The Faerie Woods [Knight Otu Judging]

nimisgod

LEW Judge
OOG: Sorry, my bad. Hehe. Adjusted the above.

Ishmael is taken aback by Percy's rebuke and, instinctively, feels like a Knight's squire again. In his youth, he was often reprimanded for minor breaches of conduct. Thus was his status low amongst the Wooden Sword.

He squirms beneath the Sorceroress' frame. "I am sorry. I did not know" Comes tumbling out of his mouth without thought. But then, he realizes who he is talking to and what she truly meant to say. This was a friend, not a superior officer.

"Thou art correct. I... I shall try not to worry thee so" Somehow, despite the grief of the situation and beneath the bloodstains all over him, Ishmael manages a reassuring smile.

First, the Knight does a quick scan of the surroundings with his Divine Inquisition. He takes care to avoid Rodimus in those scans, knowing the unnerving aura around the half-orc. Ishmael gathers the rest of his belongings that were scattered around the battlefield. As soon as he finds his wand of curing, he spends a charge of it (1d8+1=3) on Rodimus, to rouse him from unconsciousness.

If Rodimus desires another spell of healing, Ishmael would be happy to comply. Ishmael also inquires about Nars' and Percy's health.

SlagMortar

First Post
Glad to be told what to do, Nars complies with Percy's instructions, also picking up and stowing his sickle. While moving about, he puzzles for a moment over who Fondar is and finally remembers the conversation on the road.

At Ishmael's inquiry, he says, "I, ah, don't know how, but I've, er, got not a scratch. When I woke up, all the pain was gone." He glances down at the conspicuous hole torn in his chain shirt by the redcap's scythe and a small shudder runs through his sturdy frame.

After Percy wraps her cloak about Gorefoot, Nars tells her, "I, ah, can g-get him." Nars lifts Gorefoot's small body, trusting in his dwarven surefootedness to keep him from slipping on the rocks.

OOC: Nars leaves Gorefoot's backpack and weapons. Gorefoot + studded leather weighs 51 pounds which puts Nars at a medium load.

Manzanita

First Post
Percy

Percy guides Nars back to where their horses await. She casts a Prestidigitation spell to clean up Gorefoot as best she can. After a bit of sitting quietly, she regains her composure.

"I'm sorry Ishmael. I just don't want you to get killed. Well. What shall we do now? We need to look down that trap door of course. I'm tempted to do it today, even though I have virtually no spells left. The faerie King's healing egg completely cured me of those cuts and bruises from the redcap's sling. I'm afraid if there's something valuable down that hole, I want to get it before the redcap does. He might even still be down there, though I guess the thorns think they'd know if he were. Are you guys up for it now?"

Patlin

Explorer
Rewards Worksheet

Judge's eyes only

[sblock]Last xp rewards given: Battle at the Inn and Lopsided Battle

Petals: 5 CR 1 creatures 300 xp per character
Fey Lord & Thorns: RP Encounter, 500 xp ad hoc/100 xp per character
Redcap: 1 CR 7 creature 720 xp for 2nd levels, 640 xp for 4th levels

Time based xp: December 16 through July 16th -- 7 months
700 xp for the 2nd levels;
Persephone and Ishmael 150 xp per month through 5/10, then 200 xp per month=aproximately 750+400=1,150

Total xp per character:
Gorefoot, Nars, Rodimus: 1,820
Persephone and Ishmael: 2,190

Reccomended GP Reward
Battle at the Inn 3115.1 gp
Lopsided Battle 1200 gp
Petals 1457.5 gp
Redcap 2600 gp
Total recomended reward: 8,372.6 gp

actual treasure distributed thus far: 4 horses with associated gear about 300 gp
aproximate value for use in creating the Redcap's hoard of treasure: 8k gp.

Edit -- Correction: "The bandits possessions (excluding the theft in progress) include two crossbows, bolts, the melee weapon each wielded, leather armor for each, and the horses outside. They have a grand total of 4 gold in assorted coins."
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Dalamar

Adventurer
Taking stock of the current situation, Rodimus shakes out the last of his second scythe-inducted unconsciousness of the day. The monk bows his head in respect as Nars carries Gorefoot's body.

When Persophone asks about going inside, the half-orc takes his last potion from his belt and gulps it down. Some of the liquid spills down from the side of his mouth as he cringes on the pain that was caused by one of his wounds opening and reclosing as the potion took its effect.
"Can go now," he says, tossing away the empty container

OoC: 1d8+1, -1 for strenuous action = 2

SlagMortar

First Post
Looking and Rodimus and seeing great tears left by the scythe just barely holding together, Nars says, "N-no offense, friend, but, ah, you don't look, er, ready to go." Ishmael is a tough little guy. He took the full brunt of the Redcap's strike and is still standing.

Turning back to Percy, Nars thinks for a moment. Gorefoot is gone. That's all that matters right now. No, that's wrong. The redcap will continue it's disruption of the world. We have to stop it. The best way to do that right now is to sieze any resources it may have buried before it can come back and get them. Percy is right

"Percy, you're right. I can go first, since I, ah, see in the dark. I'll try to, er, stay out of sight."

Patlin

Explorer
After examining the trap door carefully Nars opens it and looks down into the darkness below. An unpleasant smell wafts up from below, mixing urine and decay. His Dwarven eyes penetrating the darkness, Nars sees that the room below is some sort of partially collapsed cellar. In one corner, a large cauldron sits among the rubble. In another you see what appears to be a very small tunnel, a tight squeeze even for a small creature. Near the tunnel Nars sees some burnt out candles and an old scroll case, along with a pile of coins.

nimisgod

LEW Judge
Seeing that the rest of the party no longer needed (or asked for) healing, Ishmael finally tends to his own wounds. He had to free his left hand from holding his gut after all.

The Deep Halfling spends two three charges on himself ((1d8+1=3, 1d8+1=6, 1d8+1=5), making sure that his left arm did not get stuck to his skin or to his entrails. Ishmael feels much better, physically, but the taint on his heart remains. (current hp: 25/32)

He puts to his belt or his pack, all his dropped or thrown weapons. He concurs with Nars' comment regarding Rodimus' state. "Um. Verily thou canst use more healing, Rodimus. Wouldst thou allow me to heal thee?"

OOG: Where is my warpony mount? Can I have him carry the rest of Gorefoot's stuff? Maybe even Gorefoot himself?

Last edited:

Remove ads