Hanable's Hunters, Part I & II

unleashed

First Post
Firavel d’Thuranni, Male Elf Rogue/Dragonmark Heir

“Well Selene if one of the others did see us it would need to get past the one entrapped by the web, entangle, and the silence globe who would still be in the entrance,” Firavel adds.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Is the entrance that narrow then? Excellent. Of course the problem is that the Web/Entangle tactic is weakest against enemies with a lot of brute strength or excellent escape artist skills, the former of which, at least, the ogres have. Still, I can cast my spell from 600 feet away and encompass a forty foot radius. That means that to it will still take maybe 12 to 18 seconds worst-case scenario for the ogre to get through, which may give us enough time to silence the others and turn to him."

unleashed

First Post

“Well the mound is not very high, only 6 feet at its highest point, so if we are fortunate enough we can take the one in the entrance to the mound with bowfire and by using the silence orb in that opening beforehand hopefully no sound from its death would enter the complex or that of our fight against the others as Marek has suggested. After we take that one out, your entangle would then definitely help stop others from easily fleeing into the complex as would Marek’s web,” Firavel expounds.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Hmm...in that case we need to get the Silence effect up from afar, so you can place the Silence effect from the orb on an arrow, as long as you're sure that if you miss it will be from the armour and natural armour of the monster and not on a total whizz past the ogre completely. There's no way the ogre will be able to determine that throwing away the arrow will eliminate the Silence, and doing so in an Entangle and Web is hard enough besides."

unleashed

First Post

“Or I could possibly sneak close enough to place it so that it would envelop the entrance, and fire or strike from there where I may be more effective...”

Rystil Arden

First Post
"The entrance is past all the other ogres though, right? I trust your skill at sneaking past to there, but when the fighting breaks out, if all the ogres decide to converge on you, it could prove...nasty. Of course, if all goes well, they may never realise you are there."

Bront

The man with the probe
Rystil Arden said:
"We can mix and match the web with a nice Entangle effect from my friends, the nearby forest plants. As for the Silence, I suggest centring it on a creature or object rather than a point of space, just in case he does get to move. However, if we Silence the one, this would hardly stop one of the others, who will surely see us, from running off to alert the others in the underground stronghold."
OOC: The spheres are targeted on the spheres, not another target.

unleashed

First Post

“We could probably all get around the other side of the mound, where the entrance is, if we go widely enough around the ambush. Then we could all assault the one in the entrance and will be together and ready for whatever follows...hopefully they will not know until we fall upon the rest that their ally guarding the entrance is dead.”

Remove ads