• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Hanable's Hunters, Part I & II

Bront

The man with the probe
Kerlokh and Whitlok appear back with the rest of the group, seemingly out of nowhere.

[sblock=Kerlokh]You probably seem like a master of stealth, but I didn't roll lower than an 18 on your hide or MS rolls, and even your listen roll was a 16. Of course, you don't have to tell anyone ;)

BTW, you didn't use an action point, didn't need to[/sblock]

Prof Yeti

First Post
Marek d'Cannith - Paragon/ Wizard

Watching as his companions seem suddenly reappear were the rest of the party has been holding, Jaron looks from Whitlok to Kerlohk to Firavel and whispers. "So what is the plan?"

MavrickWeirdo

First Post
Prof Yeti said:
Watching as his companions seem suddenly reappear were the rest of the party has been holding, Jaron looks from Whitlok to Kerlohk to Firavel and whispers. "So what is the plan?"

Our real problem is the ogre in the entrance. If he escapes underground he could bring reinforcements. On the other hand, if we had a way to "freeze" him in the entrance the rest might not be able to get by him.

unleashed

First Post
Firavel d’Thuranni, Male Elf Rogue/Dragonmark Heir

“Yes the ogre in the entrance would be hard to get past, as I could only see it from the waist up,” Firavel interjects.

D20Dazza

Explorer
Whitlock concurs, "Immobilising the one at the entrance does make sense although the sound of battle may very well alert those inside anyway. So does anyone have a way of immobilising the ogre and silencing the area?"

Prof Yeti

First Post
D20Dazza said:
Whitlock concurs, "Immobilising the one at the entrance does make sense although the sound of battle may very well alert those inside anyway. So does anyone have a way of immobilising the ogre and silencing the area?"

Looking up at the suggestion, Marek catches Whitlok' gaze. "Well I have a spell that creates a very large web, much like a spiders. It would possibly do the trick, but I would have to see where I am casting the spell." After a moments pause, he continues. "And wouldn't those spheres' that create an area of silence help in our plight? So as long as I am within approximately one hundred feet with a visual of the guard someone could sneak up to the entrance and set off the globe, followed by my spell. Then we can go in and finish the smelly beast." While still whispering Marek stops realizing he has maybe said too much. "I apologize....those were just crude suggestions. I will gladly defer to those with more experience in this area."

D20Dazza

Explorer
"Good suggestions friend Marek, I had forgotten we possessed those spheres. How close would you have to be to seal the entrance with a web and is there any chance that the ogres could just break through it?"

Rystil Arden

First Post
"We can mix and match the web with a nice Entangle effect from my friends, the nearby forest plants. As for the Silence, I suggest centring it on a creature or object rather than a point of space, just in case he does get to move. However, if we Silence the one, this would hardly stop one of the others, who will surely see us, from running off to alert the others in the underground stronghold."

Remove ads