The Crux of the Matter

Rystil Arden

First Post
"If you mean Haste, or even Time Stop, both of those are workarounds," Laynie agrees, "A true chronomantic haste would be devastatingly powerful, allowing a Wizard to cast two spells where other Wizards cast only one, but today's Wizards keep to the simple Transmutation effect of speeding their bodies up by changing themselves, not affecting time at all. Similarly, even the mightiest of faux-chronomancy magic, Time Stop, does not actually stop time. It is a personal spell that makes the subject very very fast instead."

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Yup--quite a convenient in-game explanation for the metagame changes in those spells. Now I just have to hope that some other GM doesn't have an adventure about 'Too Many Chronomancers' about how Chronomancy is really common--ah the dangers of living worlds :D)

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Looks like a majority to me!)

*The group continues onward through the billowing mist, and it isn't very long before a dark shadowy spire reveals itself up ahead, visible off in the distance only because of its size and the way the light plays off the mists. This is likely the tower of which the townsfolk spoke. The approach is nigh, if the group so chooses...*

Velmont

First Post
Rinaldo nods and continue to advance. Hogarth seems a bit nervous. This was far from what he was used to see on his island.

Rystil Arden

First Post
*The group continues onwards towards the tower, walking slowly and carefully through the mists, until the details of the bottom of the huge crystalline spire become visible through proximity, though the top is still shrouded in the roiling mists. The mist seems almost...thicker here, but it doesn't cause any significant problems, it just feels weird.*

*After walking up onto a small marble platform that serves as the approach to the entryway, a heavy platinum door stands before the group, covered in mystic runes that aren't written in any language that the group recognises. The door is closed.*

Knight Otu

First Post
"Charming." It isn't entirely obvious if Ashnar is joking with that remark. "Tenebrynn, I think a detect magic would be a good first step in determining the nature of this obstacle. Unless Laynie's ... Sight picks something up?"

Remove ads