerton[/MENTION], [MENTION=22779]Hussar[/MENTION], [MENTION=23751]Maxperson[/MENTION], [MENTION=29398]Lanefan[/MENTION], [MENTION=6696971]Manbearcat[/MENTION], [MENTION=48965]Imaro[/MENTION], [MENTION=85555]Bedrockgames[/MENTION], [MENTION=996]Tony Vargas[/MENTION], among many others unlisted, has been incredibly engaging for me, as it I can apply those insights and approaches to games outside of D&D.

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
As you know, I'm hardly one to blow my own trumpet! Still, I've overcome my modesty to point out that (at the time of posting) that thread is number 6 on the list of hottest threads by XP. (And completeness obliges me to observe that numbers 3 and 12 are also threads that I started.)
I like that they’re all divisible by 3, but you’re missing 9.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
Despite how heated many of these threads get, I have increasingly found myself drawn to many such threads in General Roleplaying Games. Because a lot of the insight on game design, game theory, and play approaches provided by you, [MENTION=42582]pemerton[/MENTION], [MENTION=22779]Hussar[/MENTION], [MENTION=23751]Maxperson[/MENTION], [MENTION=29398]Lanefan[/MENTION], [MENTION=6696971]Manbearcat[/MENTION], [MENTION=48965]Imaro[/MENTION], [MENTION=85555]Bedrockgames[/MENTION], [MENTION=996]Tony Vargas[/MENTION], among many others unlisted, has been incredibly engaging for me, as it I can apply those insights and approaches to games outside of D&D.

Agreed. I love learning new things and seeing how others do things, and I sometimes test out some things from here in my games to see how they are received. I may argue hard, but don't think that it means that I don't take things in. Thank you for engaging in these discussions with me. :)

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
Ditto here, though my applications would be more to the games I run and play in.

pemerton said:
As you know, I'm hardly one to blow my own trumpet! Still, I've overcome my modesty to point out that (at the time of posting) that thread is number 6 on the list of hottest threads by XP. (And completeness obliges me to observe that numbers 3 and 12 are also threads that I started.)
In other words, you're a good firestarter... :)

Remove ads