Hanable's Hunters, Part I & II

Bront

The man with the probe
OOC: Doh, that's why I asked, wasn't 100% sure, (and I even went back and looked, though stoped short by 1 post, LOL) Guess you don't get that game breaking clue I was gonna give you on how to kill the big badie using common household tools. :)

Prof Yeti

First Post
Marek d'Cannith - Paragon/ Wizard

unleashed said:
“We could probably all get around the other side of the mound, where the entrance is, if we go widely enough around the ambush. Then we could all assault the one in the entrance and will be together and ready for whatever follows...hopefully they will not know until we fall upon the rest that their ally guarding the entrance is dead.”

Looking into the distance for a moment, Marek does some mental calculations. "Well yes as Selene has said brute force can break thru both the web and the entangling effects but the surprise factor coupled with the silence may be enough." Pausing a moment Marek continues. "So if the majority of us travel around to face the entrance, allowing for Selene and I to cast our spells, and Firavel and possibly another sneak to the entrance from here we could set a ambush of our own. Having Firavel set off the sphere, then have Selene cast the entangling spell on the ogres outside the entrance having it reach in if possible, at the same time I cast the web spell on the one guarding the entrance. And since their strength is a problem I will cast the spell to put most of it between him and the rest of the cave. That way he has to either go thru the length of either the web or the entangle to get free. And the sphere can be thrown into the web to give Firavel his hands free to strike free with any ranged weapon of his choice, though I figure we would best be served concentrating on the one in the cave and working out. Plus if any from inside the cave tried to come out the would have to transverse the whole of both effects. But I should warn the webbing of my spell is vulnerable to fire much like a normal web."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Hmm...I suppose that could work. You know, Marek, real spider silk melts when exposed to fire, rather than flashing and burning like a Wizard-Web...I've always wondered why the spell burns like that. Must be made of something different, I guess."

D20Dazza

Explorer
"How about Firavel and I circle around to come at the ogres from above the entrance? We could activate the silence sphere as we get clsoe to mask our movements and then drop it on th ogres as soon as we see the web and vines start to do their job. Whitlock suggests.

Prof Yeti

First Post
Marek d'Cannith - Paragon/ Wizard

Rystil Arden said:
"Hmm...I suppose that could work. You know, Marek, real spider silk melts when exposed to fire, rather than flashing and burning like a Wizard-Web...I've always wondered why the spell burns like that. Must be made of something different, I guess."
His head picking up now that the topic has switched to something he is more familiar. "To tell the truth I am not sure. Though my theory is that the Wizard-Web is made strong by the application an excess of magic. When flame is applied it causes the bonds of that excess magic to weaken and give way. Then the escaping energy takes the form of the catalyst and expands in proportion to the fuel." Stopping and looking at the expressions looking back he quickly shuts his mouth and begins look at the direction of the mound.

D20Dazza said:
"How about Firavel and I circle around to come at the ogres from above the entrance? We could activate the silence sphere as we get clsoe to mask our movements and then drop it on th ogres as soon as we see the web and vines start to do their job. Whitlock suggests.
Looking back toward Whitlok as he begins talking about a plan. "I would be careful about when you use the sphere as it has a maximum duration of five minutes per day. But to get you in place we also have those potions of Hide and Sneak which last for an hour. Though I doubt it will be necessary we also have four potions of invisibility that lasts for three minutes each. But having a couple in place would greatly increase our chances of keeping them from calling the others."

Elocin

Lurker (sort of)
Hobbes - Shifter Ranger/Barbarian

Silently watching the debate on what to do, Hobbes finally speaks up. "There is another option but it might be a tad risky, well risky to me anyway. I could sneak up with the spheres in hand and using stealth and invisibility I could grapple with the ogre as you cast your spells on us. This way the Ogre would have to fight the entanglements, spiderwebs and myself. As soon as those spells are cast the rest of the party attacks from the front to hopefully distract the other Ogres from focusing on me. I can seal off the underground entrance and make sure no sound travels down the tunnel as the silence effect will be centered on me and I can move accordingly."

With that, Hobbes goes back to watching the surrounding area to make sure no surprises sneak up on them while they are discussing the matter.

MavrickWeirdo

First Post
Elocin said:
"There is another option but it might be a tad risky, well risky to me anyway. I could sneak up with the spheres in hand and using stealth and invisibility I could grapple with the ogre as you cast your spells on us. This way the Ogre would have to fight the entanglements, spiderwebs and myself. As soon as those spells are cast the rest of the party attacks from the front to hopefully distract the other Ogres from focusing on me. I can seal off the underground entrance and make sure no sound travels down the tunnel as the silence effect will be centered on me and I can move accordingly."

Do you know the saying "That's so stupid it might work."? Well, I don't think that plan is stupid enough to qualify.

unleashed

First Post
Firavel d’Thuranni, Male Elf Rogue/Dragonmark Heir

“I do not think so Hobbes, we do not want you trapped with the one in the entrance when we may need to fight the other five. Do we have a plan of action then...are we going to dispose of the one in the entrance via silence, web, and missile fire, before Selene casts her entangle, then take on those set up in ambush, or does someone else have a better plan?” Firavel asks, before continuing, “Whatever the case, the stealth potions should probably be used at the start of this assault as Marek suggests, as we should enter the complex quickly and quietly once we have secured the area.”

Remove ads