The Crux of the Matter

Erekose13

Explorer
"I'll give it a shot, but I am guessing that the entire structure is magical. I have a scroll of comprehend languages that I could try as well." Tenebrynn replies as he casts detect magic preparing himself for the headache that may follow if the entire place is overwhelmingly magical in nature.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Sight? Oh you mean you want to know if I can see the door through the mist? Sure--that's easy Mister Ashnar, can't you too? It says 'There once was a box that held all the dark children of the Night, until someone opened it, leaving only Hope inside. From this box, only Hope has escaped, but yet the box is not safe, and so some day, it will be opened again. To the unprepared, unseal not this door. Its binding is my final sacrifice. Elpis, our Hope, be free...' "

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Tenebrynn gets a headache--he is stunned and overwhelmed because not only is the entire structure magical, even the area surrounding the structure is magical. Powerful magic. Raw magic that has not been shaped by a Wizard but is tearing apart the weave of magic in the whole nearby area.*

Erekose13

Explorer
Tenebrynn drops the spell (and his quarterstaff) as he craddles his head. When no longer dazed, he relates what he found to the rest.

Knight Otu

First Post
"Interesting... no, I for one cannot decipher these symbols. Do you know what language it is? Tenebrynn! Are you all right?" Ashnar turns to his friend as the headache overwhelms the Diviner.

(Knowledge again:
Knowledge (arcana) +11
Knowledge (the planes) +7
Knowledge (religion) +7)

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Uh, you guys don't? Ohhhhh, sorry. That's Old Medibarian, one of the neatest languages made by humans! So many pretty grammatical features and useful idioms for a Wizard that it's almost a tossup with Draconic as the best language for the arcane, I think. Draconic may be better for the dragons themselves, but it's harder to pronounce some of those consonants for a human, so I think I prefer Old Medibarian."

(OOC: Knowledge on what?)

Velmont

First Post
Rinaldo listen to Laynie, and seems absorbed by some thought. "I've heard that story... Pandora's box. A perfect world where humans were living. They had been forbidden to do only one thing, open a box. Humans are curious, a great quality and a dire default it is. Someone named Pandora opened the box and all the pain and trouble have been released on the world. Disease, War, Hatred, Corrution, madeness just to name these. The one who had open the box quickly close it, but he hadn't seen the only thing left in the box: Hope, as it is hope that would help humans to confront all these dark moments... after despair had fill the population, someone opened the box again and release the hope, and the humans found the strenght to face there troubles. A bed time story told to children, to teach them that curiosity is not a good thing when you don't control it, and to also teach them that everything have an end, even the bad things of the life."

"I never... heard that... story." tells Hogarth.

"Oh, possible, it seems on your island, you,ve been pretty much isolated, maybe that story never reach it. But my people are travelers, just as me. I've heard many things... well, nothing compare to Nurlan's large extend of stories."

Rinaldo see Tenebrynn reaction to his casting. "Are you all right. What happen to you?" Rinaldo listen to his friends fiding. "Only hope have been released, but rumors of other poeple who had come. is it possible that the seal these runes are speaking about have been broken? And who is Elpis? Is it the wizard who close that tower, or is it the hope that have been released from it?"

Velmont

First Post
Knight Otu said:
(Any of the references in that text. Pandora Night, Elpis, the Box)

OOC: Oh, yeah, I named Pandora, and spoke about that story. I am aware Rinaldo have no Bardic Lore, Knowledge Local or History, but as I stated, for him, it is no more than a bed time story... I thought it fine to speak about it, just nobody take what he told (including teh Pandora name) for something true... bedtime stories might be based on truth, but that can be a very small %.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases