• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Hanable's Hunters, Part I & II

unleashed

First Post
Firavel d’Thuranni, Male Elf Rogue/Dragonmark Heir

Three additional? We had no numbers before scouting...how could they be additional?

Sounding a little frustrated at the question, Firavel answers, “Ogres, three of them, at the position being scouted of course, although it sounds and looks like there may be others, but I cannot see the others directly.”

MavrickWeirdo

First Post
Kerlokh carefully sneaks forward to try and hear what they are saying
[sblock] Hide +2, Listen +7, Move Silently +2. Kerlokh will use 1 action point on whichever of these rolls is lowest. Kerlokh knows Giantish. [/sblock]

Bront

The man with the probe
Kerlokh disapears from view from the rest of the party as he presses forward.

[sblock=Kerlok]Kerlokh skillfully moves closer, keeping quiet, and gets within earshot.

"Shh, Gorefoot say master call them back cause there intruders in area."

"Why master not have Gorefoot hunt intruder? Gorefoot good at mmmrffff."

"Shhhhh."[/sblock]

Whitlock heads closer to the rise, rustling some bushes as he goes.

unleashed

First Post

Though he has no chance to understand the ogres ahead, Firavel does manoeuvre stealthily to see if he can find out the exact amount they may be forced to confront.

Bront

The man with the probe
Firavel disapears from sight from the party as he heads towards the mound.
[sblock=Firavel]Firavel sneaks closer quietly. He gets a better view, spoting 4, no 5 ogres. One is talking to another, who is trying to get that one to be quiet. The mound is about 15' around, and rises at most 6' from the ground.

You think you saw a flicker of movement from behind the mound.[/sblock]

unleashed

First Post

[SBLOCK=Bront]Firavel tries to circle around the mound to see what might have created the flicker of movement, all the while endeavouring to remain unnoticed as he continues to scout.[/SBLOCK]

Bront

The man with the probe
[sblock=Firavel]Firavel carefully circles around, but curses himself for a one of his poorer chosen spots as he moves, hoping that his lack of noise did not bring anyone to notice him. Seeming to catch a break, he continues, and sees that the mound opens on the other side, and one more ogre stands in the opening, which also seems to decend, unless the ogre has nothing below the waist.[/sblock]

unleashed

First Post

[SBLOCK=Bront]Happy that he has seen all he can without letting anyone know he is there, Firavel stealthily makes his way back to the main party. Once he is out of earshot of he ogres, speaks to the other scouts through his hunter’s brooch as follows.

“Whitlok, Kerlokh, I have finished scouting the situation, there are five ogres hiding in ambush where they were talking, and one guarding the entrance which decends into the ground around the back of the mound. I am returning to the group, join us when you are finished.”

OOC: I’ve posted the talking here just in case something happens and he can’t do it.[/SBLOCK]

Bront

The man with the probe
Firavel comes into view of the main party again as he takes cover behind a tree while in their view.

OOC: The party is free to read the above Sblock.

Remove ads