BAB: +1
Melee: +3 [+1 base, +2 Str]
Ranged: +4 [+1 base, +3 Dex]
Speed: 30’
Hero Points: 1

Saves
Fort: +3 [+2 base, +1 Con]
Ref: +3 [+0 base, +3 Dex]
Will: +1 [+2 base, -1 Wis] (+2 versus enchantments)

Attacks-Weapons:
Greataxe: +3 [+3 Melee, 1d10 +3 damage [+3 two-handed Strength], x3, S]
Dagger: +3 [+3 Melee, 1d4 +2 damage [+2 Strength], 19-20/x2, P]
Shortspear: +4 [+4 Ranged, 1d8 +2 damage [+2 Strength0, x3, P, 20’ range]

Feats: Intuitive Sense (ceremonial), Born Hero (talent)

Skills:

Diplomacy +5 [4 ranks, +1 Cha]
Disable Device +6 [4 ranks, +2 Int]
Intimidate +3 [0 ranks, +1 Cha, +2 racial]
Knowledge (history) +7 [4 ranks, +3 Int]
Open Lock +7 [4 ranks, +3 Dex]
Listen +1 [0 ranks, -1 Wis, +2 racial]
Search +5 [0 ranks, +3 Int, +2 racial]
Spot +1 [0 ranks, -1 Wis, +2 racial]
Wilderness Survival +1 [0 ranks, -1 Wis, +2 racial]

Languages - Common, Litorian, Giant, Troll

Racial qualities: Speak common and litorian; low light vision; +2 racial bonus on Intimidate, Search, Spot, Listen, and Wilderness Survival checks, +2 Con, -2 Int.

Class Abilities: Open Lock and Disable Device are class skills, Freedom’s Will (+2 resistance bonus to spells of the enchantment school), proficient in all simple and martial weapons, light, heavy, medium armors and shields.

Possessions: Starting gold - 100gp

Wearing/Carrying
Studded leather jack – 20 lbs [25 gp]
Chaincleaver – greataxe – 20 lbs [20 gp]
3 shortspears – 15 lbs [6 gp]
Dagger - 1 lb [2 gp]
Belt pouch - .5 lb [1 gp]
Waterskin - n/a weight [1 gp]

In backpack - backpack - 2 lbs [2gp].
Theives’ tools – 1 lb [30gp]
Winter blanket – 3 lbs [5 sp]
Bedroll - 5 lbs [1 sp].
Flint and steel - n/a weight [1 gp]
50 ft. hemp rope - 10 lbs [1 gp]
10 days’ trail rations – 10 lbs [5 gp]
5 square yards of canvas – 5 lbs [5 sp]
5 torches – 5 lbs [5 cp]

Coin: 4gp, 4sp, 5cp

Appearance: Yina is a tall, raw-boned litorian woman with a half-starved appearance about her. Her fur is slightly ruddy, and her eyes are an intense shade of orange. She bears faint burn scars on her hands, and keeps her wrists wrapped with red leather straps. Her studded leather armor is battered and worn, and her greataxe, while well-cared for, is nicked and old.

Personality: Yina is always ready with a laugh when the situation warrants it, for laughter is best shared in freedom. She is rather fond of jokes, many of which are somewhat lewd, and enjoys telling raunchy stories and singing bawdy songs in taverns over a tankard of ale. But when danger is about, she becomes quiet and tense, her hands showing a death-grip on her weapon, and her jaw clenched tightly shut. In these situations, she speaks little, even when it is necessary to.

Backstory: Yina grew up in one of the far western litorian tribes, very near Bitter Peaks. While not a great hunter, she was very deft and clever with her hands, and showed prodigious strength for one so young, and was encouraged to try weaponsmithing. She was barely a month into her lessons when her village was raided. Her village was not rich, nor were the raiders, and they raided the smithy first to get the fine weapons there. Her mentor was wounded, and the raiders chained her to the forge and shoved her hands in the coals to incapacitate her while they looted the place.

To avoid blood-debt retribution for the slain (something litorians will take up with enthusiasm), the raiders killed no one, but left broken bodies and broken spirits behind them. It took months for Yina’s hands to heal from her burns, and she swore to herself she would never let herself or anyone else be helpless again. She has been training for just over a year in various weapons, and is prepared to go out in the wider world beyond the plains to help those who are oppressed and bound by fear.

Lobo Lurker

First Post
Okay, that looks like everyone but Galieo. We're just waiting on you bub. :)

Gideon & Isida are alternates. If Galieo doesn't pop up soon, Gideon will take his place.

AU RULES DIFFERENCES:

Death & Dying
In AU, it takes you longer to die. At zero hit points to -X (X being your Con modifier) you are disabled (just like being at zero hit points in regular DnD). Final death doesn't take place until you reach your negative constitution score (so yes, if you have a Con of 12, then you'll die at -12 hit points).

Hero Points
On your turn, before determining the success or failure of a roll (ie, state your intention before I post the results of your action) you can announce that you'll be using a hero point to help accomplish your action.

A hero point adds +20 to your d20 roll that determins success or failure.

Special Cases
Attack Rolls: If a hero point it used on an attack roll and the attack would have succeeded anyway then either the damage is doubled or a player can make a called shot (which has a special effect like: blindness for 1d10+4 rounds, stun for 1d3 rounds, or render a limb useless for 1d6 rounds).

Initiative: A hero point can be spent to act out of turn (ie, before his or her initiative). The next round, actions are taken in thier normal order.

Defense: A hero point can be spent to add a 1d20 luck bonus to a Saving Throw or Armor Classes. If the save would have succeeded without the use of a hero point, all effects are avoided (half or partial effect spells only).

Last Ditch Death Avoidance: A hero point can be spent to gain a grievious and debilitating injury instead of dying (disfiguring scar, lose a hand or eye, etc...). This is the only time a hero point can be used after the results of a die roll are known.

Rules Alteration: A hero point can be spent to do something that the rules do not allow.

DM's Note: Be creative with your use of hero points. :)

Last edited:

Lobo Lurker

First Post
Okay, as soon as Galieo post his character, we'll get started.
If Galieo doesn't post by this afternoon Gideon can have his spot.

As for rations, pins, needles, whetstones, etc... just assume that your character has those basic things, I'm not a stickler for itemizing everything down to your shoelaces.

Sunstones and other game-affecting items do need to be purchased though.

Yossariad begins with a Witch Bag. If memory serves, Strahm doens't need material componants, but if he does then he has a Spell Componant Pouch.

Lobo Lurker

First Post
Okay. Galieo is an alternate (if he/she wishes).
Gideon may have his/her spot.

Gideon, please post a character post haste. ^_^ I'll go ahead and make the first post. Gideon's character will be worked in after he posts it here... it'll likely be someone's long-lost friend/brother/etc...

For ease of integration, I'm railroading everyone together. Sorry for the heavy hand, but I think that in this instance it helps move the game along.

Gideon

First Post
Sadly, timing and my own poor planning keep me sidelined. I left my Arcana Unearthed book up at school and just got home for christmas vacation. i won't be able to get at it until the January 11th.

I want to play a verrik Magister or mind witch.

I will have to stay of the sidelines for right now. Sorry, for the trouble.

Remove ads